Reviews for Solstice
pseudo-quill chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I sigh in contentment as I read this fic. It's again another piece I've read on your lj (it's sad that you do not have all those little oneshots here on , sad!) and I love the children who hang around Fai. This is the sort of fic that makes me feel like I'm home, with everyone I love around me, and I thank you for that pleasant feeling. I also like the mention of Real!Fai, I quite like reading about the relationship between Fai and Yuui which does not appear very often in TRC, so I normally find myself sorting through the Horitsuba archive for it, or reading Horitsuba AUs posted in the TRC archive. I enjoyed this very much, and I sincerely hope you will continue writing.
Phlogistics chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
This was fantastic. Thank you so much for writing this fic!
DXM Junkie chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I can't believe this story hasn't gotten more reviews! I absolutely ADORE your KuroFai stories. The way their conversations bounce off one another is so entertaining, and how protective of Fai he is. Even Kuro-kun's 'come on' was in character, and endearing. You actually used FACT and PLOT within your story, do you know how friggin rare that is?

For one thing, you know about the country and don't mistake facts. It irritates me so much when people do that. Anyway, I will plow through any and all KuroFai you put on this site; and probably favorite it too. Please do more (and may I dare ask... a lemon?) XD

Please write more stories!

DXMJUNKIE
6bestfriends chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This was just amazing! I love how you portrayed both Fai and Kurogane as two rather passionate adults. We obviously didn't get any of that in the manga, because its main audience is a lot younger, but I think their relationship in this piece is very natural, just how it would be like if they were real people in the real world. Thanks for a wonderful read!
Sinclair chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This oneshot is beautiful. The cultural accuracy is also very commendable. Its very rare that a fanfiction writer takes the time to do some research when it comes to historical settings and cultural context.

Your writing style makes the whole story very believable. The internal logic of your story makes sense and there was absolutely no moment where I had to raise my eyebrow and think "ok, this probably wouldnt have happened this way, if it were settled in real life" or "this was out of character" (which happens a lot, when I read Fanfictions. There are few exceptions. Your story is one of them).

"“He’s happy you’re happy,” Kurogane said firmly, as if daring his lover to disagree with him.

Fai smiled, titling his head up towards the other. “I’m happy,” he confirmed simply, hearing the unspoken question."

This could have been a scene out of the Manga. The reply of Fay is the most honest and positive one he probably could ever say to Kurogane. I think it would mean even more to Kurogane than Fay saying "I love you."

I like the straight forward behavior of Kurogane, when he said "Ive got the better view." I think this would be something he could only say after having been with Fay for a longer time, since this does imply that he would have to open up and loosen up a lot around him. I think after the end of the epilogue of the Manga, Kurogane is not yet ready to admit something like that.

Am I correct in considering this story to be a sequel to "We go ever onwards" ( a story which I liked a lot, too)?

I will start reading "Ever after" very soon.