Reviews for When It Rains
was looking around today and stumbled back on to this story - always was one of my favs - hope you will continue it one day! great story, excellent writing. thanks for sharing it #moreplease
palmtreehead chapter 22 . 8/30
I am so curious how this ends, stayed up way too late cos I am hooked, going to do a bit of google stalking in case you posted elsewhere. I hope real life is treating you well and thanks for sharing this very interesting story
palmtreehead chapter 14 . 8/28
whew, Darcy is truly amazing at digging himself a hole. Was lovely to see a bit of spine from Charles, I like the thought that being friends with Lizzy before Darcy could have helped him on that front. Thanks for sharing
palmtreehead chapter 13 . 8/28
Wow, despite the fact you’re writing from Darcy’s point of view so we know how selfish he’s being (can’t date Lizzy due to her social position but doesn’t want to see her with anyone else) I still feel sorry for his struggle with priorities. Nicely written, thanks for sharing
palmtreehead chapter 2 . 8/27
I like that Darcy knows what advice to give Charles but doesn’t cos he wants to win, he really is a bit of a prat sometimes. Thanks for sharing
I love your writing and when I saw this story, I couldn't wait to read it. I really hope you continue to write this story; your writing is intoxicating and I love if. Great job!
Gentid01 chapter 22 . 4/16
This is such a great story! It looks like you haven’t updated it in a while, where you ever planning too? I LOVE sad mopping Darcy!
this is one of my most favourite stories ever, I love the way the relationship between Lizzie and Darcy and the way he softens towards her
I have a few theories about how they separate and somehow I can't help but think in tragedy... hope I'm wrong though
Anyway fantastic story hope to see a new chapter someday!
Much love to you!
Many fan fictions mostly stay true to the plot from which they're adapted (at least the many P&P fics that I've come across). The setting might change (modern/AU) but the basic story remains the same.
However, your story is one of the rare ones that manages to create a Darcy and Elizabeth, who, retaining their originality, have aspects that seem fresh and appealing. You could change the names of these characters and I would still read it fondly.
You've made me fall for your seemingly effortless way of weaving words. You've brilliantly created the atmosphere of rain, love, loss and (possibly?) reunion. This story reminds me of nostalgia (is that even possible?).
I come back to this story, time and again.
Thank you for this.
MelsAFan chapter 1 . 2/18
Man i really need to stop get hooked on stories that have been abandoned.
beany chapter 22 . 11/27/2017
Ugghhhh if you were to suddenly finish this I would die bc it would be amazing and beautiful and I would be so happy.
liveoninmemory chapter 22 . 10/20/2017
Please finish this story, it is really inspiring
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2017
Thank you for an amazing story. I know I should be disappointed that it isn't completed but it's hard to when the material we have is far far better than anything that I have read in a while. I am going to do what Lizzy would probably have done:make up my own story.
Midnite.mystik chapter 22 . 9/20/2017
It's been a long time, but I would love to know what university they went to. What was the fight that separated them, and where is he going when he gets on the plane.
Sandhya chapter 22 . 9/15/2017
This is such a wonderfully written story, I really wish you'd complete it! Such depth for the characters, I almost feel like I'm a part of it. It's so hard to find well written stories from Darcy's POV. Please finish it!