Reviews for Break To Breathe
hannah chapter 37 . 1/28/2013
This was AWESOME!
BowShikaMaomao chapter 35 . 1/11/2013
Shit. Every time something gets revealed about a plot or neji's phsyche, I have to pause just to let it sink in. This is usually followed by a scowl thinking how troublesome Shikamaru's situation is followed by the thought of 'better him than me'. I actually read the sequel to this first. ( it hind sight, doing so added a whole new level of suspense to this fic) Love how you write Kiba and Shikamaru's little deadpan snarks. I'd write more but I wanna see what happens next
Eleanor Rigby 000 chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
this i g
Mr. Shy Rockstar chapter 50 . 12/24/2012
Oh wow. I am officially lost at words. I found this story thanks to a friend of mine who told me about it a week ago -at most. The second I started reading it I just couldn't stop. I felt ever emotion that was purposely expressed and even the undercurrents of ones only glimpsed at between the lines. I read, and read. Dream when I was away, always wondering what would be around the corner. Always wondering if Shikamaru would make it but somehow knowing he wouldn't. The foreshadowing of the hate he would receive was just imminent-inevitable. Then the twist, how Neji came to understand Shikamaru's reasons, that it hadn't been a game or lies.

However, this ending does sadden me. I wish they could have a better HEA yet at the same time, in the end, Shikamaru accomplished what he had set out to do-save Neji. He just sadly didn't come out unscathed, yet it didn't mean he wasn't now a better man for it either. Even if due to a bargain he would be taking initiative in his life now that would be 'good' for him. And he would learn how to move on past the pain, or rather live with it.

I loved it. Every minute of it.

Thank you so much for writing this lovely piece.

xoxo
Panda
MythBlue chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Oooooooh O.O I wasn't expecting *that* to happen in the first chapter. I'm pleasantly surprised.
random chapter 38 . 11/30/2012
This story is a masterpiece.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 50 . 11/22/2012
*tears up* Heck of an emotional rollercoaster. (Wish I had a more poetic, mood-appropriate way to say that.) Nice use of symbolism and metaphor throughout the story.

*applauds*
BiblioMatsuri chapter 48 . 11/22/2012
Crimson. Kurenai. Oh, Ino.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 41 . 11/22/2012
Okay. I did not predict the crazy woman's return.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 40 . 11/22/2012
Oh. Dear. What.

I could just feel everything rocketing towards an inevitable conclusion. Fate is cruel.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 33 . 11/22/2012
Left arm... doesn't that mean heart trouble? (In other words, d*mn it, Neji!)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 32 . 11/22/2012
Nitpick: In the phrase "Or a ploy to wheedle our number down," it's whittle (shave) not wheedle (convince).
BiblioMatsuri chapter 31 . 11/22/2012
*blushes like crazy*

Nitpick: It's spelled braille, not brail.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 28 . 11/21/2012
Naruto: best distraction ever. I needed that bit of levity after all the revelations in the last few chapters. Brilliant use of pathos, by the way.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 12 . 11/21/2012