Reviews for He Calls Me Son
miarath chapter 35 . 3/7/2013
It's wonderful yet heartbreaking painfully at times.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
LilyRose chapter 35 . 9/15/2012
Reading this story was very much enjoyable. Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character. You do an excellent job capturing Obi-Wan's indecision and uncertainty throughout the story. I look forward to reading your other fanfics. Thank you for writing.
Tandy Sandman chapter 35 . 8/14/2012
I really liked it. I especially appreciate the fact that you made Obi-Wan the hardened young man he became because the number of stories where I read that characters with past abuse still turned out to be kind and caring, not willing to hurt a soul. The psychology doesn't fit. Can't wait for your sequel!
Athar Riordan chapter 35 . 2/15/2012
This being the second time I have read this wonderful story, I realized that I had yet to review -.- And it is time I correct that.

Your story has become one of my personal favorite's (and they can only be counted on one one hand for the most part, barring sequels etc). You created a realistic plot and carried it out elegantly; leaving no room for loopholes and thus creating a believe-able alternative look into the lives of one of our favorite Master/Padawan pairings. My only complaint is the lack of a sequel xD

The relationship between Kale and Obi-Wan is excellent and I love the sibling type relationship Obi shares with Reed. Your OC's are well thought through and easily slip into the SW verse.

I hope you write more with Kale and Reed; it would be an interesting relationship to explore- particularly when it came to Kale juggling his life as a Jedi and mentor to Reed while also being a husband and father to Cera and Obi-Wan.

I also love how you brought in the dynamic of forging the Jinn/Kenobi Master/Padawan Friend/Mentor relationship. It's heart warming the way Obi sees Qui as a father figure, while at the same time acknowledging, that Kale still retains that more prominent parental role. The cameradie(sp?) Between the two, and the journey taken between the pair until the final chapter where Obi-Wan officially becomes Qui-Gons padawan, is its own self contained storyline that is subtle and easily slips into the main focus of Kale finding his son, and Obi-Wan working to get his life back. Qui-Gon is the pillar of strength Obi can unconsciously rely on, even if he isn't aware of it at first; the bond that forms unconsciously (a reference to Jedi Apprentice if I am not mistaken xD) is also a nice note - that and Qui's admission that he would have been Obi's mentor regardless of what happened- as it shows a level of trust between the teen and older Jedi that Obi held only with Jes over the seven years since Cera's death.

So now I will stop there and say once again how awesome your story is and like many other avid supporters (readers and reviewers alike) await news of the sequel that I'm sure will be just as good as this story.

Peace,

- Athar
Lokison347 chapter 35 . 11/29/2011
SEQUEL PLEASE
Thee-Unknown-Factor chapter 35 . 7/14/2011
Bravo. I LOVED it! Only took me a day to read the whole thing, and I might not have stopped for meals in between. LOL.

I really like how realistic you created Obi-Wan to be. The constant Mental and Moral struggles he went through.

Great job!
Kate Wicker chapter 35 . 3/18/2011
This story was so fantastic! Your characters all had so much depth, and the plot just pulled me right along! I think you did a wonderful job of helping Obi-Wan work though his issues, and not just 'magically' fixing him. The character development all around was just great! Definitely one of my favorite Star Wars fic's I've read here! Keep up the amazing work!
Athan Starclimber chapter 35 . 12/28/2010
it was great and I would be most pleased if you could add the title you are giving to the sequel.
Kenobigirl66 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Very interesting beginning, can't wait to read more. I like the way you've chosen to portray a potentially real life situation, no matter how grim. I love stories that touch on some aspect of the real world. Good beginning exposition of the setting and Obi-Wan's situation, well-written so far.
Obiwan456 chapter 35 . 6/27/2010
HI! While awaiting your next chapter on "Somewhere in the Middle" I decided to see what else you've written, and found this. You do like exploring Obi-Wans parentage, don't you? It's such an open topic as there is no (to my knowledge) anything in the official story that mentions it.

Anyway, Wow, you really painted a different portrait of Obi-Wan in this story. I enjoyed it, I'm glad he decided to become a Jedi and with Qui-Gon. I haven't looked yet, but did you, or are you still writing a sequel? I'm wondering about that senator..will he make trouble for Obi-Wan in the sequel (if there is one?)

Anyway, you put so much detail and thought into this story, I enjoyed it very much...good job. :)Obi's Mom
DigitalDreamn chapter 35 . 5/3/2010
I loved this story! It had such a depth of emotion that I was drawn in and couldn't help wondering how the characters where doing as I went about my daily life ;-)

I'd love to see a sequel :-)
little obi wan kenobi chapter 35 . 4/25/2010
This is the End, I cant believ it.

PLEASE write a sequel!

Wonderful story, please give me an alert, when the sequel start.
Tara La'Quinn chapter 35 . 4/24/2010
The End? The End? What! That's it? NO!

As you can see I /definitely/ DO NOT want this fic to end, thus PLEASE write a sequel!

As I've said before, this is and AWESOME epic tale, and one that I've had a GREAT time reading it! I've grown to love Kale and Reed as much as I adore Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I always appropriate a well-written story that has both excellent plot and characterization, your story has been exactly that! And I'm SO glad the Obi-Wan became a Jedi, that's AWESOME!

GREAT work, please write a sequel!
Trakrat chapter 35 . 4/23/2010
OHMYGOSH, IT'S OVER? Aw :( A sequel would be amazing! :D Please! :D Man... that was sudden... :( Still, great story, great ending, and i know (if you do it) that the sequel will be just as great! :D
MissCHSparkles chapter 35 . 4/23/2010
Yeah, I'd love a seqeul, this has been a great and refreshing story, taking a new storyline and turning it into something good.

Good luck on the seqeul, they can be hard sometimes, but I still look forward to it.