Reviews for The Wizards of Ceres
bobbyneko chapter 22 . 8/27/2015
Amazing. Awesome. I loved all of this sooooooooo much. Thank you for writing this!
bobbyneko chapter 16 . 8/27/2015
LOVE the parallels with TRC. Its so perfect!
bobbyneko chapter 5 . 8/27/2015
Hahaha not quite what the Empress meant lol
bobbyneko chapter 4 . 8/27/2015
Wow kurogane is so awesome
bobbyneko chapter 3 . 8/27/2015
Wow i like this a lot. Your writing is so real
Adriana Espan chapter 22 . 12/6/2014
OHHH this was an awesome story. Thank you for writing it!
Black Kaitou chapter 20 . 7/15/2014
I love this story I loved how you made it into more like a book and that it made me spend some time reading it. I also loved how you kept the characters believable and the passage of time flowing.
zei chapter 21 . 5/11/2014
detailed and yet very 've got the skills! This was the best kurofai story out! :D kudos!
drana0 chapter 20 . 10/19/2013
Thank you for this amazing fanfiction! I've just finished reading it and you managed to characterizise Fai and Kurogane so perfectly, their interaction is as fluent as in canon, your plot is very interesting and you are a very good storyteller with amazing grammar :) This story was exciting til the end, thank you very much :) Now I'm going to look into that sequel of yours ;)
marine maiden chapter 21 . 10/4/2012
I should say I'm amazed with this fic. True if someone is looking for mushy romance between Fai and Kuro, they came to the wrong story LOL But for plot and character-wise, you are a champion. I love how you can fit canon's condition so perfectly into your fic. Fai's yellow eye and blindness especially. So managed to wave them into the story so smoothly. You are also very good in misleading us lol I almost thought Fai cannibalize his twin brother, but then it was dream. Well, can't blame him with so much trauma accumulated.

I also should say it's the first time I actually read Ashura as Sakura's father LOL Usually it would be Fujitaka (as canon in CSS) or Clow (as canon in Tsubasa). I'm also happy you keep a lot of canon pairings in here, Yukito x Touya, Sorata x Arisu (was that her name? Can't recall correctly but I know which woman that is LOL)

Your choice of villain is great too. Seishirou is well known for the worst, I should say Fuuma is the second LOL I know once you mention the mastermind of the evil,it would immediately point to Fei Wong Reed (CLAMP only has so much collection of reusable favourite bad guys after all *dry laugh*) I belatedly realize that the bat symbol is Fei Wong's. It's been years since I finished Tsubasa after all - though reading their fic for the continuing years keep a few thing fresh on my mind :p

I'm glad you have written this marvelous story and as much as I love this series, I won't be touching the sequel until it is completed. I have too much occurrences of ongoing series turn hiatus that I'm too afraid to get attached to any. I'll be keeping the sequel in my follow list though, so I'll know if you finish it. For now, I'll be reading all the companion fic ;) Oh, I also should mention your choice of words are really rich. If you're not a native English-speaker then you should be someone in English major.

PS: Your beta is amazing. I cannot find any typo but one for the whole 20 chapters. I need to go back and find that out though since I can't recall it. There's also one occurrence of Fai shooting using his "longbow" even after the lengthy explanation that it is an impossible equipment Kurogane had brought. Again, still need to track that back since I can't recall. Grammar-wise, I myself isn't good with it so no comment.
Zuzanny chapter 22 . 7/26/2012
this was an excellent story to read. i had to finish it all in one day. beautifully written, so tragic and warm at the same time. i'm adding it to my favorite list.
Andthus chapter 22 . 10/10/2011
Just had to let it be known that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Normally I don't even read stories that aren't Rated M. But this taught me a lesson. I can't wait to see more of Fai and Kurogane's story. And them making it together. I thought that as sad as it was for them to be seperating right at the end, it was brilliant of you to come up with that :P Gonna go read the sequel. Need to see what happens next.
Zelinxia chapter 20 . 9/5/2011
I'm glad I was able to finish reading this. It was an absolute delight following their progress of growing and finding more about themselves thanks to each other (and the magical power of love, oh love, how awesome you are). I can now go start reading "The Heralds of the White God". _

But even though it's really bittersweet, I do agree it would be such a...shame, I guess, if they decide to throw off their duties and loyalties. I don't even feel really sad they have to part for now - because one, seems like you intend them to be able to be together again in the sequel; and two, well, I just feel like they will carry on and be fine waiting for the time they can reunite.

"I won't force you to do anything you don't want to do," Kurogane said quietly. "But I made this offer. And it's going to flow whether you drink or not."

"Oh, Kuro-sama," Fai said, hopeless fondness filling his voice. "Whatever am I going to do with you?"

- I like how it's going along the lines of that scene in Infinity when Kurogane initiates Fai to feed again; but the sentiments between here and the one in Infinity (not to mention, Fai said "Kurogane" again) are starkly different.
Zelinxia chapter 19 . 9/5/2011
I like how many things, especially on their own personal lives at least, are reaching resolutions.

"...That was a joke, wizard."

"Oh. Oh, right. Sorry."

- I love things like that. Seriously, it's nice to know things are adorable and there's nothing to hide between the two.

"As Kurogane rode away from the conflagration behind him, for the first time he began to wonder what the hell he'd gotten himself into."

- Ahaha, no matter what, he will always have to deal with Fai's antics. But it should be all, for the most part, good, and not bad...

I had no idea that Kurogane would actually bring up his past and tells Fai, but I'm glad he did. Gods know he needed to finally properly grieve when he couldn't all those ten years. It's a testament how he finally found someone he loves and trusts /so much/ to where he could pour his grief out onto. He comfort Fai before; so now he knows with certainty Fai would be there for him too. I admit it brought some tears to my eyes.

(I also read the last parts over at LJ, so well...I thought it was rather cute to see Kurogane be flustered, but eh, that's what happened when he's been on guard and fighting all those time.)
Zelinxia chapter 18 . 9/5/2011
As much as I was waiting for Fai to come to accept that, well hey, he's not always failing his king and father-figure and that him being used and treated as a weapon is not cool, I still felt for him as he finally looked at how he got in a danger as result of following his orders is more so on Ashura's shoulders. Wouldn't imagine it really easy, but if it's anything like in end of Celes arc in TRC, Fai becomes strong and deals with what Ashura had done for him - good and bad/painful.

I admit, the final showdown with Seishirou was much shorter than I had expected. I pretty much warranted that he would want to talk; but for Fai to fight back with words was pretty classic and hardcore. Still, to see them fight together was welcoming and it always seem natural. That and it highlights that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. They became one - blood and soul - so they're really unstoppable.