Reviews for The boy with the big green jacket
Kimmy chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Thanks for the fic, I remember seeing this film in the theatre with my mom and older brother (yeah, I'm old as dirt). My older brother was very much the 'Linderman' when I was a kid, so the movie really hit a soft spot in both of us. He even had a M-65 Army jacket too, although that became a HS fashion after the movie.

Good stuff, glad you guys liked this iconic film as much as I did.

P.S. to Mena

THERE'S A BOOK?
Mena In The Garden chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
There's a shortage of My Bodyguard fanfic. I'm so glad to see another story for this fandom! This was very sweet. I'm trying to recall if Beals's character has a name in the novelization. It's such a THIN book. (I just checked and nope, she's not even in there except for a black and white picture of the whole gang in the middle of the book.) Your story is really nice and the only thing I'd say to work on is the dialogue as it seems just a little bit on the younger side of the teens. I hope you will write more for this fandom, it can really use some stories.
Dayna chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Yeah, too lazy to log in. :p GREAT story G! I have to admit, I had to go to IMDB to make sure I knew who was who... haven't seen the movie in probably almost 30 years. (OMG! I didn't just admit that! aahh!) And of course, IMDB only has last names listed and not first so I had to reach way back in me memory... LOL. Who is Cartman, btw? He's not listed. oh well. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I got it and I loved this one shot. I love how you tell stories, especially where Adam Baldwin is concerned. :)

I loved the interplay between the kids and the deep sadness in Ricky's heart. And I loved the description of the scent on Eva's hankie. So vivid. :) I feel like a broken record, but once again, another great ditty. You Rock. :)
Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
I think this is one of my top favorite fics of yours so far! I could totally relate to Evie (great name for Jennifer Beal's character, by the way!) with being bi-racial and trying to find an identity for herself. I like the reference to her dancing (a nod to her future role in the Flashdance movie perhaps?) and I like her personality: troubled home life, a little shy, but upbeat and willing to take chances. A good match for our Ricky :) I really do enjoy the way you write Clifford and Shelly together. They do make a cute couple!

Awesome job as always!