Reviews for A Man Who Wants Nothing
Guest chapter 4 . 5/12/2014
Nicely done!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/3/2013
I just...I can't explain how great this story is.
DaisyJane chapter 3 . 2/23/2010
I love how Clark is enjoying being human even though he is only taking a placebo. So how did he shave if he didn't use his laser vision and a regular razor wouldn't have worked. I loved the shippy moment between BM and WW. You capture perfectly his desire and his shut done and then Diana's sad acceptance. The angst in beautifully done. Clark is going to be pissed at Bruce but I hope he realizes his importance in saving the day. And he did get to at least pretend to be human for awhile, that is kind of a gift. I can't wait to read the next chapter and how Lois helps settle the situation.
DYlogger chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
'Her cape swirled around her in brilliant defiance.'

Since when does Wonder Woman wear a cape? Or was it supposed to be metaphorical... Because using 'cape' in the superhero context makes me think literal.
Proponent of EVO chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
Batman! Biggest dick of all time.
kobez2.0 chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
This was a great update. You did a good job of showing how Clark felt about not being Superman anymore, and count of Bats to give Supermana placebo. I lol'd :D Although I am curoius how Clark was able to cut his foot with glass if his powers were still there?

Kairan1979 chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
So Batman replaced the cure with placebo? I'm expecting a lot of nasty words in the next chapter.
DaisyJane chapter 2 . 1/30/2010
I always wondered how Supes dealt with his ordeal with the Black Mercy. I really think that you capture the essence of Superman here in that he is just Clark, a regular guy with extraordinary powers. That is always been the big difference between he and Diana. Diana is a warrior born and raised and she lives to fight for peace. It is also the reason Lois is right for Clark because she loves the guy that he really is who is the simple farm boy who just wants to have his exciting and beautiful wife and a son he can raise to be a good man. Your right the Dr. Stacy is exactly evil just opportunistic. She is so lost in her job and research that she doesn't care about the cost to the world at losing Superman. I wonder if Clark becoming human will enable him to have children with Lois?
James631 chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
No bad at all. Good hold on the strings of the series. You do these characters credit to how Bruce and Dwayne formed them as. Very nicely done and am looking for more of it.
James631 chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Oh no, I always feared this day would come. Now that it is here, I must say you are doing a pretty good job at it. I loved that whole paragraph where Superman compared himself to Diana. A touch of the heart strings right there. Masterfully done. This is a most enjoyable story and has such merit as this could very well easily of happened to Superman after the Black Mercy event. I know I would be torn with such a choice. A job done very well.
k chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
Yay you updated! This story is wonderful so far. I see what you mean about Dr. Stacy - she's opportunistic but not malicious, like a lot of people. I love your Lois and her reaction to the farm. Clark better watch himself around those plates. One of the most poignant moments is when he wishes he could hug Martha more tightly - I can't imagine what it must be like to *not* be able to do that with someone you love so much, and let's face it, Clark is a man who feels a lot. You have a real knack for getting into Clark's inner life without being over the top - such was when certain things remind him of his dream. The sense of loss there is palpable. Good job - looking forward to more!
kobez2.0 chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
Wow, great update! I can't wait to see the next one.

P.S. you did a decent job of putting Lex in character.

k chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
this is a very good love letter indeed. your clark is spot-on, and even though it seems like this doctor should not be trusted, i can sympathize with clark's reasons. i have a feeling that he will go with the procedure and something bad will happen...eek! i look forward to seeing lois in the next chapter - there definitely aren't enough clark/lois stories, which is a shame because out of all of his possible love interests he definitely has the best chemistry with her. thanks for this! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Dr. STacy CANT be trusted! I can feel it in my bones, and hopefully Clark will figure this out sooner rather than later. He is very emotional here, but like you said he was under the spell of the black mercy so he must be very effected. I would also like more bmww so update soon please!
Lara-Van chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
No! Don't trust Dr. Stacy!

Excellent first chapter, and I'm looking forward to new ones soon!