Reviews for Rules
CMR Rosa chapter 1 . 9/14/2016
Wow just wow, amazing story, I never thought about this topic until I read this story, it was interesting to see Genie thoughts on the rules, I can under why Genie would be mostly ok with them, like he said those they limit the freedom he had, they also limit the damage he can cause, Genie no prude, I don,t think he would be above bending or breaking a few rules but he would recognize the rules keep him from doing horrible things, now on the last rule and the fact that Genie going to outlive all his friends, like I said it was not a topic I normally thought of, but at the same time was not blind to either, it one of the things you don,t think about normally, it was interesting to see Genie deal with the fact that someday he will outlive all his friends and how he has to accept that and hate the last rule because he powerless to bring them back, the lines that really Tear me up was Genie talking about time and Genie revealing he had other masters who beg him to break the rule and now he understand why they were so desperate.
MayContainHyjinks chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
Dear Bookworm Gal,

Wow. Just wow. You managed to catch Genie and expand upon him. This was awesome! Double thumbs up!

Thanks for the story
-Hyjinks
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 7/1/2016
Nice perspective :)
VioletandImpmon798 chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
I've considered something along these lines for genies. Love your work :).
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
Great. I like that kind of fanfiction, spawn from a little creative theory. I'd love to get to read more like this one.
Wherever Girl chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Awwww, that last part was sad (though I recall something in the movie about him stating he didn't want to do it).

I remember reading another fic where Aladdin asked Genie to keep him young forever... but it turned out he didn't like it because the others grew old and died and everything, until Aladdin asked that Genie could kill him *peacefully in his sleep-wise* as Genie confessed that if he were to kill he would fade to oblivion, though was spared because he put an end to Al's suffering.

Anyway, I like this one better. It starts off sweet yet slowly becomes angst, yet also shows why immortality, though sounds cool, can really suck.
loophole chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
however, you can make them immortal
PirateWizardThief chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I love this! That last bit made me tear up quite a lot, though it made it all the more sweeter. I loved how Genie was so in character and I can just picture him telling someone that.
Haha",...your finances could decide to fly south for the winter at any time" I love that line! And I really like how you added Genie using 'Iago Sarcasm' Hilarious! Love this little story!
Triple Rainbow chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
You did a really good job. You stuck with the original character well and it was very believable. I liked how the last rule is the only one he has a problem with and your reason for it- because its too hard to say goodbye.
Chugwig chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Great story! I loved it. Two things though, when he said he can't bring back people from the dead but he said it is not a pretty sight so that may be a personal rule that allows him to bend rule 1 of the "Do whatever they say" but who knows. Number two though, why could he not give the 5 immortality or resistance to aging that seems within the rules or it at least bends rule 4. Oh well great story either way!
Kaeru Lapin chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Nice inner thoughs from Genie. All the fic I was trying to remember which was the last rule (at first I though it was travel to the past, latter stop time, and at the end to make people inmortal). It's someway sad Al and the others can't share all the time the Genie would like to, but they'll probably wouldn't like to be bringt back from death.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
I haven't really read any other fanfics in Aladdin, but I do remember how the Genie was portrayed in both the movie and the cartoon series, and it seemed to me he was more of a humorous figure in the series. In the movies, though, he had a serious side to him that seemed to make him a bit more real, and I think you did a good job in showing that here.
inuyashaxkagome321 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Wow. This was really good. Poor Genie...
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This is avery fascinating fic from the Genie's Perspective.
Pyroclastic flow chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Why doesn't he just stop them from aging? Its a work around. a loophole.