Reviews for Cutting Loose
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 12/13/2014
Couple of nits:

"Ensorcelled", not "enscrolled"
"Clinch my victory / position / whatever", not "clench"

Most of the conversation in this chapter is exposition for the audience - the characters should all know everything that's being discussed so they wouldn't be discussing it.

I liked the "put him in a genjutsu" solution to handling Naruto; very slick. And you were clever to think of the "ninja in constant pain can't be genjutsu'd" thing - I haven't seen that before, and it makes perfect sense.

Looking forward to the big Naruto / Yagura fight next chapter. I hope that Naruto gets whomped; he can certainly out-muscle Yagura, but Yagura is so much more experienced that he really should pull off the win. Either way, it'll be exciting.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 12/12/2014
This chapter was pretty heavy added. You don't need to have Guy and Kakashi explain that Mei is trying to control Naruto through flirtation, and so on. Just show the original action happening, then roll along.

Turtle and sparrow summons, huh? I wonder who holds the naked mole rat contract.
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 12/12/2014
Well, that was interesting. Looks like Naruto just started World War IV.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 12/12/2014
Concrit: several times in each chapter you words left out or repeated. Reading through should spot them easily enough now that you've been away from writing them for a while and can see them with fresh eyes.

I was surprised when Naruto didn't give up the details; it seems like there should have been a simpler way to handle it but what he did seems about in character.

I'm trying to guess who the jonin will be. Gai, Kakashi, and...Anko? She's got some genjutsu as I recall and she's pretty badass. Not sure who else.
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 12/12/2014
That was a great fight. Both of them fought smart and played to their own advantages, which was good to see. Naruto sticking around and fighting at the end instead of trying to escape or make more clones...not his brightest move ever, but very in character.
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 12/12/2014
Hard to believe that a jounin wouldn't check for poison in food that an unknown ninja gave him but, okay.

TenTen didn't put it together quite as fast as I would have thought, and it would have been smart for her to leave a note for the guys before running out, but she DID figure it out, and I have to admire her guts.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 12/12/2014
"What's a jinchuuriki?" Heh.

I found your link over on TvTropes under the recommended fics. I'm enjoying this, although you've done a little TOO good a job keeping Naruto in character. He's just as annoying as in canon.
loopy dane chapter 19 . 12/9/2014
Fun so far, but you don't have even one team that passed the 2nd stage the correct way? There was still one earth scroll out there, it should have been possible...
Guest chapter 19 . 11/24/2014
Please continue this story!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/19/2014
were is the passion as i am reading you have a few things that would be brilliant but do to a lack of emotions that lead to it or that should be there makes it all flat. for a few examples guy should have tried to stopped yugito from revealing an S class secret. and after that naruto was no were near as devistated as he should have been and he got back up way to fast even if the hokage told him it would take more effort. next one is that naruto should have been abused to make the offer more atractive to naruto and an explanation of the PR campaign that makes kumo more exepting of jinjuriki and their is more but i don't want to make this too long to put it short you need more emotional pull
Guest chapter 4 . 11/19/2014
the reveal he is a jinjuriki had too little emotions to work period and why did guy let it happen naruto's status as a jinjuriki is suppose to be an S class secret punishable by death. the only way to salvage this is to have a political shit storm for kumo trying to steal naruto, konohas jinjuriki aka konohas weapon. and are you sure you want to go naruto was just ignored because i just don't see that happening at least a few attempts by some drunks
winterzstorm chapter 19 . 11/17/2014
I love this story can't wait for more, the character development is awesome
Biblio388 chapter 19 . 11/11/2014
Like what you are doing with the whole story. Very interesting approach to a lot of the overused situations that appear in most other stories.
Biblio388 chapter 15 . 11/11/2014
Talk about a shock. Didn't see this chapter coming but it was very well done.
Biblio388 chapter 13 . 11/11/2014
Noticed the meaning behind the name and have to admit that it was funny. Just makes me laugh to think about the interactions on Neji's team.
1,016 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »