Reviews for Makeup and Purple Suits
Haley chapter 1 . 10/15
Oh my god. I'm not very good at reviewing, but I love this fic. It kinda plays on that old theory that the Joker creates himself each day, but it also takes it to a whole other level of fucked up. That being said, this is awesome.
LupineSerpent chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This is rather... chilling I guess. It shows how he progresses further until he can no longer be considered a person, only a shell of a real person, covered by walls. I love it.
kind of brief chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
i like the underlining sarcastic, sardonic tone. your characterization is awesome and how you symbolize different parts of the joker's personality with some aspect of his'facade' is commendable. the subtlety, the brilliant portrayal of joker's inglorious inhumanity and 'individuality' and plain weirdassness , the whole shebang... is amazing. what i liked the most, however, was how you sent across the idea that with every little wall the joker put up, with every persona he mastered, he found himself falling into a deeper pit of doubts, weakness, vulnerability, etc. and unintentionally - but irrevocably - screwed himself over. over again and again until he's turned into this unfeeling monster and what's the point in giving anything a second thought anyway. lol, this fic has turned me into an incoherent mess.

and oh, the ending owned. ;)
elfwand chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
That was amazing! I really like how you showed the Jokers feelings about everything and his transformation from o man to the Joker.
Szahara again chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Well, that DID put a smile on my face. :D So he wears all that stuff because he lacks a personality in reality... that's an interesting theory there. I kind of like it, you definitely make it work nicely.

Actually, I found this story on in the FanFic Recommendation... and I didn't regret clicking. Thanks.
Twitchylicious chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Love, love, LOVE the end. "Why, hello. Let's put a smile on that face." gave me chills.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This story is AMAZING. Style, repetition, voice, and characterization were all perfect-I love the fact that you showed the Joker forming even before his scars, and that you manage to show a very clear picture of who J was without background details. The fact that he was doubting himself and trying to be different (noticed?) originally makes a lot of sense, and was a great decision by you. :-) Awesome job!
campblood chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Wow! I enjoyed that immensely! It's extremely well-written, and quite unique in my opinion. It's so rare to see a story where it explains how his attire came about. I hope to see more from you, most definitely!