Reviews for The passing of Darktan
OldStoneface chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Stumbled on this, and glad I did. I echo the other comments. The idea has some chronological challenges, and I've never known DEATH to intervene in such a fashion, but the writing was incredibly vivid and ornate. It painted a clear picture in my head that I really enjoyed. And the idea itself was very very clever. Kudos to you!
SilverInkblot chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Mmm... I'm not sure I like the idea of Darktan becoming Vimes all that much. Chronologically, and because I think it's a bit OOC for Death to do so. The writing itself however, is excellent. I really loved this bit:

"Is there some big picture that I couldn't see? Even if there was, he decided, it couldn't be more important than the little pictures. That wouldn't work. After all, the little picture was where people lived. And people had to matter, or else where was the point in anything?"

*Perfect* I wish I cauld fave lines, just for that paragraph. It's exactly the kind of line that could have been lifted from one of the books. I want to hug it for being that perfectly Pratchett-esque.
BillyTheMadHatter chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Hehe, I like the idea of Darktan being reincarnated as Vimes. Although that might differ a bit form the timeline, even though they never directly SAID Vimes was the specific Commander of the Watch to chase them out of Ankh-Morpork, some seem to think that may be the case. But I like it anyway. After all, they are rather alike.
Loten chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
I freely admit that I just glanced at this out of idle curiosity. Until I saw you mention Cockbill Street.

I have no idea how you thought of this, but it's an amazing idea, and disturbingly plausible by Discworld standards! Nice one.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Not quite fitting in chronology wise, but reincarnation isnt in a straight line (ie you can be born while your previous self is still alive. Clever and very good.