Reviews for Harry Potter and Future's Past
agnar chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I agree about lavender, she deserves better than ron. Glad you didn't stick her with ron for long. Having harry and hermione as a stable, mature couple would seem to provide a guide to the other girls, like lavender, what sort of behavior they should get and expect from guys, rather than ron's pratitude. :)
keichan2 chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I do confess that I didn't think that Albus would realize and change his mind... I wonder if he will say everything (including the horcrux supposedly in Harry's head)?

I hope to read more soon!
xavierp chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Loving time travel fics as I do, I am reading this avidly! As to the summary chapter, as long as it doesn't hold up a real chapter I'm all for it. The downside of having so many stories on story alert is that I have to keep reminding myself which tales I'm reading and where they got up to.
The Good Child chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Lavender was Mauled by Greyback, but was it like Bill(without the full moon) or like Mooney(full transformation)?
Cateagle chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I love the game playing with Albus and I'm looking forward to seeing him deal with the fact that he's getting out-played. I quite enjoyed the discussion between Hermione and Lavender and I suspect Ron's going to find himself having real trouble getting a girlfriend after that public blow up.

I agree with you about Elizabeth Moon as a writer and her Paks series; that's a most realistic fantasy character.
Maltor chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I vote no on the summary chapter. When it's been a while between updates I'll read the last few paragraphs or last section of the previous chapter to get my mind into the correct frame of reference. I guess it would be OK, if you added a small one at the beginning of any new chapter you post, but not as separate chapters. If you posted both separately, you'll most likely just annoy readers, especially if they are not posted at the same time. It would become an annoyance like when ABC would heavily promote a new episode of LOST only to tune in and find out it's yet another crappy clip show.
ooOCaptainTurboOoo chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Great chapter as usual, looking forward to seeing the next one.

As to the summary chapter, TBH I don't think it's needed, it's your choice but I wouldn't bother, Personall;y if I've forgotten where the story's going i Just read it from the beginning again.

Besides you don't take long enough absences for us to forget about this story plot. That only tends to happen when a story hasn't been updated in a few years.

Hope that helps.
Goldencoyote chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I Like this
Eri Nikaido chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Yay

I agree with you that lavender is to good for him. I hope next chapter would contain ginny bashing. I very very curious what your plan for ginny? although i like moRon bashing but because many other author done it made me a little uninterested in it so I really want to read a good ginny bashing
Smargden chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Thank you for the update (have not read it yet, but I be on to it), but you ask

(( BTW does anyone want a summary chapter. A chapter which summarizes what has happened in the previous chapters so it's easier to catch back up when I don't update for several weeks? ))

For me - NO,

as I take ALL storys, and chapters into my own word-doc, and make an index for of chapters for the tory, and as I read I do a sumary for each chapter before chapter 1.

Nead to have that as i have 150 storys to loock for updates.

So for me - NO thanks.

But I think a lot of readers can nead it.

Best regards

Smargden
Visigoth29527 chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Well, this is the first time I've reviewed your story I think, and I apologize for that. Have a bit of a phobia about reviews, as when I do review the story usually gets dropped shortly after. But you seem pretty consistent with updating, so I'll take the risk and answer your question.

Yes, if for whatever reason there is a long pause between updates, a review chapter would be appreciated. I don't really see a downside, as people who later read through from the start can just skip over it, assuming it's properly labeled.

Overall, the technical aspect of the story is very good. I don't find myself having to wade through a minefield of poor spelling and grammer, awkward or downright weird turns of phrase, or confusing formatting of dialogue. That alone puts you above 25 percent of the writers on this site (which is kinda sad, really). Good job! Just wanted to let you know that I as a reader appreciate the effort to make the story reader friendly.

Now, something about this chapter specifically I'd like to mention is your treatment of Lavender. I really enjoy how you're portraying her here. When all is said and done, Lavender isn't a 'bad guy.' She's just a teen girl, and not a particularly mature one at that. Now, she's starting to grow up a little, and I think the character she demonstrated in H&H's old timeline is starting to show through.

Lavender may not be a close ally, but she'll at least be a friendly to the gang now. Plus, it's another way to put the screws to Ron, who is being a colossal ass-hat in this story.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
SlickRCBD chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I'd say to hold off on doing a summary chapter unless you are planning on bringing another character "into the know", such as Lavender. That way it could be incorporated into the story. I'm not advocating bringing her in one way or the other, just making a suggestion. Everyone can go back and review previous chapters if necessary, and having such a summary chapter stuck in the middle when the story if finally finished can be annoying.
firelordeg chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
thank you for sharing this fantastic chapter please continue to update a.s.a.l.a.
Mistress Leigh chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
I don't want a summary chapter, only because it would take time away from writing a new one. :o) If I get confused, I just go back and read the previous chapter to refresh my memory. This is one of my favorite stories, though...I don't usually need a reminder.
120991ln chapter 18 . 2/27/2011