Reviews for Cliffjumper's Moving Castle
Consuelo Higdon chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Only one problem though. There is a distinct lack of Turnip Head in this story. I know he wasn't the main plot point to begin with, but he only shows up at the beginning and at the end, and at the end he just does a random act of chivalry that makes very little sense without all those scenes including him, especially the castle scene where Turnip Head helps the Witch of the Waste get onto the Castle. It would've made more sense if Turnip Head had a lot more reason to help the whole group, not just Rosanna at that moment.

Also, the lack of the climbing the stairs scene felt like a big gaping whole inside of me. It's a very simple scene, but it was one of the scenes that just gave it a small instance of... I dunno, magic? It's not a magical scene at all, though, it's just a simple scene with two old ladies trying to go up the stairs. The fact that Rosanna just leaves Strika at the stairs in this story to go ahead gives a sense of heartlessness and gives a bit of a reason to dislike her.

That's bad.

However, other than those scenes, I really enjoyed reading this story. It was a very well-written story, I will give you that. Unfortunately I think you let the pressure of the pace you were going at affect your writing style near the end. You cut out small details that made the original story interesting, and just left them gone instead of adding a new scene or two to fill the gap. I'm afraid I can't favorite this story, even if it is my favorite movie. There just wasn't enough of the original magic, and too little of your own epic and imaginative flare, that this is just not as satisfying as our Spirited Away Parody, or your Aftermath Series or Grave of the Fireflies Parody.

I'm sorry for being harsh, but I must speak my mind and state that I loved the beginning, with so many interesting new concepts of yours to fill the gaps and the mention of the Waste being an actual wasteland and the allusions to Wreck-Gar, plus the changing of the Bakery to the Library and removal of the mother in an interesting way instead of just cutting her out for no reason. Also, the cameos of Sentinel, Sari, Bulkhead, and Wasp were what kept me interested and made me want to go on.

I'm afraid that as I went on, the initial enthusiasm began to die away as the cameos stopped and the cut-outs were just cut-out and not explained in the way of the mother. I'm very sorry :(

You tried your best though, and I understand that you were very tressed with this story. But I know you can do better. You know what you did well, and I know what you did well. All you need to do now is do your best to keep the initial magic and inventory you originally had at the start. And if you just can't keep it, then you can always just stop there. You don't need to give us every single last detail, or even every scene. I noticed when I got to the third part of the story, the story could have easily started there. It could also have easily ended when Rosanna began to fly towards the castle, with insightful thoughts on her part on how she knew in her spark that everything would be fine, even though she knew that she'd have to go through trials.

Do your best to write similarly to that, and I promise you, you won't have to bear through an unhappy review from me ever again.

Thank you for reading this long-winded and very criticizing review, Congratulations for bearing through it, and please forgive me.
Glass Lady chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This is amazing. I love how you captured the original story, but made it work with the new characters without making them OOC! A great feat with this kind of story. Way to many people just change the names of characters, and I HATE it.

Fantastic job in every way possible..
allihavetodoisfall chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
My favourite crossover yet. I love the movie (but not as much as the book) this fic is the perfectly brilliant interpetation of it, if you'd call it that.

Cliffjumper is one of my favourite animated characters, it was nice to see another story about him

instant fave!
Fastern chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
FIRST I’ll get the fangirling over with.

OMIGOD IT WAS SO AWESOME FUN AMAZING CLIFFJUMPER X ROSANNA FOREVER I WANT TO READ IT A MILLION TIMES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND HOT SHOT IS AWESOME AND BUMBLEBEE IS AWESOME AND RED ALERT IS AWESOME AND IT’S JUST SO AWESOME OMIGOD I LOVE IT!

*deep breath*

Okay, I’m good. Now for something a little saner...

I thought it was a ton of fun. I loved how you incorporated some stuff that wasn’t in the movie, like how you changed “Howl’s” mannerisms and reactions to everything. In the end, it all fit together quite well. You kept everything consistent, though I did see a few spelling/grammar errors, it wasn’t anything serious that didn’t get in the way of the plot. I can see you put a lot of effort into this story, which is very praiseworthy. I must say this is an instant favourite, and not just because CJ’s my favourite Transformers character of all time.

Awesome.

...

Prince Rodimus!

ROFL, I’m gonna be saying that for YEARS to come!