Reviews for The Woman in Black
Kifty chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
I've been enjoying reading though your older stories - I have to admit that I'm terrible about reading reviews. You authors spend an enormous amount of time planning, writing and editing stories for my enjoyment, and I really do appreciate it, even if I only very rarely say so.

I like the dynamic between Tony and Ria, as well as their common language, even if I don't always understand it. Apparently, Italian isn't close enough to French for me to understand all of the words. I was happy you explained that sunrise comment, because I couldn't parse it out at all. I must admit, though, that I figured it probably had something to do with when to get up... :)

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for keeping me entertained!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/20/2013
Enjoyed this one very much.
megamom2 chapter 8 . 4/26/2012
This was an exciting read, with an original, creative plotline!

I'm enjoying working my way through your accumulation of stories!
stareagle chapter 8 . 4/2/2012
Another great story! You have talent and imagination!
AnisRocks chapter 8 . 1/26/2012
Oooooh totally awesome story! Loved it!8)
USAFChief chapter 8 . 8/21/2011
I stayed up late last night (after 10 pm) to finish this story, but my fingers just wouldn't work to type you a review. This morning we have walked the dogs their meandering mile and I took my wife to a hole-in-the-wall-greasy-spoon cafe that she really likes. She enjoys an occasional breakfast she doesn't have to cook.

Review for the story: Very, very good plot with lots of action. I did not see anything out of place. Your characters are very well portrayed and I like all of the characters you people your story with - even the evil ones. I think you did an even better job than usual with Ziva in this one...she's likeable, but deadly. A little more romance for Tony and Ria would have been fine with me - but maybe you'll have her back again sometime.

Good job!

All the best.

USAFChief chapter 4 . 8/20/2011
"I think his haemorrhoids are bothering him."

Fabulous line!

Madances chapter 2 . 5/9/2011
Sorry I just realized that you have. Thanks Tracy
Madances chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Please finish it! Tracy
fighttowin1 chapter 8 . 5/2/2011
Favorite part in this chapter: Tony nodded, but he held his hand out, palm up. Gibbs put his hand in it firmly, and Tony gripped it. "G'night, Boss," he said softly. Did he feel the hand being patted and tucked under the bedclothes? Did Gibbs actually say "Sleep, Son," or did he mis-hear as he began to doze?

I also liked how Tony had to encourage Gibbs a little, and of course that Gibb's stayed with him until Ria came and that she stayed with him & got to fill him in on all the details.

Lovely story! Nicely written, thank you so much!
fighttowin1 chapter 7 . 5/2/2011 sweet! Very nicely done! Lots of wonderful action, nicely done! Of course...I imagine that they'll still have to answer for the blown up car. :-)
fighttowin1 chapter 6 . 5/2/2011
Really liked this is SO perfectly Ziva:

"Just to mess with their heads, Gibbs."
fighttowin1 chapter 5 . 5/2/2011 my favorite line in this chapter is: Ria was smiling. She'd give it more thought when she could, but whatever danger they were in, it seemed clear that she'd somehow managed to fall in with a unique and rather special group of people.

Lovely chapter, delightful story!
fighttowin1 chapter 4 . 5/2/2011
Just found this story, and I am loving it. Very well thought out...well written, keeping with the mysteries of what is really going on. ;-)
Mezzo Beev chapter 8 . 4/30/2011
You don’t know how much I wanted Gibb’s response to Vance’s opening salvo when he called to be something like, “Director, I can easily believe that you would just observe while a lady is brutalized by thugs in an unprovoked attack. That DiNozzo doesn’t share your restraint is to his credit.” But that sounds more like me than Gibbs. But I do sometimes wish that someone would slap Vance down.

I liked the team automatically falling into a conspiracy to raise Ria’s spirits, and Tony’s impression of a lounge lizard. There's a lot of good teamwork here, with all of the team members demonstrating the caliber that makes them worthy of Gibbs's team.

I’m glad you showed how Vance got clued into there being problems in Garston, but having it from a source that he didn’t want to reveal when he briefed the team. It made sense that he’d protect his source yet send the team to see what they might sense.

I don’t get why Vance knew about Ria and was so hostile about her. He knows her by name and knows that people have died, which suggests he knows more that he has shown and more than Drew revealed to him. If he had this additional knowledge, wouldn’t he also know that she is ICE? And wouldn’t the fact that she hasn’t been fired, suspended or arrested suggest to him that she isn’t the evil danger that he describes? It makes it sound like he knows more about what is going on and is being complicit by, at a minimum, turning a blind eye towards the problems this ICE agent has been combating.