Reviews for A Small Touch
Brotchen chapter 1 . 4/2
Can't. Stop. Laughing...! That was just so utterly brilliant and so them!

I love Ranma's racing thoughts that always hover around admitting to himself that he likes Akane, but then pulling back at the last second because he's insecure. And then when she does initiate contact with him, he makes it out like it was obvious to him the whole time. You gave Ranma that foot-in-the-mouth voice that makes you want to stop reading because it's so ridiculous and embarrassing but at the same time can't stop because you want to know what stupid thing he'll think up next.

Really fantastic read!
Richard Ryley chapter 1 . 2/13
Your characterization here is 100% right on target. Even though we never get to look into Akane's mind as well, it's still all there, her frustration with him, her exasperation, and yes, her subtle affection, far too subtle for Ranma to see, but there nonetheless. That she picks up that he is looking at her "like a pervert" and the blush as she looks over her shoulder shows she's not as oblivious as he thinks. But she doesn't leave, and she doesn't lash out. Not until he gives her a reason to.

A previous reviewer said that this is Ranma as if he had more self awareness, but I think this really is the real Ranma, hidden under his denials and his childish goading. Of course it's childish, he's trying to get her attention, like a child would. In the first volume of the manga, after Akane hits Ranma with the baseball, he's thinking, "It'll never work out. Don't even think about it." I think he KNOWS he's hopelessly smitten with Akane, right from the start, but just as here, he feels she has no interest in him. She's a sexless tomboy, because she doesn't react the way he thinks a "real woman", like Shampoo, would.

Ironically, if he'd think about how HE shows HER affection, he'd get it. :D
ryu238 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Oh man, this is perfect. I can honestly see ranma and akane like this.
blue-espeon chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
This never stops being funny, no matter how many times I read it. I love your characterizations, they're a bit different from most other authors', and your Ranma and Akane never fail to make me laugh.

Keep up the great work!
serenityselena chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
amusing story _
DipuC chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Gah. Lovely job, here mate. you do a great job of making Ranma the "man", and not giving up in situation like these.

And I almost cried with laughter when I saw that an entire paragraph dedicated to "Stupid Akane" LOL :)

Happy Writing,

DIpuC '
Naa-Nanase chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
OMG! This is canon? XD

Perfect story! It's just so 'Ranma and Akane'.

This fic is so funny, sweet and mischievous! (c'mon, Ranma! You want more than a simple touch, don't you? XD) This really left me with warm and fuzzy feelings ;)

You have to writing more R&A fics! You're great!

Sorry if I wrote something wrong! English isn't my first language.
KohanaSaotome chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Brilliant! I loved it! These are the real Ranma and Akane and not some cheesy story with their names on it. Ranma is still arrogant and expects Akane to advance on their relationship, but not by humillating himself at confessing or something like that xD. He is like a little boy wanting attention, cute, however annoying xD

Excellent! I don't see these kind of stories everyday. Keep writing!
pigtailedgirl chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Oh Ranma has it bad! You capture his voice so well.
Luna12 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Very cute and funny! An interesting look into the thoughts of Ranma. You really relate to Akane's irritation, too. Well done.
Indygodusk chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Wow, that was fabulous! I was totally chuckling in my chair the whole time. I loved what a strong voice you gave Ranma. I totally believed they were the thoughts of a teenage boy. It was great getting the one sided POV. The entire thing kept me anticipating the next thought or action. So cute! Thank you!
ann chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I love it! I love it! I love it! You captured the characters perfectly. This is the fifth time I am reading this. Great job.
katy chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
hehe that ending was funny I think you should keep wrighting because so far this story has been amazing and I want to know what happens after Akane storms off!
tomboy 26 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
This was utterly fantastic. I mean, this is what Ranma would think of Akane if he was more of man to admit that there was something there. I mean, if he even allowed himself to react that way to her .. ahem 'advances' lol.

And what makes it even better is that he wants to feel that 'spark' again and he notices that it's not when he touches her. It's when she touches him .. lol .. we girls know how to play it.

This gives an explanation as to why Ranma is always teasing and bothering Akane .. maybe he just wanted to feel that 'spark' lol. This was good .. way good .. I loved it .
Kipcha chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Oh my gosh, the ending was just classic. I loved the entire story, and if we got a peek into Ranma's mind, I can almost see this happening as well!