Reviews for Gears and Springs
Dummy Perception chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Sad, and you really scared me there! I loved your version of the story. It's like the movie I've watched( I think it's "The Uninvited")
HaganeJonetsu chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Wow...a very unique story. And scary. But I enjoyed the story nevertheless. :)
Invisibool chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Wow.

You, sir, are absolutely amazing.

I have read some of your stories. You have made me smile in pure joy. Made me laugh until it hurt. Made me sad for hours.

And now, you have horrified the ever-loving crap out of me, for all the good reasons.

I can very easily see this being told as a modern fairy tale, as you said.

I loved the writing style, as it conveyed the story and emotions very, very well.

The ending has scared me, and kept my heart pounding. I honestly mean that. I may not be able to sleep for the next night or two.

I would LOVE to read more horror from you. Your writing is very special, in the best way I can think of.

Keep up the absolutely amazing work!

Farewell, sleep! I knew thee well!
Yuki is Mine chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Very interesting. I think you could have expanded this to be a seven or eight chapter series though, as it seems like much of the story is rushed in order to fit within a one-shot. Still, it's rather unique, and the twist did take me by surprise.

Nice job.
brewcha chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
That. was. so...so...sweet. It's a little scary, in it's own, nice, interesting way, but...it's still...wonderfully...wonderfully sweet. It was a tad bit disturbing though...but that's fine since it's...HORROR, whatdoyaexpect?
ArmorBlade chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Excellent piece for all the right and disturbing reasons. Even the method and style of writting really told the story well when featuring these two.
kissme92 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
You hve officially scared me sh**less.

That was probably the most distruing thing I have ever read on this whole site so far. Thanks to you I will have trouble sleeping tonight. *shudder*

(That means this was very good!)
Raineh Daze chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
The ending seems... confusing. O_o

I like the story a lot. Heheh.

Why can I never do long reviews?
Nederbird chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
You know what... you're different.

And that I mean in the good sense.

Not only is your comedy the funniest I've ever read on this site, but this... this is special. Should I be honest, the "Tragedy/Horror" description doesn't do this story enough justice, it's so much more than just that.

Really, the first parts of the story, up until Yuki comes home from those two weeks with her friends, is really heartwarming: seeing her as part of the community, the time she spends with Ryoko, the feelings she develops for Kyon and the moments with her new friends that she treasures. It was really wonderful to read all this.

What was the finest about this was that it dealt more with family and friendship than it did with romance, something that very few stories seem to do nowadays (I think I can only name one other and that's in the FLCL section). While romance stories can become real masterpieces if done right them also, the ones that deal with friends and family always have such a unique feel to them: love and friendship are two different things and the former isn't necessarily better than the latter, no matter what I hear people say. It was also an excellent idea to make a human Yuki the protagonist and to explore her relation to the world around her. This was brilliant.

About the style of writing I don't have much to comment. At first, I wasn't that very much impressed as I mostly favour long sentences of Latinic English rather than shorter frases of Germanic English. However, that changed, as I began to like it more and more the further into the story I came. It really fits this story, making it seem such a sweet and innocent little tale in the beginning. Then when finished, it's like a fairy-tale gone worng, horribly wrong. Well executed, all of it.

I knew I made the right decision when I added you among my favourite authors. :)

So, thanks for a wonderful read!

Med Vänliga Hälsningar, Nederbörd.
XxMisaki EndouxX chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Oh, GAWD!

Awesome awesome awesome!

This was really well-thought of. The plot was really epic, and reading about Yuki like this is just enlightening! Ryoko is one of my favorite characters, so that just adds to the points that I'm going to give you! However, the ending was sad D: but since this is a tragedy/horror fic, it's fits REALLY well!

Thank you thank you thank you for this wonderful fic! This review may not mean much since it touches so little about your writing and all, but the thing is that I currently can't even find the words to tell you how much I had fun reading this fic!

Keep this up and you'll be famous! :3
too lazy to login chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
i love it :D so sad and creepy poor yuki i suppose she dosen;t have many mirrors home 4 her not to see her clothes...

lol it was a VERY good thing to do, now i havew more inspiration 4 my essay(in macbeth..nuu)

btw yuki's name means "to have hope", cuz her name is written like chinese characters(You Xi) "有希" i think it's called Kanji.

in hiragana and katakana Yuki means snow :3 'ゆき'

But it's not written in hiragana nor katakana XP
fourtress101 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
This was AMAZING. Ryoko/Yuki was sweet at the beginning yet both of them turn out to be mentally unstable by the end. And Yuki killed her friends? I didn't see that coming. If only she would have invited Ryoko on that trip, this could have been avoided. This was great for a Horror/Romance! Now you can do horror and comedy! I'll be sure to check out any fics made by you with Ryoko or horror in them as well. This was so good, I can't get over how good this was! But I've said this already, haven't I? And also, I hope this dosen't seem sick but...

I would have REALLY enjoyed slitting Mikuru's throat and stabbing Haruhi's gut.

This story is favorited!
Arty d'Arc chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Very interesting fic; a mix of fairy tale and Twilight Zone that you don't often see around here.
leonazo chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Cool story!

Seriosuly I think it's a great story. Yuki being the main character is surely a good decision, even when the rest of the brigade didn't have much lines.

First of all. Great work with preparing the story. It's very important in a story, a good development of character's personality and life style. You did this very well.

Second. Even when the end was quite easy to guess, it surprised me. Tha fact is that, most people that deals with bi-polar characters tends to justify everything with that. You did not completely. Yuki's friend were real after all.

Last, I think the pairing Yuki-Ryoko in this fic rocked. I'm not really much into Yuri, but you showed us the passion and I was convinced. Seriously good work at that!

Keep the good work up! Your funny stories are cool, but I think this one is a lot better. Horror isn't as easy to write as comedy is. So, I would suggest you to keep coming with this one-shots, from time to time. :)

León
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
...the horror, the horror...(O_0)