Reviews for Flashpoint
roni2010 chapter 35 . 7/8/2014
love the action pack fic! great job!
Anne Phoenix chapter 35 . 11/19/2012
You've lured me out of a long long lull to post this review. But I didn't want to read & run, especially as I've spent the last NINE days reading ... quite obsessively at times, on my tablet before sleeping.

I'm not sure how I found myself desperately googling for Hardy Boys fanfiction. I do know that a few weeks ago I started looking for some slash fic, as that's my usual poison, only to be struck by the horrifying reality that it didn't work for me in this fandom. Worried that I was getting mellow in my old age, I sought out some adventures/casefiles instead. Ahhhh, this was more like it, taking me back to my childhood and some of the first ever English books I can read (devoured). I think I ran into Flashpoint early on in this search but discarded it from the reading list due to the original characters. But somehow, 9 days I found myself on your profile page and thus started reading your work from the very beginning. Original characters are always more palatable when introduced gently; i.e. I don't like *noticing* them. And I didn't. By the time I reached Flashpoint, I was very very very into your universe.

I love your characterisations. You made me realise I prefer the boys slightly older - still so very very young but at 22/23 they are just a touch too old to be my own children. That turned out to be good for my enjoyment. Their relationship is well developed throughout, ups and downs and all. A good dose of humour, some decent violence and exposed vulnerabilities and you got me!

So I wanted to say Thank You for writing these stories. I can only hope you've spent the last 2 years crafting the next 100,000 word masterpiece. I have personally written about 900,000 words of fanfiction in my "career" and this took me 15 years and 130 stories, so my admiration for your novel length work is very genuine. You haven't received anywhere near as many reviews as you would have in any other fandom I can think of! xx Anne
Xdaisy chainX chapter 35 . 6/7/2012
Wow well what a ride. I found one of your later fics and decided to go back from the start and read my way through. And I'm so glad I did. The first fic felt like an old school Hardy Boys book. Right down to some of the cheesy language lol. But then you've managed to develop fantastically well the older Hardy's personalities and relationship in your later works. Like you say on your profile, those who grow up reading the boys do want to be able to see them older and more mature as they age themselves.

I think that I have outgrown the books to some extent now I'm in my twenties, which is why I headed over to fanfiction to see if I could find the sorts of stories with the guys older and more developed, and luckily chanced upon your stories! I have read through the entire lot of them in about three days (I wish I'd slowed down a little now I see that this last fic was published in '10...I'm guessing that means you've given up on writing?). I loved each and every one of them. They were meaty enough and each character had a satisfying amount of 'screen time'. I never read Nancy Drew as a kid so I usually don't bother when she's involved. But I over looked her inclusion and I'm glad I did because her addition to the stories was only a good thing. She was a character and not the main attraction as often seems to happen where she's concerned with the Hardy's.

You have a great handle on Frank and Joe's relationship, and it was a joy to follow them through these stories. You handled all the twists and turns well also and it felt like everything was neatly tied up at the end.

Anyways I could probably continue gushing but I'll put a lid on it and finish by saying I hope you haven't given up on writing! I would love for you to provide more stories along the same lines as these, and I'll be on the sidelines waiting and hoping that you do

Sarah
invisibleink90 chapter 35 . 6/4/2012
If there is such a thing as a gorgeous fanfiction, this is it. I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It read almost like the originals. Your rendition is faithful, creative, and wholly satisfying. Thanks so much for sharing this! I see that I missed your first stories and my next few evenings will be spent reading those. And yes, a few English-isms slipped through, but no one minds. I think they are brilliant!
Killian2011 chapter 35 . 10/3/2011
ANother awesome story even though Nancy only appeared at the end. You are really very talented. Con and Fenton were great.

I hope that this is not the end of the line and that you have some more stories for us. Thanks for the great time!
Anjelicious chapter 35 . 3/28/2011
I loved reading your stories so much. stopped studying for an exam due to it. Please tell me you plan on writing more. I love it when frank is the vulnerable one.
Arivoctix chapter 35 . 8/8/2010
Hurray, happy ending! :) I'm very glad Joe isn't dead. Injured, fine. Sick, okay. But dead would be terrible!

And HaHAH, Frank can lift his eyebrow again! Such a lovely action, that. It's very amusing too.

I'm totally addicted to your Hardy Boy universe. Please tell me you'll have another story? :)

Poor Rebel. May he rest in peace.
Arivoctix chapter 31 . 7/17/2010
I do try to review consistently. :) The author spends their time typing and updating, so why shouldn't I give my feedback?

That being said, exciting chapter! But oh God, poor Joe. :c I really do hope he's not dead... Seriously injured is fine as long as he isn't dead.

And I hope Fenton gives Claud what's coming to him! Go Hardys!
Arivoctix chapter 30 . 7/15/2010
Wow, I wasn't expecting Con to know the blackmailer, much less for them to be related.

