Reviews for Not Set In Stone
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 10 . 2/1
I am still confused about WHY they had to go to such lengths to disguise James though? I mean, I really don't get it- that is- what was that about being Voldy's soldier? And what spell did Voldy cast on him? I'm so confuuuuusedd!
Was that offhand comment about being "frozen in time" actually the explanation, or was there supposed to be more and they didn't know, or I don't know!?
I don't get why they had to keep him a secret!?

Good story, except for the build up for a sudden reveal that ended up not-so-sudden and something I'm still confused over!? !? !?
M.K Niazi chapter 10 . 1/1
LOVED IT TO BITS! Hope that tells u enough But srsly Neurotica, I have hated these, James waking up from being dead and time travels but I don't know ... You wrote this so elegantly with suspence that left us shaking in our seats that it was actually worth reading it! But I swear I'm not going to read another story like this unless it is is written by you:) And to be honest, Im saying the truth, I dont flatter
M.K Niazi chapter 8 . 1/1
OMFG! ARE YOU BLOODY TRYING TO KILL US WITH THE SUSPENSE?! You are so cruel ... So damn cruel! You leave us here, hanging off a cliffie and we can't stop ourselves screaming from anticipation. I love it it! I've read each and every chapter of your every story! THEY ARE DAMN GOOD!
Nicolas Long chapter 10 . 5/22/2014
Well, I can't say that I hated it but I certainly didn't like it; though probably not for the you think.

The reason I didn't like it had to do with Dumbledore and the way that everyone treated him as God (not a god, the God). Dumbledore had no right kidnapping Harry (or sending Hagrid to do so) and after James came back he had no right keeping him with the Dursley's (there was no point in those wards because Voldemort himself wouldn't have even been slowed by them, especially after the resurrection using Harry's blood).

However, James just goes along with it like Harry's happiness and safety didn't matter; I say safety because despite Dumbledore claims of protection emotional, mental, and verbal abuse are just as damaging, if not more so, then physical abuse (which I wouldn't discount the Dursley's doing). There was nothing good about keeping Harry there except to keep his spirit low and keep him malleable to suggestion (like how great Dumbledore is and wouldn't you just love to follow his orders, after all he 'saves' you from them each year).

Dumbledore simply had no say in where Harry was supposed to be placed, nor did he have any say in keeping him there (despite all his claims of being his 'magical guardian' he never once provided any proof; I can claim I'm the Queen of England, it won't make it true). Regardless of all these facts, everyone keeps doing his bidding and following his orders. James should have just taken Harry and left, it was none of Dumbledore's business.

They all need to remember that Dumbledore is the head of their justice system but never once tried to get a trial for Sirius; they should have asked why. Another thing to remember is that 'blood wards' are blood magic and, as such, are considered dark; interesting isn't it, how easily they overlook all of Dumbledore's flaws and crimes because he's so 'Light'. If he gave the Order of the Phoenix member tattoo maybe then people would realize just who that 'great' man resembled.

He preaches the 'greater good' but sacrifices little of himself (anyone can claim to feel remorse for their 'necessary actions but it doesn't mean that they feel it); also remember, just who used that line before (Gindelwald). Interesting fact isn't it, that out of the last two Dark Lords Dumbledore was involved with both of them (directly in Gellert's case). Do you know who you else preached 'greater good'? Hitler, who only killed the Jews because of how 'impure' they were; he also expected them to be accepting of it because it was going to make the future better.

I can't see/read about Dumbledore and not recall Ollivander's words to Harry: terrible; yes, but great; some deeds are only for selfish reasons (Voldemort) and some deeds are for the betterment of the future (Dumbledore) but they both accomplish the same evil to their victims. Harry has been screwed over by both of those 'great men' but which is the most 'evil' (not dark, evil): the one who proudly proclaims himself dark, or the one who claims that he cares but still proceeds on a path that he knows will hurt you.

People who know about or suspect abuse and do nothing are just as guilty as those who do it; Dumbledore's inaction towards the Dursley's basically condoned their behavior as acceptable. You'll remember that Harry 'protection detail' didn't happen until other people became concerned about him (and Dumbledore became concerned that Harry might not stay with them) but they never interfered so in essence all they did was ensure that Harry stayed inside with them, just like jailers to a prison.

I know it would have been a shorter story if James had done his duty (and supposedly his desire) and taken Harry but I would have enjoyed it more. I'm sorry for the length of this 'rant', I just really dislike how everybody either overlooks the damage that Dumbledore has caused or forgives him because 'the greater good' was more important than a little discomfort on other people's part. If the cowardly wizards of the first war had actually fought Voldemort wouldn't have been as powerful as he was, and if the hypocritical cowards of Harry's time would have gotten their heads out of their asses and not offer him (Harry) up like a scapegoat he would have been taken down earlier and with less damage.

