Reviews for Impulses
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Nice story
AoKanojo chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Wow. OK. This one was hit way harder by the hilarious fluff stick than Resolve, but that doesn't mean I liked it any less. Transvestite ventriloquist indeed. Hah. And super drunk Hayami. Wowza.

I laughed the whole way through this, and my cats looked at me like I was as crazy as Masumi. Great stuff. Thanks again for writing.
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Once again,I feel the need to express my love for your work.

You. Are. Awesome.

Could you make a story about masumi/maya after maya realizes her feelings for masumi and masumi gets engaged? I just KNOW you'll make an incredible story.

(You can look it up on mangafox if you haven't read that part yet)

Keep writing, please.

Ciao.

Hugs and Kisses, YF, ALIXIA

;)
Towards the sun chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
My God, this is just like reading the real chapter of Garasu no Kamen manga...!
Lady of the Hunt chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Ah...again with emotional roller-coasters...I can't wait for the finish!
DragonFire Princess chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Love the story, Hope you'll update the story, ASAP!
DreamsRMyLife chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I love the drunken Masumi and apology stuff. He was long overdue for an emotional outburst in the manga.
caeli chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Fantastic! Masumi was magistral! Maya is really naive here, but it's allrigt, since we can see a wonderful Masumi!

Good job!
Cifayn chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Uh... honestly... I prefer the cold-hearted Masumi than to this... This one makes me shiver and cringe... A bit too cheesy also. ._. Very, very... out of character.
ophelietta chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
As I said before and will say again, Mizuki and Masumi are just incredible. Their comfortable antagonism, and Mizuki’s well intentioned (and, well, sadistic) matchmaking just make my day, my week, and my month:

“Masumi gnashed his teeth, wondering what he'd done to deserve such a diabolical secretary. While that thought was followed up by, Oh, right, that, and a hundred other things, he still cried:

‘I take back what I said before! I'll not curse any of my children with your name! I'll name them all Rei!’”

‘Wasn't she the one who betrayed your trust first of all?’ Mizuki asked, hiding her regret well. Being a closet romantic, she'd quite been looking forward to being repaid for all her trouble by having one of Masumi and Maya's future children named after her.”

Drunk!Masumi is such incredible fun. I know (too well?) how the Edit Function in your brain just gets utterly shut down by alcohol, and it’s so much fun to see Mizuki and Maya react to the things that he, well, always thinks but is usually clever enough not to say out loud. The uncontrollable Masumi is just so. Damn. Funny. I haven’t read them, but I saw the notes in your profile about some reviewers complaining about the use of humour somehow making the characters come off as OOC - but for me,the way the characters act is all really consistent with the internal logic of the universe you’ve set up, and the tone you’ve been establishing this whole time: it just builds and builds.

If you compare this to the canon, it might seem misaligned, but it has its rightful place in the comedic continuum of your stories so far. I love how you’ve unearthed all the humour from the canon, and made it FUNNIER; though it will be fascinating to see how you deal with straight drama/tragedy (because there are those moments in your stories so far, and they’re just even more poignant when placed against all this light-heated craziness), I have to say that your stories made me laugh more in one night than I have for the past month. To sum up, this whole spiel is really just a thinly-veiled plea to never stop writing lines like this:

"I think you do, on some level, but that you can't acknowledge it, as it would destroy your mental health."

Or this:

“Her Aldis will probably pick up the dagger and kill Origeld."

Or, especially, this:

"My dear," Masumi crooned, drawing her as close as was physically possible, "if you could be mass-produced and sold to the leaders of this world, there'd no longer be any wars!"

Or, in the name of all things holy and sacred in this world, THIS:

"My god, shorty, but did I make you reach nirvana?"

Somehow, the succession of drivers in your stories are all magnificent:

"'I can't believe this,' Kokubu intoned, watching her boss twirl an indifferent, tiny actress around. 'The rumours are true. How is it possible? I've never even seen him spend five minutes without a folder in his hands; how is this possible?'"