And oh no! D: a cliff-hanger! Poor Rebel... though at least he's only asleep. I would've been so sad if you'd killed him.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Arivoctix chapter 29 . 6/11/2010
Nice chapter! Not too much action, but very informative. :)

I don't know if I've ever reviewed your stories before, but I've read Pandora, Boosting, and now Flashpoint. They're all really good! They seem to have a good blend of action and mystery and romance, and they're well-written too!

I just have a couple pointers, and it's really on John's accent (I'm from the area, so I have it myself, lol). At one point, John says "you boys". Maybe that was just him, but most Southerners would say "Y'all" (you all) for a plural 2nd person. :) But really, that was the only thing that stuck out to me in this chapter.

I'm looking forward to the next part!
alendil chapter 25 . 5/4/2010
"Sweeping for wires...? Okay, now I'm confused. Has Frank turned into James Bond?"... Does this mean Joe didn't check for bugs? And so Frank's kidnapping was so much easier?
alendil chapter 25 . 5/3/2010
Joe sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know what I'm talking about, Frank never had the chance to explain, just told me to sweep everywhere for wires." His mouth kinked up, "He was going to talk me through his theory yesterday over lunch, but events got in the way. Hard to hold a conversation when you're either sliding on your head or flying gracefully through the air."

That was one thing Con had lately learned about Joe Hardy. He hid behind humour and used it as a buffer zone when he was feeling stressed. Con had the almost uncontrollable urge to put his arm around the younger man. "Sweeping for wires...? Okay, now I'm confused. Has Frank turned into James Bond?"

Joe sighed again. "There are some similarities, I'll admit. Never mind, I'm sure the dude knows what he's doing."
LOVED THIS...
You know what i like the most about your stories? You see everything from every character's point of view.
Hey, did Hannah tell Frank to consider chemical peeling?
Cheryl chapter 23 . 4/18/2010
I am trying to stay up to date with my reviews. Forgive me is I fall a day or two behind!

1. The way that Frank took his time explaining to Heather who he was and what had happened showed how thoughtful he was. Even the fact that he didn't tell her everything because he didn't want to scare her speaks to kind nature. Well done.

2. "The ticklish feeling was nice so he shared a look with her, treated her to his special smile and a half-wink." Okay- I am a Frank-ette, but I bet a lot of Joe-ettes would totally be swooning now. I even find that exchange particularly cute!

3. OMG! What an intense car wreck scene. And now they smell gas? UH OH!

4."Get my girlfriend out first." AW!

5."No…no…not again…"

6.A voice in his head was screaming through the horror that this should not, could not be happening, that twice in a lifetime events of this kind just were not possible..."do not judge a book by its cover…what you can't see doesn't equal inevitability."

WHAT? What did you just do? I just read the ending of this chapter 3 times. HOLY CRAP! Dawn, you meanie- that was INTENSE... I LOVED it. ERM, I mean I loved it if everyone will be okay in future chapters. What a well-written, powerful, and frightening cliffhanger. I'm speechless! I will by on edge until the next chapter! WHEW!

Cheryl
Daisymall13 chapter 23 . 4/18/2010
I'm not getting the updates for this!

Awesome cliffie...please update again soon..I'll be watching for it!
Cheryl chapter 22 . 4/11/2010
Ah, on to my next review! :)

1. You do a great job of exposing Frank's insecurities. We all tend to think of Frank as always in control and self-assured, but, after everything that he's been through, how could he not be skittish in his own apartment? Nice detail. Plus, he has guns hidden around his apartment? the poor guy!

2."He was tempted to start weight training just to put on muscle and take over his brother's role as 'the half with brawn'. Wow! That was a good thought! As usual, you write Frank's humor, if even in a thought, so well. :)

! I absolutely LOVED how the incoming thunder paralleled Frank's increasing intensity of thought. That was so thoughtful; what attention to detail! Only the best writers can make lines like the following have more than one meaning: "The thunder hit, louder this time and definitely much closer to home." THAT"s why you're a fine writer, my friend!

4."Aw-man-put-some-clothes-on!"

Joe looked down at himself and grinned unperturbed. He had not had time to consider his nudity. Suddenly chilled, he backed quickly into the bedroom and pulled on some sweatpants."

SNORT! LOL! Somehow, as hot as many think Joe to be, that scene was not sexy! LOL!

5."Meaning...when are we going to talk about what happened with the dumbbell and when are you going to stop giving yourself a hard time about it? And in the woods, you wigged out when the gun play started, and then I got the brush off when I asked you about it."

"Embarrassed, on all counts."

Frank gave a little bow. "Welcome to my world, Joey. Now you know why I don't share everything. So what is it, the return of your ligyrophobia, your fear of loud noises?"

I think it's great that Frank and Joe can start being honest with each other again- hopefully! I admire Joe for blocking Frank's exit, and Frank for telling Joe the truth about why he's been so jumpy. Nicely written.

6. Nice exchange about how Frank turns things around to be about Joe. But, as you pointed out, does he do that.. or does Joe? Interesting point to ponder!

7."Throw anything at Frank Hardy and he could handle it, but an upset and frightened woman? That was way out of his comfort zone."

But he'll manage- because THAT is Frank Hardy!

As always, thanks for another great chapter!

Cheryl