Reviews for Another Life: CoT Award for Best Future Fic
Guest chapter 9 . 12/12/2013
6billion years into the future and they still use pens and envelopes and fixed telephone lines... Putting that aside it's a nice little story.
Iris Wood chapter 12 . 7/7/2013
OMG! CYBERMAN emotion inhibitor and a reflection of Jack with his emotions was the last thing that I expected to find in the basement!

Six billion years is a long time to live. One of the curses of being immortal is that you start to loose memories or you start to go crazy. I think of Methos from Highlander and his five thousand years of memories and the sum of his experiences leading up to the man he was at the end of Highlander. Or of Khayman, from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, who forgot his own origin, and if I remember correctly, his own name. These men needed a Pensieve for their memories: to remember the good and even the bad.

I really should go to bed, but I cannot stop reading. Excellent work!
Iris Wood chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
I'm addicted to your story. When initially clicking on this story, I thought he would meet up with the Face of Boe, rather than a six billion year old Jack. The whole galaxy angle was cute earlier and a nice connection to MiB.

Looking ahead now and seeing 23 chapters in this story, I am left wondering if I really want to devote my time to it... I know I will read it all anyways :) My mind predicts that Ianto will be dumped eventually into a different point in Jack's life right after the Captain realizes that he "loves" Ianto and wants to be with him.

Nice to have brought Rhys to the future. I am imagining a domestic scene between the three of them and it makes me smile.

Onward I go, even though I got a full day ahead of me tomorrow (today).

Thanks for writing a great story.
OragamiSauce chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
I've been searching for this story for like...EVER. Finally found it. 3
Monocerosik chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I've just finished reading Another Life and I'm awed, amazed, stunned and just almost speechless. You've created such an amazing world, so real and consistent that's unbelievable. It's even more real and probable, alive and vivid than actual TV series. The way you painted the characters - mainly Jack and Ianto - is... I don't know, I'm at a loss how to express what I feel at the moment. Just wanted you to know that I've taken time and read the whole story and I'm desperately hoping for more REAL and ALIVE Ianto with all his psychological issues, temper tantrums and his good heart.
The plot is great! I loved all the twist and turns and sudden catastrophes and hilarious moments with some sex in between. Your story is just like a normal life - with all it's up and down, joys and sorrows, hopes and despairs - and that is such a rare quality in ff stories...
BTW, I love how you made John Hart such a brilliant character, not some emotionless, cold-hearted bastard. Thank you for that, and also that the life of Jack and Ianto isn't some unbelievable string of happy, sappy, fluffy moments, that they've got a tough but good life.
Thank you.
In the end: a shout for you "It's brilliant! Write more!"
a-whisper-in-time chapter 23 . 3/14/2012
I absolutely love this story. One of the best I've ever read. This is actually the second time I've read it haha and I decided I just had to tell you how great it is ] You captured Ianto and Jack (the good and the bad) exactly how I imagined them to be. I can't get enough! I just love it! 3
Paige K chapter 11 . 3/3/2012
It's 4am and i can't stop reading! this is fantastic, really. almost an adrenaline rush. i love the new jack, how much he's changed but is still the same, and how it makes his relationship with ianto completely different. simply brilliant. just thought i'd let you know how much i'm enjoying this ] i can't wait to see how it ends.
crazychildruns chapter 24 . 1/4/2012
Really great story
Tenaya 7 chapter 2 . 7/19/2011
Holy crap! I was actually crying at Ianto's loss in the 2nd Chapter! OMG! I love it! I felt my own heart breaking, especially when he was talking to Jack...holly crap...

:')
pitabread12 chapter 15 . 7/11/2011
hello! I like your story so far, i'm up to chapter 15. I like the bit about John hart and the Doctor.

one question- is it the 9th doctor here? you mention the estuary accent, but i'm not really sure. thanks. anyways, please keep wrting, i'm enjoying it.

cheers!
jen-hi chapter 23 . 5/7/2011
This story is absolutely awesome! I've spent quite some time during the last days reading it as once started I wasn't able to stop... Looking forward to the sequel and your other stories.
ericasofia chapter 23 . 3/26/2011
Thank you so much for writing and posting this story. It’s truly wonderful and one of the best written fics I’ve ever read. I adore the miniature galaxies and their origin. And the world you created is so unique, I keep imagining it and I’m filled with so many different emotions. Their relationship is deep and complicated.. but that is so Jack and Ianto, isn’t it? I can’t wait to read more! Thank you.
Mywickedways chapter 2 . 3/6/2011
Sweetie your amazing! I love it! Thanks so much for posting this, you've made made my week. It's really sad that Jack forget, and I feel bad for Ianto. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Toinette chapter 17 . 2/21/2011
I. Am. So. Shocked. You know how to surprise your readers! I can't believe it's him who stabbed Ianto; you are twisted, you are!

Anyways... chapter 18, here I come.
Toinette chapter 16 . 2/19/2011
Wow, I've just devoured this fanfiction so far (and printed everything, I'm not even sure I'll recycle the paper afterwards...). I'm still amazed at all the tiny details that make me squeal like a fangirl : "Harper patch", Time Lord Mirror in the basement, lube from the future and so on. And Giacomo is just adorable.

I like that your Ianto is not that sweet, actually, taking advantage of his status sometimes.

I really really *really!* hope that everything's going to be fine for Rhys in the end because I'm hurting for him right now.

Ooh, just because you can't be perfect... The Doctor and John Hart? What were you thinking?

(On the other hand, Giacomo saying he looks good for an old man was priceless!)

Can't wait to read the next one, maybe sometimes the "other" Jack steps outside the main Jack (and he's the one who stabbed Ianto?) or maybe I'm going to be really surprised when I find out who did it.