Reviews for A Rose And Its Thorns
Othiara chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Love it! The symbolism is so well done. You have the characters down. I just love this!
sorryno chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Damn... this was really freaking good.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Hey!

So awesome to see that you've posted a new story! I loved your first Dollhouse fic and this one certainly did not disappoint. I don't read too many Dollhouse fics, though I definitely make an exception for yours because I love your rich interpretation of the characters and how you're able to craft them into three-dementional characters that we feel for and care about. Although I find the Claire/Topher relationship interesting (and was a fan pre-'Getting Closer'... still kinda am ;)), your interpretation takes these characters to another level and makes them even more interesting than they were on the show. I like Dollhouse, but I'm not the hugest fan of it, so whenever I read good fic about the show, it always reminds me of how important fan interpretation is.

This piece was especially angsty and you used the rose as a very clever and dark metaphor for all of the unspoken desire, subtlety, frustration and forbiddeness quite remarkably. Every word written fit the perfect, yet complicated puzzle pieces of their twisted relationship. The imagery is beautiful and crisp, just like the rose petals described. Through the roses, I feel Topher's emotional and physical pain and it is this aspect that adds another demension to his character. This is the epitome of creepiness and angst coupled with the vivid imagery you make your audience feel.

Thank you for yet another beautiful piece of art and I look forward to your upcoming fics.
Jivie chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
I really like this story, your characterization and the way you made the atmosphere seem so dark and kinda creepy. This is a great build-up toward the events in Vows, particulary the last paragraph. So I only have one thing to say: Great Job!
WhispersInTheShawdows chapter 1 . 1/13/2010