Reviews for Rules
Wherever Girl chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Awwww, that last part was sad (though I recall something in the movie about him stating he didn't want to do it).

I remember reading another fic where Aladdin asked Genie to keep him young forever... but it turned out he didn't like it because the others grew old and died and everything, until Aladdin asked that Genie could kill him *peacefully in his sleep-wise* as Genie confessed that if he were to kill he would fade to oblivion, though was spared because he put an end to Al's suffering.

Anyway, I like this one better. It starts off sweet yet slowly becomes angst, yet also shows why immortality, though sounds cool, can really suck.
loophole chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
however, you can make them immortal
PirateWizardThief chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I love this! That last bit made me tear up quite a lot, though it made it all the more sweeter. I loved how Genie was so in character and I can just picture him telling someone that.
Haha",...your finances could decide to fly south for the winter at any time" I love that line! And I really like how you added Genie using 'Iago Sarcasm' Hilarious! Love this little story!
Triple Rainbow chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
You did a really good job. You stuck with the original character well and it was very believable. I liked how the last rule is the only one he has a problem with and your reason for it- because its too hard to say goodbye.
Chugwig chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Great story! I loved it. Two things though, when he said he can't bring back people from the dead but he said it is not a pretty sight so that may be a personal rule that allows him to bend rule 1 of the "Do whatever they say" but who knows. Number two though, why could he not give the 5 immortality or resistance to aging that seems within the rules or it at least bends rule 4. Oh well great story either way!
Panakeias chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Nice inner thoughs from Genie. All the fic I was trying to remember which was the last rule (at first I though it was travel to the past, latter stop time, and at the end to make people inmortal). It's someway sad Al and the others can't share all the time the Genie would like to, but they'll probably wouldn't like to be bringt back from death.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
I haven't really read any other fanfics in Aladdin, but I do remember how the Genie was portrayed in both the movie and the cartoon series, and it seemed to me he was more of a humorous figure in the series. In the movies, though, he had a serious side to him that seemed to make him a bit more real, and I think you did a good job in showing that here.
inuyashaxkagome321 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Wow. This was really good. Poor Genie...
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This is avery fascinating fic from the Genie's Perspective.
Pyro The Harbinger Of Chaos chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Why doesn't he just stop them from aging? Its a work around. a loophole.
Twylyte chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Dang that is so sad. So very very sad. I'm sad now...
liebedero chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I would never have thought of it that way. way to bring new light from Genie's eyes!
FantasyTrain chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Wow, this was really really good! I love it! :') 3
Lisa Jane chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Beautiful, very well-written and touching from the Genie's point of view. An interesting perspective and change of mind of his, considering in the movie he states in the movie that he doesn't really like the idea of bringing people back from the dead.

Lovely!
Agrotera Thanatos chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
That was wonderfully written. I could just HEAR Genie speaking in the story. It also shows the consequences of being an immortal spirit.

Very well done.