Reviews for Giving In
SomethingMoreQ chapter 40 . 7/21
Wow. The end. I looked at all the fanart, including the 'manga', which is amazing. This story is amazing. I've said it a lot, but it's true. I can only imagine the work and effort you put into this. And it shows. So thank you so much for writing this.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 39 . 7/21
Dmitri's death was neither good nor bad; it just happened. It wasn't what I thought it would be, but somehow, I knew that Russia wouldn't get around to torturing the guy. And it was fitting that Canada killed him. I do think that Dmitri's words will take root in both Canada and Russia, and something's going to happen. There's only one more 'loose end' to tie up, and I can't wait to see how that goes.
I still don't like the way you make Russia speak sometimes, but oh well. I've warmed up considerably to the way you write him, and that's saying something.

One more chapter.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 38 . 7/21
I want to see this turned into a movie or something. Slightly cliched as it is, a few details would have to be changed, but this would make an awesome movie. If we can find some people with money and really good cosplay, maybe.
This chapter was over before I knew it; it seemed too short. And only two more to go! :'(
SomethingMoreQ chapter 37 . 7/21
The joke that Alec made at the beginning is PRECISELY why I like him. Alec is awesome. Alec is COOL and I do not like him with Natalia. And I don't want him to die. Alec is awesome. Alec is one of the best OCS I've ever seen created in a fanfiction, so kudos to you. I don't usually like OCs.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 36 . 7/21
I think that Belarus has a bigger tie with Alec then previously thought. Or maybe I'm just being a paranoid baka who, like Russia, reads too much into things. But I've been harboring this suspicion for a while now. I do like Alec and, dammit, I want confrontation between him, Canada, and Russia. (Why am I like this?)
Gosh, this story is awesome.

But I have no one to tell that to. After hearing about the events in this story nonstop for two days, she forbid me from talking about it, just as it started to pick up! EH! Un! Fair! (I sounds like America...)
SomethingMoreQ chapter 35 . 7/21
XD The Prussia part was HILARIOUS. "Five meters." Brilliant observation, England. I didn't think you had it in you. That scene has got o be one of the best parts in here. There's a lot of best parts. (Russia's 'moment'. Why is that so funny to me? It's really not...) But they've really come a long way from taking care of sick Russia. I had no idea that this story would escalate into this. Not the tame, lovey fic I had in mind at all.
I love it. :3
But seriously. Can't they get a moment of peace? I have a feeling that this might just be a trap for Russia. How much more drama can there be? (A lot, knowing you by now.)
SomethingMoreQ chapter 34 . 7/21
They did kiss~ :D And so it begins even more...
Alfred, dammit! Those are the people you're looking for! If only Kuma had been awake! *growls in frustration*
The way you wrote Russia's history was amazing. I've been waiting to hear it, and finally, I have. It's put a lot into perspective, and I'm sure that if America read it, then he would stop being an ass to Russia. (At least not as big as an ass. Land of the Free and Equal, man. Get with the program.) Not that Russia is excused from what he's done. To some, it is simply unacceptable. But to another nation, it's not so hard to see why. One just has to TRY to understand. So kudos to you and Matthew.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 33 . 7/21
MM. The plot thickens even more. Still, I am sad to find that I only have seven more chapters. I should have dragged it out, but you and your damn cliffhangers refused me the luxury.
Aaaaand my reviews are definitely not showing up at all. Darn.
Finally. We get to find out more about Russia's past and what exactly happened. The scene where Russia 'finds out' about Matthew's being almost-raped was very well written, probably one of my favorite scenes. Honestly, Russia reminded me like a father questioning a daughter for the same matter. XD
SomethingMoreQ chapter 32 . 7/21
The truth is out. Wow. I DID NOT expect that twist to this story. Wow. Your writing is amazing. I would never have the wit, talent, or thought to pull something this amazing off. Wow. Just when I think stuff is settling down, everything flares back up again. How are they going to deal with this new development? You, my friend, have taken a step off of the chart. With this added addition, you are the outlier of fanfiction that I have read. I am anxious to see where this goes.

