Reviews for Break To Breathe
Guest chapter 49 . 8/29/2013
''Shikamaru sighed quietly, closing his eyes against the salty burn steadily building there, the sadness pushing through the frustration. He only knew one way to deal with something he couldn't figure out and didn't want to. He'd find a way to keep it in the shadows; where he kept everything he could never and would never bring to light.''

Under these scars is gonna be a resolution of those things he keeps in the shadows yeah? So I have to believe I know it will be a resolution of their relationship too... plesae, I pray it will be a happy one, I mean... they have to fight for it... I'm gonna cry myself to sleep for weeks if it's gonna be flat out they're done with each other... please don't kill my heart!
Shannon Lee chapter 50 . 8/8/2013
I cried. A lot. Beautiful! :3
Guest chapter 45 . 8/6/2013
Although this isn't much of a review, I think it's important that I tell you that this chapter made me cry. Awesome!
SilveredFoxeh chapter 50 . 7/29/2013
Holy...

Well my head hurts physically (ironic and made this an even more interesting read) from quite honestly not sleeping since I found and started this, my eyes are a bit bleary, my neck is a bit kinked, and I truly never expected to get this invested in a Shikamaru/Neji fic

Your writing style is wonderful, I will hope and wait and pray for something to follow up. I like this open ended ness but I admit I just want happy fluffy warmth for those two (and everyone who's not in the know) and the acceptance of those who helped them through.

Thank you for taking your time to write this! I've been thinking of attempting writing again but I lack the confidence and coherence so I've just been reading. A few stories like yours and a few others have inspired me to give it a try again sometime, so I thank you in turn.

Favoriting... following, and hoping for a follow up! Despite enjoying the ending you did give uplifting in it's own way. After such a journey it's well understandable to desire a bit more fluff, and some even more intense and finally pain free bonding for those two.
DarkAngelsBlood1 chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
Dear god, I'm in tears. I think I busted open my gut laughing at drunk Shikamaru and Neji.
Dragonfly chapter 50 . 7/15/2013
This story seems to rip my heart open and piece it back together all at once.

I'm in tears right now, so I'm sorry if this review is emotional. :)
When I first saw the summary of this story, I had no other thought other than "this could be interesting." I never expected to fall in love with the story so much that the ending caused me to not only cry, but to feel that sort of butterfly feeling flitting around with my stomach. This is easily the single best fanfiction I have ever read. Your way of making us so attached to the characters and the interactions leaves me heartbroken and amazed at the same time. And the ending...

It's not necessarily happy, but sad and raw and hopeful. A different ending would not have given me the same impact. This ending leaves me breathless. I have never felt this happy and heartbroken after reading a story-whether it be by a published author or another fanfiction author. I don't know if you still read these reviews, but if you do...just know that I appreciate this story so, so much. The individual scenes seem so effortless, especially in this chapter with the bird chasing Shikamaru and drawing out his laughter. And this may not be the happiest or most satisfying end to these two...but it's the ending that takes my breath away. And the last line was brilliant. This entire story was brilliant. These two make the most unlikely couple, and yet they make the most amazing one in my eyes. I can't quite express what I feel for this story into words, because I've never read something quite like this. You are incredibly talented...and I hope that you continue this. Maybe they'll have a different ending in store. I don't know. But whatever you do with this story, it will always hold a place in my heart from now on.

I apologize for the rambling. :D

Thank you for writing this story. Ja!
itanejiluver chapter 24 . 6/28/2013
I have to say...I've read this fic at least five times over, and the scene with the shadows and Neji is still one of my most favorite parts of this entire series.
VioletWylde chapter 50 . 5/27/2013
This has been such an amazing read. I have been putting off writing this review because I wanted to find the right words to describe how this fic affected me. I have failed miserably, so I am just going to wing it. (no pun intended).

There are so many, many things about this fic I love that I don't know where to start. So here goes my stream of consciousness review...

Every word you write is like a brush stroke to blank canvas. You create so much depth and detail and none of it is wasted. Everything you write, every word you use has a place and a purpose. It is difficult to find a story that keeps you enthralled through even the smallest detail. But I know that every scene you write is significant and I don't want to miss a thing.

