Reviews for Everything Old Is New Again
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Hahaha! Hotch was caught by dave! Lol, poor young girl in the counter.
Pheonix1995 chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Hotch is SO cute in this one - Looking after Emily Loved it! :D Also loved Dave in this one and love the fact that he only gossips with Em and Hotch! :P Could totally see that happening in the show! :D
chiroho chapter 2 . 1/18/2010
"It’s so nice"

- Given that it's about 5 years faster than the old one, I'd have hoped so!

"everyone should send him thanks because there would be NO posting for days if not for him"

- That's hardly necessary. You know I'd have helped you out as best as I could regardless. Though I haven't noticed any PM's from anyone coming my way. ;)

"Though saddling the kid with the name “Chiroho” is rather cruel"

- And apparently the woman is a comedian! ;)

Apparently one Aaron Hotchner isn't that good at telling Emily where he's going. I remember in Girl he goes out to get his bag from his car and comes back 45 minutes later having returned home and picked up his gun as well. Now when he goes shopping, he decides to go to a different town to get a better selection. All good things, but he does need to work at that communication piece. Then again, maybe it's a male thing, as apparently I have failings in the same area.

Had to laugh at the "off to find a girl that's interested obviously" comment.

LOL at the hunter and cave references. The little repartee between them here is very amusing.

Definitely laughing at Emily calling him "honey", for reasons I'm sure you'll understand.

"She’d once asked Sully . . . after six MONTHS of dating . . . if he could pick up a box of Tampax for her and he’d nearly had a stroke. To this day she still wasn’t sure if he was embarrassed about purchasing them or was terrified of some sort of emotional commitment he thought they implied."

- If she hadn't realised before that point, she definitely should have realised that he was a loser when he'd practically died over doing that. I mean, what's the big deal? It's honestly not that embarrassing. Especially when you can go to the supermarket now and go to the self service checkout. Nobody pays any attention to what you're buying so long as it's all rung up.

"Either way though, that was the point where she’d known for sure that things were only going to go so far with him."

- Er, yeah. Read the next line, goof!

"And for Hotch, ruthless was a good quality in a friend."

- I honestly can't imagine why. I honestly would have thought that Hotch was more than ruthless enough on his own, and Emily can probably be even worse. But Dave does have connections, from being around longer than anyone else for the most part, that other people simply don't have.

"Okay, that was a little too bright. Dial it down Aaron, you didn’t run into Santa Claus."

- Ha! Unless, you know, Hotch really DOES get that excited about running into Dave in CVS. ;)

“well, Dave or Morgan.”

- Do you think Morgan would do it? In some ways, I'd kind of expect that he couldn't be bothered and he'd go back to the club and find someone more local.

"he saw Emily’s eyes go from amusement to confusion to shock all in the space of ten seconds."

- Love that image. I can pretty much picture it exactly as you describe it.

Of course Dave approves! This isn't some weird AU where Dave is chasing Emily or anything. And he'd want the best for Hotch because they were friends long before he came back to the BAU.

I now, thanks to you, have this image of Dave wearing a Miss Marple like outfit, complete with the box hat held in place with the long hairpin, the long gloves, and the "old lady" handbag. :)

I can't say that I've ever experienced those sort of favours just for chips and salsa. Usually something more expensive is required.

The whole "Emilytime" and "Jacktime" thing is too cute.

LOL at the reasons they keep each other around - they're cute and smell good. I guess apart from that they aren't too fussy.

Interesting take on how Hotch thinks things might have been different if not for Haley. Hm . . . I wonder what that would look like. Oh right, The Gingerbread House world! :D

I don't remember the red sundress being explicitly mentioned in Girl, but it definitely works. :)

Aw, can we picture Hotch as Westley and Emily as Buttercup now? I wonder if TPB is a movie that Hotch and Emily sit and watch.

So for some bizarre reason, I started this review about 11 hours ago. I guess I had a lot of interruptions today!
ilajkajas2215 chapter 2 . 1/18/2010
i love this universe. i love the main universe, don't get me wrong, but this one just makes me happy. they're cute and i love that hotch takes cares of her. it's perfect. can't wait to read more.
Bedazzle Me chapter 2 . 1/18/2010
YAY! (x2)

1.) I want a man like Hotch that gives me all I need when Aunt Flow comes to visit *pout*. And the caveman jokes...yeah, I lol'd )

2.) Second Chances is back on your radar! This one just so happens to be my favourite of yours, so I'm super ecstatic now *bounces around like she's had too much coffee*.
kimtom4eva chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Cute, love it! I love me some H/P fluff! Love all your stuff, can't wait to read more!
mamacrime25 chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Nice chapter! Have you already posted "Drop a House on her Aaron?"
HouseBroken chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
loved it and i am extremely glad that second chances are back on your radar.
Arcadya chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Bah ha ha ha har! 'To this day she still wasn’t sure if he was embarrassed about purchasing them or was terrified of some sort of emotional commitment he thought they implied.' That's funny!

