Reviews for Cutting Loose
hga chapter 6 . 4/4
WRT to you comment to Wyrtha, that the canon Team 7 "was not a very good idea" ... well, of course ... unless you're writing dramatic fiction, in which case it provided oodles of dramatic tension, which I've noticed is perhaps your greatest problem as an author. At many times this has been particularly noticeable in Soul's Light, which I recently started reading (and haven't gotten to the current end); Harry D. shows up, becomes part of the Tokyo-3 inner circle, and makes things go a lot better and smoother. I suspect this is why I've never been able to get very far in this story, but I'm trying harder this time.
lazyguy90 chapter 19 . 4/2
Damn this is one cool story.

I hope you decide to continue it someday.

Keep at it.
"'You're bluffing, and not doing a very good JOBE of it...' Kakashi announced..."
You got a typo there.
Silenius chapter 19 . 1/16
It is a rare thing to find a Naruto story where the characters are portrayed so faithfully to their canon counterparts, especially in a tale that so drastically alters Naruto's graduation and team situation. Furthermore, it is incredibly refreshing to see an author break the mold with a pairing that is neither guaranteed for the endgame nor overused, and doubly so to see a story that chooses to handle "romance" more realistically for characters of Naruto's age-group. I can also say you handle your Original Characters very well, giving them well-rounded personalities and keeping them from encroaching upon Sue territory. As far as technical writing concerns go, your chapter length is quite satisfactory, pacing is excellent, and there are few grammar and spelling errors of any note, which is always a plus.

I would like to mention that I was helpfully directed to this fic via the Naruto Fan Fic Recommendations section on TV Tropes. Having perused the story's Tropes pages, as well as having read your profile page, I must say I'd be lying if I wasn't disappointed to see that you seem to have little interest in continuing this story any longer. I have sampled some of your other fics and, while this is simply my opinion, "Cutting Loose" is probably the best of those I've read. I will not pester you about your decision, as I'm certain you have your reasons, and far be it from me to tell you what to write. However, I would not be disappointed if my extra review/follow/favorite might help serve to rekindle your motivations.

Having said all of that, please continue writing your stories, whichever ones they might be. It would be a shame to see you stop.

-Silenius-
Shattering chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
I like how... well you make everything plausible and in place with canon. Others would have made Naruto with some overly exaggerated tragic past and bash everything. And the worst part is that those kinds of authors are about 20 years old... and they write that kind of BS, makes me wonder if they are 20 year old's with a mindset of a 11 year old :P
MiskWisk chapter 19 . 12/1/2013
God damn it. I really like this fic. It is the only good one I've seen with Naruto on Team Gai and has so many nice things going for it such as Yugito and Naruto's interactions, Team 7 and a couple of other things (even if Naruto's strength has been a tad inconsistent IMHO). However, I can't really bring myself to follow/favourite since it may as well be abandoned by this point.
cmcginley26 chapter 19 . 11/17/2013
T_T just as I was getting to the good part too, I hope one day you can get back to this and finish it, it was a wonderful story and I enjoyed it tremendously.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 6 . 10/22/2013
Not to mention that Kakashi is the worst sensei ever. He did not really trained Naruto nor Sakura he dumped the job on a different Jonin and then onto Jiraiya and it was not until tsunade came back that Sakura got some skill.
entelejent chapter 19 . 9/26/2013
Very well done characters and realistic conversations are the center of the story; personally, I particularly like Kakashi in this. Events are expertly written in that they feel suspenseful and vitally important while they're taking place, yet are later woven into the past as if they're parts of life and not foci of the story: a mature view that's rare in amateur fiction, and often done worse in novels.
On the downside it's not very exciting overall, Naruto seems to usually neglect using his shadow clones to anywhere near their full potential, and opponents are either nerfed or don't put forth enough effort.
bloodyhound17 chapter 19 . 9/21/2013
I don't know if i should follow this story because there is no recent update stiill good story
Guest chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
I think this girl named ashley C is really cute & i like her but im to shy to tell her that.
Dirgy chapter 3 . 8/29/2013
Fantastic story
sparrowhawk13 chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Kakashi os better when he is not the teacher
kildar2010 chapter 19 . 7/19/2013
Dude is this fic abandoned?
You have a Tv Tropes page and everything so please don't give up
10/10 ( I always love TenTen as a pairing ])
Guest chapter 7 . 7/12/2013
Nice chapter, but there is no reason why the hokage should be pushed into letting naruto go.