You have a knack for manipulating the story in a way I haven't experienced with another author on this site. It took me until almost the end of this fic to realize what it was that kept me so enthralled. It's the way you jump from one characters story to the next, moving the plot forward while expanding on the side-stories and subtext. I was describing this to a friend as "a really good soap opera", but in retrospect, I don't think that gives you enough credit. :P

Your characters are so incredibly deep - troubled, complex and beautiful. They are multi-dimensional. It makes their interaction that much more interesting. It isn't just a conversation or an argument or a round of rough sex... it's something meaningful. They connect on a human level.

The pacing was fantastic. This was my first epiphany regarding what made this story so fantastic. The fast-paced action, drawn out introspection and magnetic dance of the characters kept me enthralled. The sudden, snap changes from one scene to the next and the kind of abrupt emotional switch that often accompanied the scene changes kept me keyed up. Agitated in a good way. Like the, I can't concentrate at work because I wonder what is going to happen next, kind of tension. It was excellent. I am just so thankful I found this story after it was completed, I'd have probably died if I had to wait for an update.

Given all of this, I am going to do something I have never done before. I am going to favorite this fic. I am a dedicated NaruSasu shipper and while I have read outside that pairing from time to time, I have never strayed so far as to favorite anything else. It may not mean much to you, but to me it's a big deal. That seems a little ridiculous as I write it, but I stand by the statement.

So, with that I will go on to On the Cusp.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this story. You have inspired me. I feel like I have seen my potential in your writing and I am excited to challenge myself.
Beth Anders chapter 10 . 5/25/2013
MY PAIN KNOWS NO LIMIT. I so badly want to know what's happening to Neji, and I'm so worried! You right fantastically to evoke these types of feeling from me and its so frustrating! I can't imagine he would be suicidal (he can't be, right?!) and hope he isn't dying... I'm just so confused in the suspense! Great job:)
nili-roshan chapter 32 . 5/12/2013
I forgot to say... I've been downloading this to read on my way to and from work and on my breaks... I can't stop reading! I get sooo pissed when someone tries to talk to me, haha! I don't think I forgot to say this, but I'll say it again: I LOVE this fic! There is a perfect amount of angst and humor! You are such a great writer!
nili-roshan chapter 13 . 5/10/2013
Holy shit.
I am so sorry I haven't reviewed yet!
THIS FIC IS AWESOME!
Why have I not read it until now? Haha, I was really hesitant to begin it because it's so long, and I usually stick to short fics, but, my god, this feels like it's going so FAST! I absolutely love it!
You are a fantastic writer! I honestly can't think of one thing to critique. I love the pace you've set, the way you describe things, the character- everything! And that's saying a lot, trust me! I can usually pick out at least ONE thing to critique, but I can't think of anything!
I will endeavor to leave more reviews (sadly I'm just as lazy as Shikamaru about reviewing)!
ChaoticPulse chapter 50 . 5/3/2013
I just wanted to say...wow.
I completely agree with everything my dear friend Pipe-stream said. This is... everything.
You have such a beautiful way with words. You manage to develop and give depth to each and every character, something even the series itself fails to do. The whole storyline...Hanegakure, the mission, everything was written out so well.
And when I realized the whole meaning of the title, I just wanted to burst into tears (I would've, but I was in the middle of class...the rest is self-explanatory).
So I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing ride, and that I'm going to go off and read On The Cusp right about now.
Pipe-stream chapter 50 . 4/18/2013
So I might be a little late to the party, but this fic is absolutely FANTASTIC. How can I not leave a review?
You get into the core of the characters and write them as incredibly complex people, something not many fanfic writers are able to do. Even your original characters and the imagined village of Hanegakure were woven seamlessly into the story. Every chapter has you hooked and is well-paced and interesting... Connect them altogether and you get one heck of a story.
I admire and respect the dedication and effort you put into writing this. It's obvious in the lengths of the chapters, the complexity of the story... the romance and the action and just everything else in between come together so naturally.

This is definitely one if the best fanfics I've ever read. You're a talented, wonderful author and I wish you all the best with your original story :)
mysticaldragon11 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I read this on Aff and as I left in my message my heart is so broken for these two. I see that this was a while ago that you wrote this but is there any chance you will continue this? I absolutely want to see them get together in this. I have never cried so hard in my life. So sad.
DarklingAndy chapter 50 . 2/23/2013
NEVER HAVE I READ A MORE BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN, MORE ENGROSSING, OR MORE EMOTIONALLY TRAUMATIZING FANFICTION OR PIECE OF LITERATURE
2,064 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »