Reviews for Cutting Loose
Quivalen chapter 7 . 1/26/2010
Finally a story where Naruto discover the drawwback from Kage bushin. It is really stupid if you think. Naruto haven't got a headache from kage bushin in the first part of manga and suddendly in the second part his head blow every time !

I think kishimoto didn't think about the "kage bushin secret" until the second part of the manga ...
Quivalen chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
This story is good ! If want see when jiraya come back to Konoha! :D
hydrianway1013 chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
YEAH!

Go Naruto...Kyuubi rampage!

And poor, poor Tenten&Lee...sewer duty, ugh.
AscendedAbyss chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
Well... I can honestly say that the ending of this chapter took me by complete surprise. Your ending author's note summed my thoughts up perfectly, though it was rather ironic that you still added in some mention of the Wave arc. Foreshadowing, or just delving into a cliche for very little reason? I guess only time can tell.

Anyways, I thought your characterizations were superbly done and generally consistent, especially Naruto. He's obnoxious and stubborn to the point of fault, but his occasional insight and conversely perpetual tenacity make him an enjoyable character. You've also seemed to put some thought into the fact that they are kids, and think like kids. Your dialogue shows it, though at some point Naruto has to begin growing up. The worst trap an author can fall into is not allowing for tonal shifts and character development. Then the story just gets repetitive, and boring.

One critique I can point out, despite your generally firm grasp on the technical aspects of writing, is that you don't differentiate between beats and tags in your dialogue. Look up the Grammar Wench if you want help with those, as she explains it better than I ever could. Small things like that are important and there are many other grammatical minutia she discusses on her site.

Overall, if FanfictionDotNet had a rating system, I'd easily call this story 4/5. I'd have to wait and see if you actually have a plot before I can add that other point, though I doubt someone with your seeming prowess would go into a story without some sort of original plot in mind.

If not, you better get cracking. Akatsuki is Kishimoto's plot-line, not yours. ;D

Thanks for the wonderful read and I can't wait for the next update.

Snarf
InARealPickle chapter 3 . 1/25/2010
Oh Crap!
InARealPickle chapter 2 . 1/25/2010
“Oh yeah, he’s definitely completely freaking nuts.” LOL

Poor Naruto and Tenten!

I laughed so hard during this chapter.

Especially when Gai showed his devious side by stealing the student he knew his rival wanted.

The man's not an idiot... just insane.
Demonkid chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
Definitely like the way this story is going. It is pretty refreshing to read one not saturated with cliches.

The content was well written and organized.

Keep it up.

Update soon.
Elemental Dragon Swordman chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
(sigh) So much for not causing any trouble. Despite that this chapter was epic.
Dragonjek chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
I wonder what will happen when he finds out that Yagura was under that mind-controlling genjutsu? More importantly, what would Yagura be like without the mind control (the manga said he was kind, and the 'Bloody Mist' thing only started during his rule), and what would Madara do when his puppet Mizukage has it's strings cut?
schnookums chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
Omg, I have been laughing my tush off like crazy the last few chapters. I find Lee and Gai so in character, that I can't stop laughing. And the line from Naruto to Kakashi about Kakashi ruining his awesomeness was hilarious! The ending of this chapter was sad, but I suppose it was bound to happen. Can't wait for more!
geetac chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
I like the chapter.
Lord Grond chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
A totally unexpected chapter, Tenten and Lee learn a very important lesson about following orders after the little scare given for the Jonin for being out of the village without permission. Poor Naruto was crushed when he knew that all the ugly things than he heard about Yagura are true, he really is the monster everybodie talks about, this cruel awakening to the true nature of Yagura have made Naruto enter in a Berserk who only will stop when Naruto kill Yagura showing to the world than Jinchuuriki not only are monsters, they can be heroes too, until the next update.
Dragonjek chapter 2 . 1/25/2010
This has to be one of the best and most hilarious portrayals of Kakashi I've ever read. I love this story!
Foxy-kun chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
great chapter,

naruto is like perfect lol

cnt wait to see him kick the mizukages ass lol
penninnyc chapter 8 . 1/25/2010
Well I'm definitely enjoying your story. Stories where Naruto meets the other jinchuriki are hard to come by, at least without the meetings being either overly contrived (random other nations showing up at the Chunin Exams, de-aged jinchuriki in tow, without any prior deviation in the canon plot, for example), or without the jinchuriki being made-up OCs when we know the names, physical descriptions, and countries of origin of all of them by now.

I also love Gai being Naruto's sensei, because he's the ideal teacher for him due to his work ethic. You've kept everyone reasonably in character and haven't overly matured Naruto due to his early graduation. You're also keeping romance and romantic hints in the background and are using it more as a comedic interlude rather than as the focal point of the story, as it's used in the manga and anime, and I'm quite grateful for that, too.

Obviously I'm also loving your frequent updates. Keep up the good work, and thanks for writing!
1,023 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 .. Last Next »