Reviews for Fox Fire
LindyP chapter 33 . 16h ago
Great update! Edward is sooooo stubborn! Looking forward to your next update!
kiwihipp chapter 33 . 4/19
Wow! That was quite an ending! I am so happy that you have come back from your long wandering to give us this. This last chapter was scary in the fact that Edward and Bella quarrel and Edward comes across Sam and causes him to change. Thank God for the control that Old Quil had over him.
kiwihipp chapter 21 . 4/18
Awesome chapter
AlexxandraRae chapter 33 . 4/18
amazing, please update soon!
Renee Aubin chapter 2 . 4/16
Ooh, fun behind-the-scenes moment, at the Cullen house after Edward returns from his flight to Alaska: ‘I'd listened to their speculations, voiced and unvoiced, all weekend. Will he go back? Will he be able to resist? Are we going to have to move again?’

‘I was eager to find out how the girl kept her thoughts from me. Could she do it deliberately or was it an accident of genetics…’ It never occurred to me that Edward might wonder if she was purposely blocking her thoughts from him.

Hmm, even that early ‘I wanted to alleviate the fear I'd seen in her eyes. I wanted her to know I wasn't a monster.’ Interesting that he gives a damn what she thinks.

Nice detail of vampire senses: ‘The chill in the air foretold snow, and tiny fractals had already begun to gather on the glass.’

Ewww, even though Emmett is (mostly) joking: "Come on: we've all been there. We should help him. As long as we all get a share, where's the harm?”

Nice bit of sisterly support: ‘"Edward can be very charming when he wants to," Alice pointed out.’

Oh, good image: ‘Snippets of the conversation in the car re-ran in my head like a record skipping in a groove…’

Interesting: ‘I know that you can't hear what she's thinking. Don't worry, [Alice] added, seeing my horrified expression, I haven't told the others.’ How did she figure that out?

Shivery: ‘You will not die today, I promised her silently as I turned in my chair.’

‘She returned my smile with the weird, unfocused look I had become accustomed to seeing on female faces, one usually accompanied by some mental drivel along the lines of he's so hot.’ I guess it would be a relief not to have to hear that yet again.

Wow: ‘I hadn't touched a live human in nearly seventy years…’

A good detail: Mr Banner’s ‘movements disturbed the air, allowing me to exhale and fill my lungs once more.’ Gives a real sense of Edward’s claustrophobia. And later ‘I tried very hard not to listen to the soft echoing thud of her heartbeat.’

Good for you, Edward, when Mr. Banner assumes he did all the lab work: ‘I corrected him, annoyed, for some reason, that he'd dismissed her intelligence already.’

Whoa, a startling reminder of how the Cullens think of the other students: ‘Children carried a lot of emotional baggage these days, so I tried to make my next question more sympathetic.’ Children!

I always thought this was an astonishingly intimate thing for Edward to notice and to say: "You put on a good show, but I'd be willing to bet that you're suffering more than you let anyone see." Not your average 17 year old boy.

Well said: ‘It wouldn't be as difficult the next time. She was no longer the demon of that first day.’ And this made me smile: ‘I had never come across another seventeen year old like her in all my years.’ Thank goodness more than her blood is intriguing.

Clever ending:
‘As I gripped the steering wheel and backed into the aisle, I noticed that the strange sensation in my right hand had eased. It was cold.
I should have been relieved. But I wanted to feel the burn again.’
august raven chapter 33 . 4/15
Glad you're back at it WoodLily! Love your story!
CassandraLowery chapter 33 . 4/15
Thank you so much for picking up this story again; I've enjoyed it in the past and was thrilled to see a new chapter! :)

I'm definitely looking forward to new installments as you are able to post. :)

Warmly,
Cassandra :)
Virginia May chapter 33 . 4/14
Woot! Updates are love. Thanks for keeping on. I know how hard it is when you run out of writing steam. It's been over 2 yrs since I updated my fic, and I desperately want to finish, too.

So happy you were able to break through a little. Keep it up! :-)

Ginnie
SLKerouac chapter 33 . 4/14
The get together was now winding down. Edward was thinking back to what he could remember of his life before becoming a vampire. Edward and then Bella really didn't like parties but Alice what had happened. It went well. Edward and Alice told Bella to got take a shower. They were going to clean up before Charlie came home. Alice had a vision of Edward leaving again. Edward stayed with Bella. They had the same argument. Bella wants to be changed and Edward tells her no. She wants more with Edward and he tells her that it is not safe. After seeing that they were going nowhere with this decision Bella told Edward to leave. He ran and rand. He ended up near a tribal ceremony. The next thing was Sam telling Edward to leave. During this encounter Sam changed into a wolf. Edward was surprised because he thought it had died out when the elders of the tribe had died. Sam was getting ready to attack Edward when Old Quil stepped in. He told Sam to step down and Edward to go home now. Does Edward go home? Does he tell Carlisle that the wolves are still around? That Sam changed right in front of him? That something is happening with the Quileute's tribe's males? What does Bella do now that she knows that Edward will not change her? Does something happen to Bella that there is no other way for her to continue to live? Are there nomad vampires around the area? Is Bella safe? Does Alice talk more with Edward? What does Edward do to get back with Bella? Will he talk with Carlisle about what Bella wants? That she wants to be one of them? How will that happen without braking the treaty? Next chapter!
NobodyButHim chapter 33 . 4/13
Thanks for updating! Looking forward to more!
Fab treat. Please make your AU happier, with no Edward leaving, and Jacob and Renesmee free, as I love your style and your Edward :)
TheFanWhoWasntThere chapter 33 . 4/13
I'm happy to see you back! Too bad it's so hard to keep the thread of the story straight in my head in-between updates...I'd completely forgotten where we left off last time. So, you're introducing the wolf pack into the story now - where are you going with this, I wonder? And I'm beginning to wonder more and more:will your story be subtly different from Twilight, and how? Your Edward seems to be more conflicted about his relationship with Bella than the original - or am I reading more into his POV than I should? Thank you for writing! :)
CindyWindy chapter 33 . 4/12
Welcome back! You've returned with a great chapter! Edward's response crushed Bella, poor girl. She is awfully young though. The funeral service was vividly written and felt authentic. Thanks for sharing your writing!
Reinbeau chapter 33 . 4/11
Edward needs to get his head out of that tight stinky place he keeps trying to put it.

Now he knows for a fact that there are wolves on the Rez. Was it Sam, or some other animal? If it were vampires, Sam would have known.
BridieM chapter 33 . 4/11
What a chapter to break the drought. Excellent writing and storytelling. Thank you. :D
1,290 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »