Reviews for Off the Deep End
tkelparis chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Ah, a sequel to "Hell." Too bad she didn't leave... She is delusional... Your Doctor in this ficverse wouldn't burn a sun to say goodbye, would he? Because he'd have to break Rose's faith in him, and that's a good way to start. Or... he could demand Mickey stay to help with the levers, and call it "keeping Rose safe from the Void." She might buy it...

I like how you have him and Jackie talking. Ooh! Imagine HER as the companion! What a different dynamic! What a different outcome!
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Jackie FTW! She's the only New Who mother I have any tolerance for, unless Amy's mom turns out to be more promising than that little snippet of her we saw was her at her worst... Seriously, though, I love Jackie to bits, and I look forward to reading all the Jackiefic in your collection... :)
madeye harry chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Once again you've excelled yourself.

You've pointed out Rose's most horrid qualities in a few sentences. Even better, Jackie AGREES with the doctor. Far better, she even has a few examples of her selfish qualities to share with the time lord.

The bit about her wanting things Jackie couldn't afford - that part implied that the Tyler women were not royalty was brilliant. Rose - the Rose you portray in these onshot alternatives - seems to believe that life revolves around her; the fact it doesn't cos her mum is not super rich is not a problem as she gets the next best thing. Poor Mickey. I don't see how the Doctor being the last of his kind, with access to a dimensionally transcendental time and space machine is a good thing - I would've thought being the last of my kind was bad. Then again, Rose is selfish and delusional and cares only about herself. Something else you've included in this oneshot about. I like the fact Jackie agrees with the Doctor about the way Rose pretty much raped him and how it was wrong.
Lutricity chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This is something very original, never sen anything like it myself, and of course that makes it interesting. Tho it is something I could o-so-easily flame, it has a strong emotional response for most on this site. It is ooc, but tons of things are. You are a good writer, a thought provoking fic!
pipinheart chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Nice...

You feel for both the Doctor and jackie here. Rose has become reckless, and the Doctor is tired of this, and Jackie want to help him...