Reviews for Brave New World
skullera chapter 10 . 1/24/2010
Oh my god, this story is amazing. Your writing is just so pleasing and fluid that the words simply lift off the page like images. I am actually quite shocked that there aren't more reviews. You have a good grasp of the wizarding traditions you're trying to portray (the magic blessings and rituals harry started to take part of really was a nice touch)and the characterization is just soo well thought out and complex. Most stories would explain Harry's slow change with a good deal of weasley and dumbledore bashing. But because you took the time to develop your characters, their reactions make sense and are beleivable, and most ogf all, are not simply to make them look bad, but to make them look human.

Ron's jealousy is a very big trait in his character and you've got him to a T, but also the regret and guilt of taking credit for the party was spot on, because once again, he took his friendship for granted. It's almost as if he expects Harry to take his crap and forgive him each time.

And yes, Harry not only forgive him, but allowed him to take full credit for an idea that was totally his, and that made me feel angry and annoyed. I hope that either Ron gets his act together and not only apologize but to bloody well grow up, or that the next time his jealousy rears its big head, Harry finally realises that Ron simply doesn't deserve him!

Woo... Let out a bit of steam there, lol.

As for Dumbledore, That man is so bloody complex that I don't know whether he's being truthful about his intentions, or whether he really is being as manipulative as it seems. Clever touch there I thought, because if Harry dosen't know Dumbledore's game, then that means we're also left in suspence. But please, let us know soon! It's killing me! Gr... Dumbledore hurt harry whether he had good intentions or not and it does show that even if he does care for harry, his thoughts are promanently on Harry training for the war and was ready to guilt him into seeing things his way.

The slytherins, i adore. Again, characterisation is full notch and i simply love tracy davies. The idea of the coven, which again goes back to wizarding traditions i spoke of earlier was just genius and so imginative.

And i absolutly LOVED Blaise putting Draco in his place. I was practically jumping up and down in extiment and was defenitly cheering when Draco could do nothing but admit defeat. That is a sign of a good writer, if your readers feel the emotions you want them to feel, then you know you did good.

Thank you for making Harry more mature and responsible. I much prefer you Harry then many others i have read, and hope his relationship with Blaise happens soon. Harry may be the chosen one, but he sure can be cluless!

Hope to see another chappie up soon. You seem to update very quickly, which is always a bonus with me.

Thank you for sharing this with us and keep it up!
riiaofwind chapter 10 . 1/24/2010
thanks for updating so fast. i really love this story and cant wait to see what will happen next every chapter have had suprises and i love how this story is going!
history chapter 10 . 1/24/2010
I like a lot this chapter!

I like a lot how you show what harry thinks ! The title of your fic it is ironic no . Brave new world : i think it is what harry thinks a the begining and now .A t the beginig it is because he find the wizarding world fabulous but now it is like a cage .

In this chapter ,i see how a lot of people think about harry : they think that harry know something because for them , dumbledor talks a lot with him .

I wonder how remus will react whe, he knows that dumbledor lies to him ...

For the futur heir of black , how the succesion wil be do ? Who is the other heir ? I think it is malfoy , no ?How is harri can be the heir of the black

I like how harry reacts about ginny : ginny semms to think she can do a lot of think with harry . It is because she tihinks she will be the netx mrs potter or for other thinks ?Because , mrs weasley is like that with his husband.

I find it sad that daphne can't be a lady because she is a woman . Will harry trie something for chnging that ? Will he talk about that at daphne ? Will his husband be the futur lord of greenglas or will he be his son?

I wait sith impatience the next chapter
Rhianona chapter 10 . 1/24/2010
Oh, Harry is way too nice to Ron. It's interesting seeing how he's negotiating the various politics of these situations. And watching Dumbledore handle him all wrong.
Yana5 chapter 9 . 1/23/2010
i bet dumbledore has it
Okami.Lupus chapter 9 . 1/23/2010
Hai!

I really enjoyed this story!

It is interesting, well written and original. Me Likey!

I am looking forward to more updates. So...PLEASE update as soon as you can!

Thanx!
A Love Affair chapter 9 . 1/22/2010
Ah! At last! A story where the sauve and confident Blaise Zabini is actually as advertised! I like how you maintain each character's personality throughout and appreciate your refreshing grasp of grammar. I hope you'll continue to update regularly because this fanfiction is certainly on my list of fics to watch!
attagrl chapter 9 . 1/22/2010
Glad that they're finally spending more time together...they're going to make the perfect match.
history chapter 9 . 1/22/2010
I love a lot your story ! If i were harry , i think i won't be friends with hermione and ron . Ron has a issue with the jealousy and hermione ask too many questions .

In the chapter 8 , i find that ron is not a good friend . Harry has a nightmare and he doesn't have any compasion for harry . I wonder about what h thinks about harry : does he ses the monaie and power or other things.

I love neville , why does he the best friends for harry ? When he comforts harry it is so good !

I wait with impatience the next chapter!
brightsun89 chapter 8 . 1/22/2010
I love it! I can't wait for Harry and Blaise to get together! please update soon!
attagrl chapter 8 . 1/21/2010
Holy sexy take no shit Blaise!

With all this 'standing up for ourselves' going on. I love it! But I'm curious how the lines are going to be dividing.
mumimeanjudy chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Perhaps if Hermione hadn't wanted Harry to "find out that way", she and Ron could have put off pawing each other on the train until after they had told him about their relationship. And then to insist on explaining to Harry how difficult his summer had been (as if he didn't know) would just rub it in. She must have spent TOO much time with Ron if that is the current level of her sensitivity to the feelings of others.
Rhianona chapter 7 . 1/20/2010
I'm liking this quite a bit. I like the independent minded Harry, the one who has realized he is just a soldier, one meant to win the war but not a person to so many. I also like the pace you've set for this. I look forward to reading future chapters.
attagrl chapter 7 . 1/20/2010
So couple things:

1. Can I assume that Neville will be playing a more intricate role in Harry's adventure? I hope so...I've always seen him the way you wrote him and have felt him much more deserving of the at-Harry's-side spot.

2. I like ballsy Harry! It's about time he stood up for himself...hope that continues as well!
attagrl chapter 4 . 1/19/2010
So we're reading the book...that's a start...but gr he needs new friends! Drug Ron, gag Moine and put an add in the daily prophet WTB New Friends (lol)
844 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 Next »