Reviews for Cutting Loose
marsolino chapter 4 . 6/28/2015
I like the idea of Naruto on Team Gai but Naruto -and I realize I am talking about an 11 year old- acts too dumb for my tastes...
Alex chapter 19 . 6/21/2015
Please continue writing this story
Theseus329 chapter 5 . 6/20/2015
Gai could probably beat Killer Bee at the 7th Gate. Not certain, but if he moved in for a kill shot immediately, which he would with a student in danger, Gai probably could do it.
Kairan1979 chapter 19 . 5/11/2015
I liked the story.
It's a shame it was abandoned.
Kairan1979 chapter 13 . 5/6/2015
"Red Shirt?" Ouch, with name like this you don't have to be a Divination professor to predict her fate.
123paco chapter 19 . 3/24/2015
Aw, I really wish you'd continue this story, all the action was coming up next! :(
Snwh122 chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
I like this! Though you prolly won't read this review lol, looks like this has been dead for a long time.

One thing thats interesting. In this world I think that Naruto is a year older than tenten, even though tenten is infinitely more mature. Food for thought lol
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 19 . 2/3/2015
The whole idea of sending Naruto to Kiri for "tips" with an outside chance of regime change was a bit unbelievable-but other than that the rest of this story has been better. Overall the story is enjoyable and the writing style well above average. A bit more care to make events believable would go a long way to improving your writing.
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 5 . 1/31/2015
At this point in the story it is strange that Kumo is aware of Akatsuki as a threat to jinchuriki. If this were a "Yugito went back in time" scenario, that would make the entire scene more plausible. Since I doubt that's what you're doing, I'm just going to hope you explain things a bit more later.
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 4 . 1/31/2015
I'm afraid the situation here is unbelievable. First off, the idea that Naruto's identity as a jinchuriki is well known is a bit of a stretch, though not completely unlikely. That said, there's no way Konoha would send the identity of their ninja ahead to Kumo. It would be a risk just to send a jounin of Gai's ability on the chance he would be killed, not to mention the danger of exposing their jinchuriki to that kind of danger. It would be another matter if you pointed to some kind of conspiracy within Konoha that led to this happening, a spy setting them up for capture-but you didn't.

Second, if Yugito were going to make a play for Naruto, she most certainly wouldn't have pointed herself out as Kumo's jinchuriki and shown that she was aware of who Naruto was. That should have been a dead giveaway for the jounin. And if Gai was so certain of the restaurant proprietor's friendship that he didn't consider his food being poisoned then I'd like to have seen the buildup leading to the betrayal.

I hope there aren't too many situations like this in the story; it really strains suspension of disbelief.
Wolf and MR Lover chapter 11 . 1/24/2015
Hahahaha! Academy totally trumps a stupid bridge.
Wolf and MR Lover chapter 9 . 1/24/2015
I'm proud of myself that I noticed that Terumi was lying, and what she actually meant before the explanation.
Wolf and MR Lover chapter 6 . 1/24/2015
Naruto's talk with the Hokage REALLY pissed me off, I KNEW what that old man was trying to do. He was trying to dissuade Naruto from defecting to Kumo by trying to poke holes in her speech to him. And then using that argument to encourage Naruto to keep trying what he was doing in Konoha (and trying to strengthen Naruto's loyalty to Konoha since he knew that Kumo would try again). Then subtly saying he wants Naruto to be Hokage (which may or may not be true) in order to strengthen his dream (once again, trying to strengthen Naruto's loyalty to Konoha). It pisses me off how he's trying to manipulate Naruto (and working), yet earns my begrudging respect.
And lol, we all know the reason why you wanna help Naruto, Kakashi. :D
maxgoof296 chapter 11 . 1/23/2015
I like the fact that Yagura was himself in the end. I happen to like all the jinchuriki, so I hate what Kishimoto did to both Garra and Yagura
Diaspared chapter 5 . 1/19/2015
A fic about Naruto becoming a Kumo ninja would be more interesting than what's shaping up to be a near-rehash of canon.
1,066 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »