Reviews for Break To Breathe
Ohana15 chapter 50 . 6/3
Absolutely one of the best Neji/Shikamaru stories I have ever read. I'd never even thought about this pairing before reading this and just the way you built the relationship while staying so true to the characters was just amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. I'm going to drive right in to the sequel!
PaolytaTomlinson chapter 34 . 4/16
How do you do to keep a piece of my heart with each chapter? I'm crying inside, damn it, it's so beautiful that it hurts
PaolytaTomlinson chapter 29 . 4/12
I really love your novel so much and had so many emotions together that I don't even feel tired of having to translate the chapters. It is a delight, a real delight, you are incredible, you transmit so many coi to me
PaolytaTomlinson chapter 15 . 4/7
I really like your story, it is incredible and I was reading it on Wattpad because someone translated it there but I stopped doing it and I came here to go what interested me a lot and I had to
PaolytaTomlinson chapter 15 . 4/7
for the first time Naruto I want you to disappear
Perchta chapter 50 . 2/14
So this is gonna be for sure the longest review I’ve ever written!
I really need to focus on a few aspects of this amazing fanfiction, ‘cause otherwise I’d have to write a whole novel about it.

So first of all: This story made me fell in love with the pairing Shikamaru x Neji! And this is because of your success in remaining absolutely true to character in combination with a mind blowing plot that fits so perfectly in the universe of Naruto that I’m really sad it’s not part of the original Manga. It’s just amazing in which quiet yet intensive way you’ve developed the relation between Neji and Shikamaru. At the beginning of the story, when Shikamaru forcefully kissed Neji I’ve thought: ‘Oh, that’s going on pretty fast’, but as I’ve read further and realized you didn’t push them in a rushed relationship but let the two of them approach each other in an amazingly good described way I was absolutely stunned! I love it how you let the reader know about all the insecurities and confusion about their upcoming feelings they simply don’t understand (and probably don’t want to understand). And although they’re denying these feelings to themselves, you’ve found such loveable ways to show the reader what they’re feeling for each other. I’ve especially loved the scenes in which Shikamaru got angry and threatening because he wanted to protect Neji (as in the scene with the Tsubasa ninja, chapter 23 if I’m right).

As I’m already there to say some things about your writing style, I’m going on with this before I continue to babble about how much I love your ShikaNeji pairing.
So your writing style is AMAZING! Let me tell you why on three examples:
First of all at your fighting scenes. I know, how difficult it is to describe fights, but you absolutely nailed it! The scenes weren’t too overloaded with descriptions of movements or trajectory of weapons or something like that, so that your brain doesn’t know how to process the mass of information. On the other hand you described enough of such things to paint a very well understandable picture of the fight that’s going on, so that the reader won’t come in a situation where he doesn’t know what’s really happening in the storyline. Really amazing work!
Second one is your description of your protagonists. You’ve placed very small details on the perfect places within your story to evolve a character deepness that’s simply mind blowing. No much more words needed here I think!
Third one are your yaoi scenes. They’re so so hot! Such as the fighting scenes they’re neither too much nor too less. Your writing style succeeded in creating an amazing chemistry between the two characters that never seemed forced or out of place.

So I need to hold back myself because I could write so much more. But I will only say one last thing and that’s the most important one (for me). I’m a person that has read more books and ffs in her life than I can imagine now and it’s nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get me at the edge of tears! But your final chapter almost made me cry like a fucking little baby! Throughout the whole story you succeeded in eliciting so much feelings in me that it’s nearly impossible to describe with words. You made me laugh, angry, sad, happy, and so on. That is probably the biggest compliment I have to give!
I really fell in love with your ShikaNeji and your whole story BtB and as I’ve read the sentence “That’s how Neji knew this one was the last” I felt my eyes burning of unshed tears, my heart ache and my throat tightening as if I got choked.

Thank you Okami Rayne for this experience and fuck you for making me addicted to BtB! ;)
Standing ovations for this gem and hell of a fanfiction, thank you so so much!

All the best wishes,
Perchta!
MyDarlingChangmin chapter 1 . 2/6
Im back to re-read this for the 2nd time and it still brings laughter and tears to me. This feels too real sometimes I mistaken it as canon coz it fits the canon story like a piece of a puzzle. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece Okami-san. Btw.. anyone wants to join me in the fb group I made? I need some spazzmates about this. Here's the link: groups/465763304607592/?refshare
LittleBr0Peep chapter 50 . 11/17/2020
After reading this entire story in a matter of days... I’m just awestruck. I don’t know what to move onto from here. I feel like nothing will compare. Your way with words phenomenal. This is so beautifully done.
UselessGenius chapter 50 . 8/17/2020
... OhDamn ...OHELLYES . XD
UselessGenius chapter 24 . 8/12/2020
:3 Oooohhh~
tomuika chapter 50 . 5/3/2020
i read this fic for 1 whole day and i never regretted it! i saw this fic being talked about on twitter since i’m just a new shikaneji shipper and i really liked the way you wrote neji and shikamaru. i felt heartbreak, happiness and love. thank you for writing this!
DeadlyMouse45 chapter 35 . 4/28/2020
Ahhhhh now he's gonna be all upset because he hurt shika
2,064 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »