Reviews for Cutting Loose
Stiehl chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
Interesting. I do hope you continue this Mizukage thing further, though I realize that the jounin won't let Naruto just try and assassinate him. I think Naruto should have to deal with killing someone for the first time, and not just shrug it off like nothing like so many authors have him do.
imgonnadie chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
Excellent chapter.
Bobboky chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
very good work
CoverTom chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
Lol Naruto is such a cornball.

“I won’t let Yagura kill any more innocent people! I’ll show the world that not all jinchuriki are monsters! I’ll prove that we can be heroes too!”

I can see him saying this in canon.

In any case, I guess we'll see what happens next time. :P

I'm going to go crawl into the corner and die of corny overload in the mean time.
CelticReaper chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
wow O_O

awesome chapter

updateas soon as you can please
JPMod chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
I found this fic recently, and after reading all the chapters thus far, I have to say that this is shaping up to be quite an interesting AU. :)

Naruto is already on his way to be an amazing ninja, and already it seems he found his nindo of protecting the innocense without the need of someone to tell him, like Haku. Just I wonder if he's biting off more than he can chew so soon in his life, especially given he's bloody trying to tackle the entire Kiri army in order to kill the Mizukage. It's admirable I admit, but I think Gai, Kakashi, and Kurenai either allow Naruto to do so and cause Konoha to go to war with Kiri or knock Naruto out before he does cause a war.

Speaking of character development, the interactions between Naruto and Tenten are quite entertaining and enjoyable. They're good friends that have the potential to be something more down the road. They trust each other deeply, and that's a good foundation for a romantic relationship when it does come. For now, they're focus on becoming stronger ninja, not romance. It is good for the comedy affects now though, as you said, to see Tenten keep denying there is nothing between her and Naruto. ;)

So I await the next chapter. As I said, either the three jounin allow Naruto to start a war with Kiri or knock the knucklehead out before he does start a war. I know he will be not please to be knock-out, but he has to learn there is time and place for such heroics. I really can't see how he can take on the entire Kiri nation and still prevent a war.
dragonshaun9 chapter 8 . 1/27/2010
yes, you have crushed many such expectations. CRUSHED THEM I SAY! but i love it, and you've brought us a little more focus on the bloodline purge of mizu no kuni. so...assassinate the mizukage anyone?
Call0013 chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
interesting. but naruto needs to learn that there are consuquesns
Soulhope The Wolf chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
nice like the way its going is naruto going to go up to 8 tails and eat the three taild trtal like soup lol like the fic uptate soon dude
spiritwolf35 chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
please update soon
AngelForm chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
Well you are a good writer but you really need to put some more thought into this.

Other than a few missing words, most likely due to screwing up the download, the grammar spelling and structure are excellent.

Having Naruto in Gai’s team is indeed an underused AU and you arranged it masterfully. The characterisation and interaction are good as is the general flow of events.

You handled Naruto’s first kill and his meeting with the Hokage very well indeed. Like-wise Tenten and Lee getting caught on the way to mist was realistic, although it seems a bit convoluted for them to be following in the first place.

The Tenten’s mom and dad gag was most amusing.

Now the bad points:

Shadow clones.

I don’t have problem with shadow clones when used properly, which so far you seem to be doing well with, but for god sake why must he always have that particular god-mode jutsu? If its an AU story you should not replicate million to one chances like Naruto coming into possession of a forbidden jutsu. At the very least could you have not come up with a less deus ex machina way of doing it?

Secondly and more importantly, the jinchuriki fight.

How exactly did she get to be a jonin when her melee skills are such that chunin exam Neji would flatten her? A fresh genin, even after a couple of months under Gai, should not have even made it out of the room. The gap between genin and jonin is huge. Zabuza would be quite capable of killing all of the rookie 12 at once as they were during the chunin exam. The only things that would prove a problem would be Naruto going two or more tails or Lee pulling out all five of his gates. Even then they would need support.

With the clones and her having to hold back I can see Naruto holding his own once he was in the forest and had his army out but then Tenten manages to last several minuets against a very angry low-S-rank ninja!

Couple of other points;

How exactly does one burn down a forest in a land mostly covered in trees? Also the geography of that place seems very weird.

Why didn’t she just break a limb or two when he didn’t go down? He would heal it in what? A week?

Why didn’t she just grab Naruto and run when Tenten showed up?

Why did she not just pretend to run off till the cloak went down then one-shot him?

Why didn’t Naruto just use his cheat-code transformation jutsu to either stay as Gai, to get extra reach height and muscle, or turn into a squirrel and hide?

If you plan on using the excuse that she was holding back to not hurt them then I would like to know how a pacifist moron like that even got to chunin. If she had gone even half serious in the first place Naruto would have been disabled before he even got to the forest and that would have been that. He has regen, she knows he has regen so why not break a couple of limbs that will heal in at worst a week?

All in all the only two parts of that fight that made any sense were: Her having trouble fighting an army, and her not wanting to escalate the fight to a bijuu contest.

I leave it to you how you handle jinchuriki in your fic but how can raw power matter when both are using the same amount of power?

Still there is a lot of potential here.
InARealPickle chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
Awesome story!
Quivalen chapter 7 . 1/26/2010
Finally a story where Naruto discover the drawwback from Kage bushin. It is really stupid if you think. Naruto haven't got a headache from kage bushin in the first part of manga and suddendly in the second part his head blow every time !

I think kishimoto didn't think about the "kage bushin secret" until the second part of the manga ...
Quivalen chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
This story is good ! If want see when jiraya come back to Konoha! :D
hydrianway1013 chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
YEAH!

Go Naruto...Kyuubi rampage!

And poor, poor Tenten&Lee...sewer duty, ugh.
1,035 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 .. Last Next »