Reviews for Bryce vs the Bartowski way
Trapped in Icy Flame chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Kirinin chapter 2 . 7/6/2010
Okay, this was just lovely and neat and very creative. I thought that you explained Ellie and Chuck's charm with a very astute eye, and your flashbacks made absolute sense - the cereal box!

I would say that your tenses tend to shift when they should not; and on a purely stylistic note, I wonder if you should have made your flashbacks in italics. I've always thought that made the scene seem less real somehow, probably because italics are most traditionally used to indicate thoughts. I believed that your writing was good enough that we'd know quickly where we were in the timeline. And if not, you could always have added, "when Ellie was six..." or some other indicator.

Overall I despise flashbacks, not because they are inherently evil, but because so many people mismanage them. Yours were really just right... they informed the current story rather than becoming a separate storyline. Great job!

stayinthecar chapter 2 . 2/26/2010
I quite loved your story, especially the relationship Bryce has with Chuck and Ellie. Bryce always gets a fair amount of bashing in this fandom, but I've always seen him as a more sympathetic character who perhaps has just made an unwise decision in college. The way you brought the three of them together was highly believable and really quite sweet, little tendrils of hope woven throughout even when it seemed they didn't have that much to be happy or thankful for. Thanks for writing this!
ShinobuSaiga chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Hm Chuck / Bryce Ellie / Bryce? Interesting... I've always liked Chuck / Bryce... geeks both... will look forward to more.