Reviews for Brave New World
viohanna chapter 22 . 4/25
epic thank you for sharing your work...hope to read more p
Aisucold chapter 22 . 4/4
this was a good story...sucks its abandoned
Afke chapter 22 . 3/30
such a shame this seems to be abondond. I love this story...
RoseGlass chapter 22 . 3/28
whoa. This story is epic! I hope you will pick it up again, I feel like you're are really only part way through the story, barely half. There's so much more that I'd love to see covered. Obviously the rest of the battle in Hogsmead needs to be addressed, then what? Will Harry and his friends get in trouble for making the hard decisions, realizing that when you fight in a war people die and that you could be one of them if you don't fight with everything you have, knowing it will come down to whether or not a person is willing to kill- not just die- kill, to keep their loved ones safe. I'm sure there will be a backlash from the Ministry and the Order, and then in Harry himself for becoming so filled with a hateful vengeance. I would imagine some kind of magical backlash. For every action an equal and opposite reaction, or the Witch's Creed "Do no harm." Then there's the fallout from revealing his homosexual relationship with Slytherin Blaise Zabini, deciding to join a coven in the Old Ways, introducting Hermione to them, Luna's prophecy of "12," Uncle Roarke and the suddenly discovered family, his failing friendship with the Weasley family except for the twins, and there hasn't been much from them yet. So you can how excited I am about this fic, and I would really love to see it continued.
Keep on writing!
Fleeting Flux chapter 22 . 3/10
Oh, please! You can't let this amazing fanfiction unfinished! PLEASEE! :'(
Yukino chapter 22 . 3/7
Your fiction was amazing !
Jay chapter 22 . 2/20
Please don't leave it like this! I just found your work and am disappointed you left this story like it is :( it absolutely amazing and I would love for you to continue it please! Thank you so much
HowlQuill790 chapter 22 . 12/7/2014
I'm about to start crying tears of desperation here:( This might be one of my favorite fics of any fandom, ever. And that's really saying something because I've been reading these for years. I'm a new fan of the Blaise/Harry ship and there are very few good fics about them so you can't imagine how excited I was by like the end of the first chapter of this one. I find Slytherin truly fascinating, especially the lesser known characters and I think this was a great exploration of them. Also, Sirius is my favorite character so I typically prefer fics where he's still alive but you did such a good job expressing Harry's emotions over his death and still giving them a relationship that I didn't mind that Sirius wasn't in the story. And I love that you did a balanced level of Dumbledore bashing. It's been years and I'm still unsure as to how I feel about him so I loved that this displayed his mistakes but didn't make him pure evil. And Harry standing up to Snape...probably one of my favorite parts. I know Snape is technically a good guy but he's still an asshole who truly should not be teaching children, let alone the neglected orphan of his school enemy.
Moving on to the old ways magic that you have going on, I love this. I read a couple of reviews that didn't like it because it was too religious or too cult-like and I completely disagree. And this is coming from someone who is fairly anti-religion and whose only cult-like activities consist of an obsession with fictional fandoms:). I think the old ways are more of a spiritual thing (which isn't necessarily religious) because I always kind of thought magic was a bit spiritual as well.
I honestly don't know why I'm reviewing, you probably wot read this judging by the fact you haven't updated in 4 years. But I first found this story on archive of our own and it was only 12 chapters and was updated about 8 months ago. So I'm hoping that you still care about this story at least a little bit and that maybe se praise and encouragement will inspire you? Please?
BeautifulCherryBlossom chapter 22 . 12/4/2014
What a stupid place to abandon an awesome story! Gah.
Deb chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
Too much bashing, much too much Super!Harry, a ridiculously meek Hermione, Super!Hawt!Super!Blaise is eyeroll inducing too. Otherwise nice read. A bit unwieldy, which might be a reason, it didn't get finished, but ends on an extreme cliffhanger.
angelalexiel16 chapter 22 . 11/8/2014
please update this is a really good story and I can't wait to read what happens next.
TheSoundOfWings chapter 17 . 10/20/2014
I think you’re a good writer, one can really get into the events, and the idea of the story is something new. I remember I started reading this fanfiction ages ago and dropping it, not remembering why for a long time. But I do now.
How should I put this... there are too many things that just don't sit well with me. The religious approach for one, like the morning blessings that Harry suddenly wants to perform because he read about it in a book. I'm not religious, so I really can't relate to such things and find them disconcerting. It also reads too much like a teenager falling for some kind of cult he newly discovers: Having troubles he thinks no one can understand/trauma, finding new friends who worship said cult and bring him into it, showing him compassion and being treating solely well by those people, while at the same time falling out with his former friends and family who he thinks don't understand him anymore, not seeing how he himself was not communicating his feelings/shutting them out, etc. Moreover, this cult sounds way too good to be true and Harry never pulls it into question, just believing every word of it - something that is VERY dangerous.
The other issue I have is the "Lord" thing, since I belief in social equality. That is something like a step back into the dark ages from my point of few… Such titles separate a small number of people from all others and emphasize that they think, and that everyone else should acknowledge, that they are and deserve something better than the rest. For Harry pretty OOC, even when taking into consideration how much he wants a connection with his family - he holds different views in canon.
Don't get me wrong - it's a good story. Above all the relationship between Blaise and Harry. They are the main reason I started this fanfiction and the reason I have read so far (I just love them). Your portrait of them is lovely and I want to know how their relationship develops. I also like the dynamics of Harry's friendships, even though they are a bit black and white. However, you started to diverge from that and I want to see where this is going.
lilRoses chapter 22 . 10/17/2014
oh Please update! its been 4 years. I just read the whole thing today. I'm dying to know what happens next! Such an evil cliffhanger.
unknown chapter 22 . 10/5/2014
just to let you I like your story but I felt like you are dragging a little too much. Also, you are making your story similar to others' story. The way how harry slowly start to not like many gryffindor and headmaster albus.
Anankastic Eosphoros chapter 22 . 9/17/2014
I adore this fic. The concept, your writing style, your detail in all things magic, the slow build up. Everything. Although its been four years since you last updated, and I sincerely doubt that you ever will, you did mention in your authors note that you would soon be updating with several new chapters. Soon ended four years ago. :) I'm grasping at straws, I know, but as said earlier, I adore this story and would love to read more.