Reviews for I Watched a Change in You
Shirayuki Hime999 chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
i'm not a songfic fan but I love this. It was incredibly sensual and morbid, and dark..really dark. Usually your Itachi is more in control while here it's the opposite, which is really interesting. SAsuke is in control and things are creepy. I think you wrote this story quite a long time ago, like all your Itasasu ones, i don't know if it was before Itachi's truth was told, but judging from the other stories it seems not, so Sasuke's sadism is very in character.
Emiitan chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I remember first reading this story a good while ago - I want to say almost a year ago now. It wasn't on FFnet; if I remember correctly, it was actually on deviantArt. I don't remember what it was that I typed in the search box then, or how many pages I browsed through before I found it. I hadn't been looking for stories, songfiction, fanfiction, or anything Naruto or anime related, in fact.

The first time I read it, it stayed on my mind for a week, and my iPod was on permanent repeat for this amazing song. You wrote beautifully, and honestly, to quote a famous poem, it's good enough to make me want to "weep, scream, disappear, bleed, eat my television set and get offensively drunk on someone else's money." And I mean that in the best way possible - this story had that much of a profound effect on me.

And I couldn't find it again for the longest time on dA, and it killed me.

Today, I had an epiphany; why not look it up on FFnet?

I knew it didn't have the title Change (In The House Of Flies) lime the song, but I recalled vaguely that the reason I had clicked on it the first time was that I recognized the lyrics as the title. I simply typed in the word "change, then modified my search to English language, rated M, and featuring Itachi and Sasuke as characters.

I'm so, so glad I could find it again.

I will review as I reread, so you can know exactly my thoughts.

1. This scene. This /scene./ How you described it, this little body of water. I kid you not when I say that I have had dreams with this particular place as the setting. Your milieu is so lovingly, intricately, and meticulously described. There is a bit of a

2. Also tying in with this setting is how you ushered Itachi in. You let the audience know right away that he is being lead into "the clutches of his doom," but he's going in anyway. We know now that he's not going to survive it, and don't even hope for it to happen. That was beautiful, the acceptance of his fate and how you're not beating around the bush.

3. Identically beautiful is Sasuke. He is the quintessential predator, the proverbial eyes that glow in the dark, and he doesn't care that Itachi knows. Your way of describing these two brothers is almost...erotic, I think the word could be. Sensual. Their dark attraction is like the center of gravitational pull to the audience - ever read Anne Rice? If you have, it's like that.

4. On a lesser note, but still worth mentioning, the symbolism behind Sasuke's appearance, Itachi's name meaning weasel, the genjutsu crows, and Sasuke's and Orochimaru's snakes - that was all quite brilliant.

5. Ah, and then the first lyric - "I watched you change." And suddenly,

the song that I adored but could make no sense of starts to align, an intimation as to where this story is leading us.

6. Now and all throughout this piece, their desire is described perfectly. There was so much complication in this need that was presented almost simply. It's nearly eerie, how you write this relationship, and I will not hesitate to say that I have never read anything like it. If this were rape, it would have lost much of its meaning; on the other hand, if it were affectionate or even angsty love-making, it would have lost even more. You treaded the fine line here and for the rest of the story, and I am happy to report that you didn't slip once.

They touched because they wanted to touch; they wanted to feel and be felt. Yet wasn't it more than that? "...he felt pleased knowing his little brother was honest enough to hurt him and pleasure him all at once." That was a fascinating, accurate statement.

7. More of the song. "It's like you never had wings. Now you feel so alive. I watched you change." With everything else going on, the connotation of this song begins to make sense.

8. Then a lot of awesome mindfuckery happens. I have so many thoughts on these next few parts that I don't know how to describe it. I hope you're aware of how powerful and meaningful their actions are here. They are the epitome of contradiction. It's breath-taking.

9. "I look at the cross. I look away. Give you the gun. Blow me away."

...

My fucking God. This story...

...

I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm just so glad that I could find it again, and so relieved that I can now get my feelings about it out in the open.

