Reviews for Running Up That Hill
Stephanie M. A chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
This was so cool. Fantastic idea for a fic. I loved it! Cyborg Penny? so badass.
s. du jour chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
oh my goodness you made a tiny tear appear in one eye how dare you. this was amazing.
daydreambuff chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I really love this :) It's like the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Penny would make an awesome cyborg. And the dialogue at the end was great. If the plot bunnies strike you I would read a multi-chapter version of this.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
"Not machines, this time, but people, who are so much easier to break. Contingency Plan Junior Rodeo."

HA! That is badass!
Nival Vixen chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
That was really interesting! I had to re-read it once I got to the end.

It was dark but it still had an emotion to it that made it more grey than black!dark.

Excellent work! Any chance of a sequel? :)
Darkgirl5 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
So I just have to ask you-How much of this story was influenced by Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 5 episode "I Was Made to Love You"? If it wasn't then it just sort of called it to my mind. Of course, this was far less offensive than a guy building himself a girlbot.

Of course, it called to mind "Surrogates" too. Interesting.

Anyway, forget that. You weren't joking when you said AU. But I liked the story. I especially liked the "Yay Me" (still reminding me of Buffy there and I'm feeling obligated to bust out my DVDs and watch me some BTVS right now) and the "you owe me a new set of heels."

The blending of the accident scene and the robot fight was very visual. I could see it like a montage (only without the cheesy 80's music that always seems to accompany any movie montage. You know-like Eye of the Tiger.)

I love your writing style! I'm looking forward to an evening of reading tonight so, be on the look out for your new fan to pop up now and then.

Thanks for sharing.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Aww... -urge to hug-
Dwellin chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
oh my...
Molleyn chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Eerie! And good.
estar23 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Wow. I always enjoy BBT/AU but this one had me guessing until the end. What a different twist to take! I could see this expanding in an epic way, for sure.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Strange, but very cool, in a futuristic kinda way. I have to put on Jonathan Coulton's The Future Soon now...
katdemon1895 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
i think that the words "bittersweet and strange" apply best to this, it's a bit darker than i usually prefer but i enjoyed it and yay for contigency plan junior rodeo
salazarslytherined chapter 1 . 1/12/2010

so i totally did not expect Penny to be the robot(sorry cyborg)

i loved this even if it was really different.

i cannot wait to see it continued
House Calls chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I have to be honest - that was odd! But I liked it, as IMO, it was odd in a good way. Yes, it was darker, but it was so very well done and put together and had just the right amount of twists 'n' turns. Nicely done!
The Black Doll chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Well that was - unexpected. And how very real was Penny's closing epiphany.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2