Reviews for Damaged Goods
Evil Cosmic Triplets chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
I really enjoyed reading this. It's a very believable scenario. I like how Max characterized their relationship. Nicely done.
Snarling Darling chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Don't sully this site with you gross worship crap.
l chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Hey this was really good but i wish there were more Max/Alec romance. Thanks for this, i love hurt Alec fics, they make a lot of sense to me considering he's been in manticore so much longer than Max and had worse things happen to him. Max/Alec ftw! ;D
Target Zero chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed and I thought you got the characters spot on. Well done.
fifimom chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
nicely done. thanks for sharing.
Gerri chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Good story; well written!

Now that you mention it, I *do* wonder why there aren't as many fics considering the possibilities of long-term damage from Psy-Ops.

And also... I think Alec might actually have gone through Psy-Ops *thrice* instead of twice. Once after '09 and once after the Berrisford assignment, yeah, but let's not forget the "six months in Psy-Ops" after Ben?

But hey, your fic works all the better for it. I suppose three times makes him all the more likely to be a candidate for some permanent damage, the poor boy.
src13 chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Aw. I liked it. Great job!
forrealihatethissite chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Aw baby! I loved it!
flavumetrubrum chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Great job! I really like it!
vendettawinchester chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Great job!I really enjoyed it! :)
Sweet Cocoa chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I really loved this story! you could really feel Alec's pain and how Max felt for him. Great Stuff!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I TOTALLY LOVED this, but you knew I would. It's right up my alley. Pain, suffering, angst. My favorite triple threat combo! I loved the concept, of course, that all that Alec had gone through by Psy-ops, twice no less, could have left him damaged and he's been suffering in silence. And you know I LOVED Max's ministrations. It was the perfect story to read for me, needing some good suffering to enjoy.

It started as a dull ache behind his eyes. It always did. Alec knew the signs well enough to recognize them by now.

-sigh...

That’s when Alec knew he couldn’t ignore it anymore.

He closed his eyes tightly until the agony finally eased to a more manageable level, then got up unsteadily from the bench he was sitting on and headed for the main desk.

-sighing again

He was almost tempted to ask Sketchy or OC to come with him, just to make sure that he didn’t plant his face in the pavement. But if he did that, they’d tell Max about it - and he didn’t want her to know.

-so typical, yet so selfless in a way.

Suddenly, Alec was pushing himself up and stumbling to the bathroom. The sounds of retching followed a moment later. Max stayed frozen for a half a second longer, then went in after him. She moved next to him awkwardly, not touching, but close enough to be there if he needed her.

When Alec was finally finished, he just stood there, eyes still closed, the hand he had braced against the wall the only thing keeping him upright.

“Alec?” she asked hesitantly.

“What are you doing here, Max?” he demanded. His voice was rough, strained.

-okay, you know I enjoyed this.

“I’m not leaving until you tell me what’s going on.”

Alec’s eyes finally opened, and he studied her for a long moment. It seemed like he wanted to keep arguing with her, but he was too tired to put up much of a fight. He sighed heavily.

“I get migraines sometimes,” he admitted.

“Migraines?” Max repeated.

-sigh...

“How-” she started.

“Psy-Ops.” Max felt her stomach lurch a little at that, and Alec gave a short, bitter, bark of laughter that hurt to hear. “Re-indoctrination. Apparently, getting the full treatment twice can have some nasty, long-term side-effects.”

Twice? Why would they…?

Just like that, Max’s genetically enhanced brain gave her the answer.

Once in ‘09. Once after Rachel.

Suddenly, Max felt like she was the one who was gonna be sick.

She swallowed hard.

-fantastic! Wonderful! Heavy duty sigh!

Alec swayed on his feet, and Max reached out to steady him. She waited until he stopped looking like he was gonna fall over, then walked to the sink and filled a glass with water for him, so he could rinse out his mouth. When he was done, she tugged on his arm, pulling towards the doorway.

“Max-”

“Just shut up and let me help you,” she said without any real heat.

He gave up resisting and let her lead him to his bedroom. It said how awful he felt that he didn’t even make any smart remarks about it. Alec was leaning on her heavily by they time they reached his room, his pale features pinched in pain, eyes dark and strangely bright.

- you know that I thoroughly enjoyed this!

“I’m sorry,” she said softly, not really sure what she was apologizing for.

For being the reason her unit had escaped? For unwittingly playing a part in what Manticore had done to him? For the way she always thought the worst of him?

For all of it?

“Not your fault.”

Max’s gaze darted back to Alec. His eyes were closed again, and in the darkness of the room, he almost looked gray.

-so like Alec to make Max feel better

“Swallowed about a dozen Advil once. Didn’t do any good. Our metabolisms burn through things too fast.” He sighed, rubbing at his eyes wearily. “Look, Max. I’m fine. I’ll just deal with it like I always do.”

Alone.

Alec hadn’t said that, but Max still heard it. She heard the dismissal in it, too. It stung a little, but she didn’t take it personally - not really. Manticore had taught them that you couldn’t show weakness. Ever.

-*sniffle. So brave and unselfish. My kind of guy.

“Hey, Max?”

She turned around.

“Yeah?”

Alec’s eyes were opened into slits, but the gratitude in them was sincere. “Thanks.”

-aw

Loved every word and moment! Great job!

Thanks for letting me enjoy the suffering.
nexus432 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Great fic!
Fenris5000 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Loved your story! I've been looking for one like this ever since I started reading Dark Angel FanFiction. Thanks for writing it!
Nehasupnfan chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Aw...this was so sweet! Now, why didn't the writers of Dark Angel have scenes like this in the show? I'm telling you, scenes like these would have definitely increased their ratings and upped their chances of a season 3 and we could have gotten our Malec storyline in season 3..*sigh*

I loved this! The dialogues were perfect and the underlying emotions were great! I could actually feel Alec's pain..Poor boy has been through hell...:(

Great work! Loved it! Waiting to read more from you and yes, I'm waiting on the sequel to 'Move Magic'!:D