This too was just beautiful, cementing all my Mizuki and Masumi love:

"'I love you,' he repeated, his tone leaving no room for argument. 'Your competence, your biting sarcasm, your bleeding heart and your piercing intellect; I couldn't do without any of them. You're like an outstandingly pushy elder sister, who brings me coffee.'"

Masumi’s entire empassioned rant on Tsukikage fills me with unholy glee, because I’ve often had that moment in the manga, just laughing hysterically and gasping, “This woman is INSANE.” (As is Maya, for following her completely.) Masumi’s thoughts on the matter were just such an elegant exposition of Tsukikage’s dubious tactics, and (hypocritically) his own very strange methods. This part especially makes me quiver, possibly because I had an old teacher say something similar to me, once:

“Your life should be as pleasurable as possible, my dear, but because those around you keep holding onto warped notions of how to help you, it's not. You're a star; we should all take a step back, enjoy the splendour, and let you do your thing. You have a much better idea of how to live than either Tsukikage or I do, anyway."

I have to say, I love Ayumi. She is a fierce and wonderful bitch, and Masumi’s jealousy over her feelings for Maya – wherever they are – seem perfectly in keeping with her father’s comment that she “cares more about Maya than any of the guys she dates” for research. And in spite of – or because of? – my ferocious love for Ayumi, I laughed my guts off at this:

"Oh," Masumi said, rubbing his cheek, "you're staying in Ayumi's room, right? I want to see it. I've always wondered if she's a closet transvestite, or if she collects puppets."

The entire apology scene makes me wibble. Straight up. Maya is so… she’s wired so strangely, and so stubbornly, that it’s incredible to see these light bulb moments of realisation for her – that she’s misread him the whole time – even if it takes Masumi pretty much blubbering at her feet and confessing his love for her umpteen times for it to happen. And that ending – is just one of those moments that I mentioned before, that just takes your breath away, like you’ve been punched in the gut – appallingly, tragically funny, but not funny at all. I don’t think I’ve ever had quite that same feeling coming off from a story, and that’s really wonderful, for me, to feel something new. Now, onto the next fic!
negar chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Dear obscureineurope

I really really enjoy your stories and I enjoy your characterization of Masumi and Maya. I check this site every week, in hope of finding a new story by you and you are good to post often; although I would be more happy if there were more:D

I signed up at so that I tell you this!It wouldn't be fair to enjoy your stories and be a lurker!

Thanks again ;)
Sailor Panda chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
I'm so glad you added on another segment to this. I think you've done a terrific job of showing the evolving relationship between Masumi and Maya and capture the humor and angst perfectly - just like in the manga. You're just all kinds of awesomeness. D
Justonereason chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I LOVE IT...a lot...

it make me laugh on some point and the way masumi act, at first i thought it OOC but then after i recall again, maybe this is exactly how masumi act when he is drunk (even thought he wasn't that drunk). I Love the way they 'communicate'maya and masumi is so cute when they argue.

i'm going to put it on my favorite...

write another one!
kyouya-haruhi-forever chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This is really good! I beg you to come with the next installment pretty soon. I am in need of healthy dose of Maya & Masumi. Pretty please?
yukiko07 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
**sighs blissfully** I can't express how much I loved this story, and I laughted so much! I'm a complete fan of your Glass Mask fanfics. I waited very impatiently for this one and it was completely worth it (not that it could have been any other way :D ). Your drunk Masumi was priceless

Don't worry about their characterizations, I think they are perfect and make complete sense in the context of your story. I just love how playful they are, and how you have portrayed their relationship, how Maya is warming up to Masumi and the slow way in she's realizing her growing attraction for him. And your Masumi, I love how he can make me laugh and break my heart at the same time ;A;

I think your fanfics are the best glass mask fanfics I've ever had the pleasure to read, and I'll keep waiting expectantly to read them. I can't wait! :D