'Okay, that was a little too bright. Dial it down Aaron, you didn’t run into Santa Claus.' LAUGHED out loud, that was great. I sometimes think that that's your IM voice.

'lady friend' - my dad says that all the time. He's had countless lady friends, that are 'obviously' NOT his girlfriends/partners. Like I'm going to believe that!

'Fortunately he was a little old lady always on their side though.' for some reason I totally got a picture of Miss Marple then.

YAY Princess Bride quote... awesome.
CrimStudent47 chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
really good story!
Hotch-Prentiss-fan chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
wow I really love it you made me smile

Ill be here to read all your stories
katdemon1895 chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
so sweet! and chihiro is a nice name for a little girl, you'll probably get some people asking if you're a fan of spirited away, very sweet fic, i really do love the relationship you build between hotch and emily and how deliberately you've generally left out the cases except as they pertain to their emotions and how they deal with each other afterwards, very illustrative of how professional they are, and really they're just so cute, also loving the princess bride nod at the end there, very nice
lovingmylife chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Loved the story. as always. It made me laugh quite a bit. And on a side note you have scared me into opening my portable hard drive that i got for christmas that is sitting next to me on my desk. I owe you thanks.

Again Great Job
chiroho chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This is a long one, so I'll have to see how the review goes.

"who I now want to name my first born after"

- You know, I could have done it for free, well for the cost of a chassis for your HDD (which is like $20 or something) had I actually had physical access to your machine. Apparently opening the box and copying the files meant a lot to you!

"yes, Chiroho was very proud of himself for his offsite, unseen analysis"

- Wouldn't anyone be? I mean, it's not like I could see the system you know!

"BACK UP ALL OF YOUR WORK KIDS!"

- I refuse to comment on how many external drives I now own. Rumour has it that it's a number more than 3 and less than 5. With a 1Gb, 2Gb, 4Gb, 8Gb, and 16Gb flash drive sitting around somewhere as well. (Yes, I like counting in binary apparently!)

You know, I've purchased feminine hygiene products on many occasions, and I can't ever remember having problems. Yes, I may have made a cell phone call a couple of times checking alternatives, but not nerve wracking. I guess after the first time, I just remembered what it was that I was supposed to buy and kept getting that.

Ha, CVS. Been there many, many, many times.

It's not even a comparison between Emily's apartment, from what we've seen of it on the show, and Hotch's Hovel. For starters, her place has an amazing view, while his is on the ground floor.

You know, I have to say that your Hotch doesn't half overbuy when she goes shopping!

My wife's favourite B&J is CD. Mine is Bananas on the Rum, which I've never seen in a store. It's sad, because it's an awesome flavour! I actually have found that Walgreens, amazingly, has better B&J flavour options than CVS. No idea why, but they do.

Dave is SO into winding up Hotch! But picking up the box of tampons? He's crossing a pretty damn significant line there! And if someone I knew had done that to me, I think I'd react identically to Hotch - Whiskey Tango Hotel are you doing here?

I don't know how his luck is that bad, but I wouldn't be buying any lottery tickets any time soon!

I'd really think that Hotch is good enough that more than just a subtle prod like that from Dave is going to cause him to just roll over.

I kinda feel sorry for the poor girl at the register, but one time I was buying condoms from CVS (yes, it happens), not really paying attention as there were some other things there as well, and the next thing I realise the two girls (and they must have been maybe 19 or 20 - MUCH younger than me) were talking about which brand and "ribbing" gave a more pleasurable experience! I was almost kicking myself for not paying attention to the conversation from the start! Of course, when they realised that I'd looked up, they were a touch embarrassed, but I don't think either of them was actually blushing! I had to file that one under "weird and wonderful experiences at CVS".

Dave is SUCH a sleaze! Well not really, but paying the girl a $50? Now while we know he has best sellers and does book tours, is it canon in the show that he's really that rich? I mean, I don't think it's ever come up so far as I can recall. I ask because the author doesn't always seem to get a lot of money from the actual sales - sometimes just a few cents per copy sold.

Of course, now that Dave knows, it'll be interesting to see whether Hotch's relationship with Emily really does remain private. Dave is, after all, a notorious gossip. :)

I am looking forward very much to seeing how Emily reacts to Dave finding out. And I guess you're threatening to get it up today. That still a possibility? :)

The CM fanfic award, as you know, wasn't me, but was certainly deserved.
crazy4remi chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Hey grat chaptr lookingforward to th nex one!

That happened to me last year but the guy who triedto fix it could't and had to remembe eerythng that Id written and rewrite. It ashorrible I think I did actually cry!

Thanks for getting this up.

XCrazyX