And the curl...I love how you put Canada's little E-zone in here- I mean WHAT. I didn't say anything. Hi. Um. Yeah. Hi.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 31 . 7/21
Th ending...it was so sweet...I have cavities now... XD I LOVED IT! It seems that Canada really is save from Dmitri. And we know some more about Russia's past! Yeah! *fist pump*
Being the stupid person I am, and American, (sorry, JK, mostly...) I thought Canada was actually dead, BUT only for a second, haha. It would have been blissfully tragic, that's for sure.
But the ending though!
One of the best parts in this fanfiction is the ending scene to this chapter. Canada being kidnapped put the two nations closer together than before. ;)
SomethingMoreQ chapter 30 . 7/21
Russia was having a "moment." That part wasn't funny, but I laughed anyway. It sounds so...so...so...teenage girlish. I understand what the 'moment' is, and I feel kind of bad for laughing, but... 'moment'. *snorts*
And now I know how to say fuck you in German. Useful.

AND THEY RESCUED CANADA- or did they? This is not the end; it can't be. We don't know what happened to Dmitri. Or is it? Eh...I don't know. I told myself I would stop reading after thirty; I have work to do..but...eh...
SomethingMoreQ chapter 29 . 7/21
I like Alec. (I tend to get attached to minor characters A LOT. Watch Yu Yu Hakusho until you meet a guy named Seaman. :'( Eh...)
I like how he deals with things, his thoughts towards Canada, and...yeah. But I like him; he's cool. I think he might be an important figure in rescuing Canada; I sense a 'change of heart'. (And somewhere, somehow, a Russia doubled over in pain at those words.)

And you're making England unbelievably cool. Not that he isn't bad ass at times, but damn, wow! Doing all the stuff, like freeing the back account, among other things, is beyond awesome. Smirk away, England, because THAT was awesome.
SomethingMoreQ chapter 28 . 7/21
France's thoughts at the beginning of the chapter are well deserved. It's true. Nations take, take, and take, using advantages over the weak. Ivan knows this to be especially true, and acknowledges it. I was nodding and replying to France's every sentence out loud, and I'm glad you put some of his inner thinking into the story. He should feel remorse for his treatment of Canada.

And ulterior motives ARE revealed, diving this story deeper into mystery. Here we go...

And I apologize if my reviews hold little critic and too much thought of my regards to thing outside of the story. After staring at a computer fro more than an hour, my thoughts become a bit muddled and I become a bit more reluctance to leave a review. However, every time I step away and come back, I run. I am full of anxiety to get back to reading this story, and that must account for something. I don't want to leave a two sentenced review, but I don't want to ramble, and for that, I must apologize. But I feel compelled to leave a review on every chapter to show even one tenth of my appreciation. Hey, look. I rambled. (Eh...)
SomethingMoreQ chapter 27 . 7/21
I'll help you steal that plane...
Ahem.
I'm liking how you write Natalia, (I spell the name weird, I know. But it was on the wikia...right?).
It's interesting how you portray the change in Russia. I've never seen it written, but I like how you do it. It's detailed, enough so that the reader really gets the picture. The change is an interesting one, and I like how it's shown in his eyes. My favorite scene from this chapter was the one in the room with America. Very well written and gives a bit of insight as to how America deals with Russia. 9I may ship it sometimes...)
SomethingMoreQ chapter 26 . 7/21
"I'll only read ten chapters a day," I said. "So I can drag it out," I said.
Screw that.
This story is so effing captivating, frighteningly so. I can't get enough of it! New favorite part, by the way: The scene where Russia collapsed in the T.V. room with America in a headlock. (I'm weird.) I don't know why I like it, but I do. Best. Part. So. Far.
And I LOVE how you describe the 'FACE' family from Ivan's point of view. It's interesting to see a more negative expression of them. Seeing other nation described from Russia's and Canada's point of views has change some of my views. So awesome job for connecting with reader! (You earn a medal! :3 )
2,949 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »