Reviews for Making The Point
RG2 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
"Mom, we just found out last week. I have nine months to go yet."

Really?
Dsman chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
most likely since kim got hit then ron will get hit
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Like another reviewer, I was wondering if you would next do a story in response about

Ron’s day with Mr. Dr. P. But I took the time to read Argus’ story. Your story IS the response. You sound like you’ve played a little tennis I was comforted by Argus’ assertion that he knew the game about as well as Ron did. I’ve dabbled in both games.

In golf, there were 3 of us sharing a single bag of clubs-much to the fury of the guy behind us who insisted on playing through and demanding to know how we dare even show up on the course. I also stepped in a water hazard. A laugh riot. How did I do in golf or in tennis? Lackluster would’ve been an improvement.

I like how you filled in the detail of the intervening years between Kim and Ron’s high school years and this point in their lives.

Would I sound like a pretentious know-it-all if I made this observation? Your writing style is not necessarily that of a novelist…not that I’m a pro myself. I cite off the top of my head Michael Howard. Your style is more what I would call plainspoken. I add that more people cite you as their fave author than they do me.

I said that to say this. You spent time on this story. This is polished. (I’m trying not to sound like a conceited showoff. You know the absolute esteem I hold you in)
EnterpriseCV-6 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
are there going to be more chapters or another story for Ron and .P?
Superstar chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Great story!

I will say that i would LOVE a follow-up story about James' reaction when Ron tells him though.
AmericanGecko chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
This is a wonderful story, and I bet Commander Argus would have loved it.
KiraSkywolf chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I love this! It's so awesome! I'm sorry about your friend though.
Reader101w chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Nice one-shot,

I've read 'the Auld game' and they run parallel well.

I would have expected Kim to be able to dodge that ball. Then again, her mother giving a grand slam headshot was probably very low on her list of things to expect.

Keep up the very good writing that you do,

reader101w
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
If Ron tells James that he's going to be a grandfather just as he swings his driver, the golf ball will wind up in the next county! Anne's reaction to Kim's announcement is perfect, Captain. And I like the way you fill in the background of how life has moved on, now that Ron & Kim are married and Tim & Jim are in college.

I liked Anne's announced line of action, now that Kim is pregnant. If anyone suggests that Kim take on a mission during the next year, they'll be lucky to be alive after Anne lets them know that There Will Be No More Missions for Kim until the baby is safely born. At the same time I wonder how the major villains will react to this sitch?

Finally, I think you should do another story on this subject, showing us how Ron breaks the news to Kim's father, and what his reaction will be. Maybe he'll put a golf ball in orbit? After all, "Anything is possible, for a Possible."

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

("Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson)
Aero Tendo chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
What a great story in honor of Commander Argus, who I am certain would have told you that you did a good job and thanked you for doing it in his honor.

I can really imagine what Ron's way of telling Kim's father would be like. Only on a much more crazy, Ron-style kind of way. It would be cool if you did such a sequel. :)

Thank you for writing the story and keep up the great work! :)
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
The plot bunnies love ya, man.
kp83 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
So cute! Sounds like something I would do to my mom... :-) Nice story!
whitem chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I liked this Captain. I guess timing really IS everything, huh?

I've been meaning to write a tribute for Commander Argus as well, but I just can't seem to think of a good enough idea. I hope something comes to me.

Until the next...
King in Yellow chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Sorry that I don't have more to say a nice little story with a touching tribute. Thanks.

KiY
Boris Yeltsin chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Good stuff.

I've played golf a few times, never tennis. What about you?

Do you take requests for stories?