Reviews for Harry Potter and Future's Past
alix33 chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
"For all you know there is a muggleborn out there who's parents escaped Voldemort's attacks three times or even a muggle himself." - "whose parents escaped".

"The time it took me to attempt that method of getting to your parent's house was enough for your mother's death to have occurred." - "your parents' house".

"They would have never went there." Harry said." - "They would have never gone there".

"no one could see your parent's home." - "your parents' home".

"Hagrid took you to Hogwarts, his hut to be exact. From what I garnered the next day, when you were settled and sleeping, Hagrid decided to go to the Hog's Head and drink a few in memory of your mother and father. I think you might guess what happened then. After a few drinks, he started crying about it, and shortly it became known that Harry Potter was the boy-who-lived and Voldemort was gone." "It was Hagrid's fault?" - Dumbles is IMO lying and poor trusting and eternally grateful Hagrid is taking the fall for Dumbles' actions or omissions.

"Did the Weasley's tell you about the bars on the windows," - "Weasleys tell you".

"Do you know what it's like to be hit by a frying pan because I'm ten second late getting to the kitchen to cook them breakfast I'm not allowed to eat?" - "ten seconds late".

"He's just checking up on my like a good guardian should." - "checking up on me".

"I can presume you'll ensure her parent's home is warded?" - "her parents' home".

"But you can check to make sure the Longbottom's and Lovegood's wards can be improved." - "But you can check to make sure the Longbottoms' and Lovegoods' wards can be improved."

"Lucius Malfoy. The blonde Death Eater laid curled in a ball on the floor with most of his extremities twitching uncontrollably." - "Lucius Malfoy. The blond Death Eater". If Narcissa Malfoy were a blonde AND a Death Eater, she would have been a "blonde Death Eater", though.

I KNOW there are femalae (and probably male) HP fans who think that of Severus Snape (the same thing your wife thinks of him), but I am not one of them.
chst chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
Nice.
ILoveGeorgeEads chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
i loved it.i can't wait for more.
murdrax chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
hmm very inter3esting chappy!
azphxbrd chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
Good chapter,

Having Dumbledore tell Harry and Hermoine about truth (lies/half truths) was like pulling teeth one by one.

Voldemort has made greivious error,When he tortured Lucius Malfoy to made an enemy of Narcissa Malfoy hopefully Draco along with other high profile purebloods and thier children.I can see Narcissa contacting Sirius real soon for Black family protection because I think that old Tom wont be seeing anymore gold from the Malfoy vault.

Keep up the good work.
Hawklan chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
nice talk with DD and good they had Sirius on the mirror, or they would have forgot everything for sure and your poor wife likes Snape? I really feel sorry for her *g*
Thenchick chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
post more plz.

i think harry should kno that snape heard and told voldie the prophesy
StefanInVienna chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
Great Re-Do so far. I would have thought Hagrid had dropped off Harry with Pomphrey that night to give him a medical check up. Having him sleep in the hut while going for a drink works as well and even explains the story of "the boy who lived" getting out without implicating Dumbledore telling the world.
Zamia chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
Good to see them get the better of Dumbles but they must remember they can't trust him as far as they can throw Hagrid. At least they took sensible precautions while speaking to Dumbles. More has to happen to him. As to ProfessorWannaBe, to each their own. Good read. Cheers.

Z
Red Phoenix Dragon chapter 16 . 10/25/2010
Another brilliant chapter. I liked your insight on the chess game but if Ron had given any thought to his choice of pieces he would made Hermione a pawn, Harry king and queened himself to match GoF. While Hermione would have made Ron rook to give him a chance, Harry king and herself Queen.

Also if Hermione had turned the Pensieve over she would have seen the sticker "Property of the Potter family", just another thing that Dumbledore had borrowed and kept.

Why did you leave out that it was Snape who over heard the prophecy and that Dumbledore had let him go. Then for Dumbledore to have Snape "teach" and abuse Harry all those years. That would have been to end of any trust in Dumbledore. How could Fawkes stay with Dumbledore? Why didn't Fawkes bond with Harry after Dumbledore died?

Dumbledore's story tried to paint him and his actions in the best light but then again the best spin has you wanting to believe that it could be true. Would Dumbledore have watch over Harry on that cold night and waited for the Dursley's to wake up in the morning to find him. Then not check on him for 10 years ignoring all the bad reports the Mrs Figg had sent.

So did Harry or Hermione leave with the prophecy ball or did Dumbledore manage to get it?

For the summer could Harry take Hermione and Sirius on a tour of the Potter properties as they play cat and mouse avoiding Dumbledore, the Weasley's and Voldemort. They will need to take Hermione's parents and Dobby and Winky and meet all the Potter free elves and we could find out how Dumbledore manipulated James and Lily to leave the safety of the Potter Manor and go into that death trap.

Maybe if you put in a good word to Miranda, she will bless your wife to see the light. Only the Molly's, Ginny's and Ron's of this world could possibly be happy with the pairings in canon. That is what fanfic is here for to fix.

Thanks for sharing your story and please update soon.
MonCappy chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
By supporting Voldemort's regime, Umbridge has made herself deserving of death. Not only that, but every last marked death eater needs to die. They serve the magical equivalent of Adolf Hitler. The only punishment appropriate for serving someone so evil is death.
akan chapter 16 . 10/24/2010
amusant lucius avec les parents de neville!

comment draco va t'il le prendre?
timber chapter 16 . 10/24/2010
good chappie.

on an aside, i'm sorry you have to deal with that. i'm sure she could find help if she looks hard enough.
ladysavay chapter 16 . 10/24/2010
Thanks for the update. A very good chapter.

Sorry, tell the wife that she and her canon pairings will have to go on without me. I just can't being myself to ever believe that Hermione and MoRon could EVER have a successful date, let alone a life long comitted union. Pullleeese!

Can't wait for more of this!
Michae1ange1o chapter 16 . 10/24/2010
I see you spotted a few plot holes from book one, it always baffled me why someone so smart as to research characters names, meanings and histories so well like JKR does, wrote a story with so many hidden hints and plot holes. I pretty much figured that JKR didn't expect her first book to be quite so popular, and also so well liked by adults. Something i'm surprised you missed was the fact Hagrid gave Harry a flute as an xmas gift which could have been used on Fluffy, or was that just in the movie?

Some examples of why I didn't think she expected the book to be popular was Dumbledore trip to the ministry on a broomstick, because she hadn't yet invented port keys, flu travel, knight bus etc. In each of her later books she had to invent a deus ex machnia so her story would work, flu travel and Fawkes for book two, time turner for book three, port key for four so on and so on. If she had already invented these Dumbledore wouldn't have flown a broomstick.

The main problem with this 'on the fly' type of story writing is that it creates plot holes in previous books that you neatly pointed out, in the end it bit her on the ass and she had to create things to try and tie up loose ends, like Horcrux's and the Hallows because as Harry was, there was simply no way to explain how Harry could defeat Tom.

Anyhoo, good story, I have read several other 'Death's Angel second chances' challenge before and like yours better.

Good work!