Reviews for Stolen
Marigab chapter 6 . 4/12/2012
Awesomw story, I wish you finished it!
CaraM chapter 6 . 3/23/2011
well I guess you won't be finishing this but I have to tell you that I thought this story was incredibly inventive. I hated Gambit but understood his motivations in removing his empathy. You did an excellent job restraining his personality. I keep trying to figure out a way that Rogue and Remy could have ended up together but none of it would work...drives me nuts;-) I'm disappointed that I'll never know what your final intentions were with this story.
Lanea Namara chapter 6 . 7/9/2010
I just read this story, and I have to say, that among al the other fanfics, this was different, this is real quality! It has been on my mind ever since i read it! I know there is only a small chance that you'll actually read this, but it would have been incredible if you could update this one, just so I could read the end. . . Thank you!
Merr2 chapter 6 . 3/23/2010
Still hoping for an update )
Glyth chapter 6 . 12/1/2008
Intense and gripping, I really can't stop reading til' the last chapter. I love the version of Gambit you have here, this is the first time I have read a Gambit at his utmost potential without being cheesy and overpowered.
Ariesque chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
I like this story already. There were a lot of eyebrow-raising situations like Rogue marrying Eric...for security, I understand? And all Rogue can ask from Remy is not to tell Eric about their night together? Fer shame.

From the looks of it, this can only get better :)
Dark D chapter 6 . 11/30/2005
Loved the story, hope to see more soon.
Monday's Angel chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
i love this story! and thats sucks cause i love romy fluff..and there is non...however i love the whole world u have created especialy charlie! "hes so cute" and i love the relationship u have created between remy and charlie...it like the odd couple lol! i do not like the stupid turd magneto cause well...i have never liked him and he stopped remy and rogue getting together! bastard! sorry said i was a romy fan...

whats going to happen now! remys killed megneto(although im not to fussed im surh rogue would be) or is he? charlies dead! or is he? and if he is HOW COULD U DO THAT! where is rogue? she should come in at the last minute gun blazing and what not, save remy and find charlie not dead, remy gets he emotions back, remy says sorry for beeing a jackass! rogue tells him to piss off...he leaves...charlie shouts at rogue to go after him...she does...runs towards him it will be snowing (cause that isnt tacking it too far!) shouts his name he turns around..slow mo like...and they have a big smouch..charlie comes running out blarr blarr blar yarda yarda yarda happy endding...ww dont u love romy!
V chapter 6 . 9/11/2005
Sapient Scribe chapter 6 . 8/8/2005
I debated about reviewing Stolen, but after this last chapter, I felt it was necessary. I'm ambivalent on this story. Sometimes I find myself enjoying it, but there are other times where it seems to fall apart. To start, the characters are too one dimensional. Their behavior, responses, dialogue are so contrived, they fail to connect emotionally with the reader. Also, too much time is spent "explaining" history between characters or wrapping up messy plot twists...like Magneto's vasectomy-that just seemed like something you threw in to ensure Charlie's paternity. But it just doesn't work. It's too "simple", too "convenient" of an explanation, and it leaves the reader feeling cheated. I'm sorry, but that's the way it comes across. You could've used that plot line and made it so much more (it wouldn've been a great opportunity for you to expand on Magneto and Rogue's relationship..perhaps explore how Rogue's feelings for Remy, or Magneto's for that matter, have affected their marriage). And you have to be careful with Remy's characterization. He is a Lothario, and a thief, and even though he's been robbed from feeling any emotion, you're swinging the pendulum to the other extreme. You're confusing apathy with resentment. For a character who's not supposed to "feel" anything, he certainly comes across as vindictive, cruel and malevolent. All traits of a person with real feelings (albeit negative feelings), they are feelings nonetheless. Furthermore, it appears as if every X-Man is afflicted with some emotional handicap. Overall, they all come across as heartless, crass individuals with no redeeming qualities to endear them to the reader. This could be a great story, with strong, believable characters. You just need to review who and what each character is, and what they're purpose is to the overall plot. After all, if the hero of your story isn't likeable to readers, the rest won't be either.
Some Scribbles chapter 6 . 8/6/2005
Woah...intense stuff. I have to admit, finding out that Charlie was actually Remy's son was one of those mixed bag surprises-hoped it was and hoped it wasn't true all at the same time. I found Ororo's reaction-how she knew all along-to be very, very good. "Perfect."

It also helps to explain some of the 'bonding' that was going on with them in earlier chapters, despite Remy's utter lack of emotions. I never realized that they were so tied in to his 'moral compass' for lack of a better word. Argh, it KILLED me to see him leaving the kid to die, especially after finding out it was his son. If Jean does put some empathy back in his head, he's gonna be kicking himself for ages. There's just something so evil about that.

Speaking of Jean, I liked how you handled her and the other X-men's confrontation, that was very nicely done. Oh, and Charlie playing with the cell phone-sweet.

I'm very curious to see where you're taking this. I'm a sucker for happy endings, but somehow I don't see an ending where Rogue doesn't kill Gambit-unless something radically changes. It honestly seems to me like you've made it so that she genuinely loves Magento, not Remy. Which...well...ok...ugh. But oh well. So, even though I can't see a happy ending out of this bag, I'm really interested in seeing what you're gonna do. Your characters are all so complete, and you really let the fic be driven by them, so it's very intriguing.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
zero chapter 6 . 7/30/2005
hm, i don't really buy Magneto getting a vasectomy (that's extreme!) OR raising Charlie as his own, especially when he hated Gambit and resented his wife, but that does explain things. I'm really glad Charlie's Gambit's! This chapter's excellent, love the twists and revelations. keep 'em coming, fast! pretty please?

And may i suggest a sequel to 'New Addition'? *grins and wiggles eyebrows* I really liked it.
ColossusR chapter 6 . 7/28/2005
Interesting -truly very dark but the Gambit you've set up has no emotions anymore so it's very believable. That's what makes this an unique take on what's happened since he did this to himself because of love. With Gambit being so unemotional now is that why he's not suspecious and wary though? I'm not sure why the two would go hand in hand, but possibly given that it may well mean no fear. Why would he think that Sinister might not double cross him and just walk into a place that if Sinister decides, he can't walk out of. That's not intelligent planning - given all that Sinister did in the AoA. Though given that nor everyone is shown dead, things might change. But if Storm can figure out about Charile, you'd think Rogue could have, but then again Rogue's been pretty stupid and selfish all through the story. Of course I still don't buy that huge ego of AoA Magneto would raise anyone else's son even if "Xavier" told him, but I really can't believe he didn't take it out on Rogue in some way. Interesting to see where you take this.
Artemis chapter 6 . 7/28/2005
Oh please write more, i just finished reading and i loved it! I wonder if Morph's prediction will come true...you write wonderfully, please grace us readers with more!
La Magdalena chapter 6 . 7/27/2005
An evil son of a bitch Remy. Love it.