Reviews for Break To Breathe
BiblioMatsuri chapter 11 . 11/21/2012
Mind games... it feels like equal parts pigtail-pulling and conflict.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 3 . 11/20/2012
Re: The bucket traps: It's so like Shikamaru to do that to preempt getting soaked (and leaving the bucket in plain view to make sure Neji would use it). It's a little strange for him to go to so much effort just to bother Neji, though... which is half the point of this story.
cellaria chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
.god this story was fucking amazing! i seriously love you! haha i started this around midnight not realizing how long it was on AFF but i have no idea how to review or fav there so i had to find it here. i only just finished chap 37 (yes i read it through the whole night) but i can now die happy ;) haha though i hope hope hope it has a happy ending! i just couldn't wait to tell you how good it was. i love stories like this!
CameForthSweetness chapter 50 . 11/14/2012
You, my friend, have officially ruined me to the entire Naruto fandom. I am a wreck.

Never before would I have considered this pairing, and I fear that never again, after reading this, will I be able to consider reading anything else.

The sense of bitter reality, tragedy and love throughout this story havejust about ruined me to other Narutoverse stories. The Shikamaru and Neji that you wrote with here captured their characters in a light that I had never considered before. Never again shall I look at NaruSasu the same way again. They don't even compare to the raw emotions you have captured within this story.

Your writing is wonderful, and so heart shatteringly fitting at times that I was giggling one second and bawling the next. Perfection - as painful as it was, towards the end.

I am now off to scour your profile for stories that may follow up or go hand-in-hand with this one (I have no idea if you've done these yet), and I suspect that at the end of this search (whether I come up empty handed or with another weeks supply of brilliant writing), I will sneak right back to the beginning of this story and start it again.

Thank you so much for sharing this story - it's brightened up my own life a little, just reading it!
-Sweetness
Lunar chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Your first work my ass. It's way too good, and still only the first chapter.
I'm so calling BS on that. XD
RespiteandReverie chapter 26 . 10/24/2012
At first I was just curious about the pairing, but now you've got me addicted. Ugh, I can't tell you how much I love you for this story right now. I love how their relationship develops. It's as though they're moving forward, but inching in some areas and taking strides in others and before you know it, they've become unconditionally accustomed to having the other there. Their banter and their humorous sides and just everything is amazing and perfect between them. :)
SayCheeseXD chapter 50 . 10/21/2012
You made me love the Shika/Neji pairing.I think this is the best fanfic I've ever read. It was such a great read from start to finish
I think I might re-read it :D
Tainara Black chapter 14 . 10/13/2012
I LOVE this chapter. Needed to review this one.
oh Rayne, you minxy little temptress!

sometimes I wish to be male in next life, it must be very interesting to have a dick. LOL my my, wonder how many nice things one can do with this limb hanging around :0

-.- sorry about that, I'm already sleep deprived.
loads of love, my lady! :3
xx Tai
MysteriousEyez chapter 50 . 9/30/2012
OMG! This was one HELL of a read and my first Shika/Neji fanfic. Took me months to finish this but I'm glad I did.
WatchingAsYouFall chapter 12 . 9/28/2012
"Didn't think I needed to worry about being attacked in my own homeā€¦": My stomach does little flips every time I read this line now ;_;
TheBeingOfEverything chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Wow, this fic took me through the emotional ringer :) I was pretty shocked at the number of reviews, especially when I saw that it beat so many NejiTenten fics. I also hadn't really considered the NejiShika pairing before and now you've left me looking for more. Thank you for the awesome fic :D
hellyeah404 chapter 11 . 8/2/2012
10 chapters in and DAMN WOMAN.
This is probably the most well-written fanfic I've ever read
yuu chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I'm not sure if I ever review this fic b4, but i just had to say it- u r genius! I enjoyed reading it soso much, i nearly cried when they parted ways in the end of this fic... luckily for me, there is the next one i can read n savour... Yay!
Ginger Guardian Angel chapter 50 . 6/26/2012
Holy shit. I literarily haven't slept for around 3 days just trying to finish all of this in one go. I cried and I laughed, to the point that I think my sister thinks I'm losing it.(Seriously, I kind of feel like Shikamaru did through most of this story with the sleep deprivation). I do have to say that I enjoyed the slow switch in dymanic between Neji emotional turmoil and Shikamaru's calculated control, especially since in the end both of them ended in different places than they began both mentally and emotionally, but not to the extreme the other had been before. So in other words, I really loved the character growth. And the ending made me want to simultaneously kill myself and hug my laptop.

Side note? Loved the foreshadowing about Hinata's growth, and every single Naruto and Kiba moment was golden.

Can you tell I haven't slept? Ginger
miriamchan chapter 42 . 6/9/2012
OK, I'm sure this will just get lost in all the reviews, especially of a story you finished some time ago, but here I am, in the middle of chapter 42, and I just have to stop & tell you what an accomplishment this story is. I came into it somewhat randomly, a google search for best Naruto fanfiction, and a couple people mentioned this on some blog. I was just caught up. It's not just the story of Neji & Shikamaru (a pairing I'd never really given any thought to, previously). The plotting is great. The action scenes seem real. I love the characters that are included - like Naruto & Kiba for comic relief. Choji and his kind quiet strength (except when he's fighting, of course). I mean, the twist in the plot. I guess I just didn't expect to find such a real, complete story in a fanfiction. Something that isn't just a love story, or an excuse for slash, but a fleshed out tale. Even the OCs seem real and like they'd belong in Konoha. The jutsus make sense & well, I love the birds. And our Tsubasa boy macking on Sakura. Well, let's see how late I can read. I've spent a lot more hours than I should have on the computer the past few days. I despair that I won't finish tonight. I've got kids, I don't get to sleep in lol. Hey, if you do publish that novel, pass me a note about it - I'd love to read it! Good Luck and thanks for the story.
2,064 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »