Reviews for A Turian Bedtime Story
Nichalia chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Hehe you got your wish!
silentstephi chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
A bit late to the party, but this was kinda cute. Fluff is good stuff. .
10Roseleaf chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
aw this is sweet

garrus and a bedtime story! i imagine Shepard has a garrus stuffed toy with her lol.
lyssalu chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
this was so cute and well written :)

i like your characterization of calla!
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Love! Garrus is an adorable LI and you write him well. The awkwardness, the sincerity, the utter cuteness. Your Shepard feels familiar, her thoughts and actions feel real. I like that she laughs at her own bad jokes when she's really tired, I like that she had hopes and dreams of the more ordinary variety before she became Shepard, the great hero. I love how human she seems here, curled up to Garrus while she falls asleep. It's a side of her the game doesn't show, and something most fic cannot show without being OOC or horribly weepy. You make it real. It's the same for Garrus. He had been done grieving for Shepard, "a simple, silent toast" all he had left to say. But now she's alive and asleep on his chest and he never would have seen this coming.

As for other things: "...but he was cute and she was persistent." made me laugh.

"But, hey, sudden death does usually put a hamper on your happy ending, especially if it’s not permanent.” Good line

The juxtaposition of Garrus’ bedtime story and Shepard’s thoughts works perfectly.

It goes without saying that I can’t find any problems with the technical aspects of your writing, grammar and all that are fine.

This piece is well written, sweet and funny without being sappy, showing a side of these characters that we don’t usually see but still staying true to who they are. Well done.
Crazy Iemon chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
["

A/N: So. I'd just like to say that if Garrus isn't a LI in Mass Effect 2, I am going to cry bitter, angry tears. Now that that's said and done, I'd like to dedicate this to the ladies over at the BioWare forums! Garrus Love FTW and all that. This was supposed to be something completely different, but... this is what ended up happening! Enjoy!"]

Haha, I see a former Garrus fan has moved on to the smooth, cool Thane (Kismet)
Speakfire chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I really enjoyed this story. You've done a great job of capturing Garrus' concern and awkwardness, especially when climbing into the bed and getting comfortable. I like the notion that he sees her as something that's just beyond his reach-though YAY that's not entirely true thank you Bioware!
jeandark chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
That was really touch:) i hope for more..
Sentinel145 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Very good writing, it really paints the picture. You captured Garrus perfectly, everything he says is totally true to his character.
Thing With No Talent chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
That was awesome. Very well-characterized, funny, and cute. Garrus is adorable when he's flustered and trying to conceal it (usually does a pretty good job concealing it, too).

I think he is going to be a possibility. We'll have to wait and see, but if I interpreted interview remarks correctly... *Grin*
Lady Marionette chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
I love your writing and most especially your characterization of Garrus. He's so sweetly adorable in your fic. Looking forward to recruiting our dear Turian in ME2, and here's hoping Casey's words prove Garrus is an LI.
kali yugah chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
aw! love and i am soo mad that only tali will be serving with shephard in the game! i wanted mass effect to have a garrus and shephard romance
Fortune's Fool 1597 chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
*Squees*

I'm not really into fluffy stories...or at least I didn't think I was...evidently for Garrus I make an exception!

Nice work!

- (Scrimgeour10 on ME Forums!)