Thank you so, so much for writing this and letting us read it.
Akie-chan chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
I LOVED IT! ItaSasu is one of my favourite pairings, their love is so forbidden and soo hot!

Since Itachi died, there aren't many ItaSasu fics out there anymore.. You're a great writer, and I really hope you continue to write ItaSasu fanfic as amazing as your others! Dollface sounded cool, so I hope you write more!
NiaNomster chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This was so beautiful and greatly descriptive. I cried at the end because I could just picture it. it all felt so real. most fan fictions need pictures to really grasp whats going on. But not this one, its diction is perfect and sent images racing through my head. and the way you didn't use "itachi" or "sasuke" names over and over, but the uchiha heir. and the uchiha traitor, or the young male, or the older sibling. Very well thought out. 10/10 amazing, deep, touching, and beautiful fan fiction. thank you SO much *banishedone.
Shadow Hidden By The Moon chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
i love the song you chose. it's my favorite song ever.
WolfsLullaby chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
wow... this story was amazing... such detail... such creativity...

i loved it, i loved it so much. it brought a tear to my eye; i cant get it out of my head.
alyuchiha913 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
WOW. That was simply amazing! Soo dark yet beautiful. I loved it! Great work!

Peace Out! _
blisblop chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Finally.A Sasuke worthy of the (apparently) old school Itachi. Gorgeous , a truly sickening thrill, a whole new level opens up with this one for me especially the early descriptions of .
lachaveira chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I've read this for the third time already, and just so you know, your writing style never ceases to amaze me.
Mer-des-Miroirs chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
I am reading the story for the second day now - and I am not done yet. The day before yesterday they were but dialogued "..." phrases. A little poem. Full of melancholic sadness yet at the same time of warmth and light and I decided to question the "angst/tragedy" classification. I became aware that if darkness, it was a hopeful one.

This day I was working myself up-wards. From reading the last three paragraphs. To reading the last 7. And then again some more lines... Rereading, re-feeling, touching the new ones. Just high enough for now to have discovered you using an old fetish of mine in its both - the seldom and the never (not anymore) forms. I was pretty impressed as a young girl with some ways unfaithful harem ladies were disposed off, however not with love. Never with love, yet such overcomes the distant observer be it even the brothers remain selfish in their tragedies - Itachi not given to believe in the trueness of his brother's feelings, Sasuke not able to know the truth behind... It remains sad, and so human, yet at least they are granted one perfect moment and a quick way out of it, a classical reference comes in my mind - for a single "perfect moment" had Faust (by Goethe) sold his soul too.

"Zum Augenblicke dürft' ich sagen:

Verweile doch, du bist so schön!"

(To a moment could I tell: Oh linger on, you are too beautiful!"

- somewhen I wonder if this escape from happiness to eternity is the most desired solution -

There can be little said about my adoration for your writing style, you still do not know.

Yet I shall try to continue the upward-reading later - the eyes hurt. Since my chance at easy one-click review is thus given, I will have to find another way to voice more appreciation.

Hikari.
velvet-prosthesis chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Absolutely beautiful. Short review I know, but you left me speechless girl. It's hard to review/criticize something like this :P
animeluvr chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
idk if i reviewed this yet on my account but this was absolutely heartwrenching and made me cry

it was so beautiful im definitely favoriting this on my account

the ending was perfect...thank you so much for this

it was a true work of art
Shurikenx chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Gosh, what a way to make a return, ne B1? ;D This was such a pleasure to read, and how imaginative! I've already mentioned how atmospheric this piece is, but having just re-read it, it's dawned on me how truly mesmerising it actually is. The descriptions are exquisite, and in a way that the whole piece is almost physically tangiable. It's lovely work; sad and angsty, but very carefully written I think. :3 I'm only sorry that my review is so small! I hope you understand how much I liked this piece though. It's so beautifully written. :'D

Shuri x
Laforet chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Absolutely beautiful. Sad and erotic. I tend to shy away from Uchiha incest but I'm always drawn into your stories. Awesome job.
KawaiiNaru-chan chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
;_;

One of the best ItaSasu's ive ever read... good job.