Dumbledore may be fond of the saying: the choice between what's right and what's easy, but I'm fond of "when good men do nothing it's evil enough"; the wizarding world is supposedly filled with 'good men' but few of them did anything, and fewer still did it for the 'right' thing/reason. Harry should never have been made a martyr just because they didn't want to face reality and fight for themselves.

This is point totally unrelated to the story but is also another point against Dumbledore in my mind. There was nobody but Harry, the Potter's, and Voldemort there that Halloween; the Potter's died, Voldemort was unable to communicate with anyone, and Harry was too young to say anything about what happened. is it that literally Everybody in the wizarding world not only knew that Voldemort vanished but that Harry had anything to do with it, let alone survived.

I realize that Hagrid was the one to retrieve Harry but who sent him, how did he know what happened, and more importantly why Hagrid. If you were this supposedly great and wise leader wouldn't you have sent a wizard to protect the 'savior' instead of a man who can't even do magic? Either Dumbledore told everybody or Hagrid did, and he only could have because Dumbledore sent him there; if Dumbledore wanted 'discretion' he would have sent someone else.

If Dumbledore had truly cared about Harry, and didn't see him as simply a weapon, he would have never said what happened that night; in fact, he wouldn't have even said that there were survivors, just that through the Potter's sacrifice Voldemort's reign ended. People would still have got their happy ending, and nobody would have looking for Harry. He would have simply been an orphan of war and could have been placed with a wizarding family, without risk of him 'getting a big head because of his fame'.

Even though I didn't care for the story, I do easily admit that you are a very good writer and I do thank you for not only taking the time to create this (I fully acknowledge that few share my exact point of view on Dumbledore) but I also thank you for taking the time to post it for our enjoyment (and criticism). Keep up the good work.
Jane doe chapter 10 . 8/30/2013
WOW. I love it. WOW. WOW. Emmazing. Fantastic. WOW. Great job : )
Noura chapter 3 . 8/7/2013
Ken is James isnt he?
sherryola chapter 1 . 3/1/2013

I read most of this story last night and got up and finished it this morning over my first cup of coffee. I loved it! My favorite HP fics are those in which Sirius lives or is freed to raise Harry in some way. I've looked for a long time for fics with James surviving or coming back, and there are damn few of them, or at least I'm not finding them. Though there were times I was frustrated-and Dumbledore never did seem to explain why he wanted it hidden-this story made me so happy. Just thinking of Harry having his father and godfather and Moony, oh my. i've never been a big fan of Lily. I think JKR made her out to be too perfect and bashed all fahters except for arthur. I was raised by my own father, so I'm particularly fond of the father figures in harry's life, particularly Sirius or James. Your story entertained me, touched me, made me laugh and made me smile. i'd love to see a sequel, see how you'd envision things going in the future if Harry had his father and a free sirius in his life. In the meantime, I'm going to read all your other stories,a nd i'll do better at reviewing! Thanks for a great story.

forTheLoveOfHades chapter 10 . 8/23/2012
sweetnsarcastic chapter 10 . 5/3/2012
OMG! I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT! You are great writer and this is a great story
The First Marauder chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Your an absolute Genius. I love this story! In about the fourth or fifth chapter I thought that Ken was james but then I dismissed the idea as impossible and then BAM! you managed to make it possible for james to come back to life! as I said before genius. This story is really very clever.
Lupin123 chapter 10 . 12/2/2011
Had this in my "to-read" folder since forever...finally got around to it. Holy crap, did I love it! I figured out pretty early that James was back from the dead (I think at the first mention of something seeming familiar)...but did not know how you were going to go about explaining it. :) If you ever do write a can be assured that I would love to read it! :D
TMI2011 chapter 10 . 11/14/2011
I should have been able to guess the character early on, but can honestly say I had no clue. Loved the Elvendork reference and anagram.
fucknickelback chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I'm slapping myself right now! I opened up the first chapter of this story in a web page like two days ago, and I have a habit of leaving my browsers up and just closing my laptop and reopening it. Anyway, I'm just now reading this and I've forgotten what the summery was. So, after I read the (awesome) first chapter, I was intrigued enough to check out the summery. And then I read the last two words. So now, I have to read this entire story (because I'm just so dang intrigued and you seem like SUCH a good author) knowing that it has NO SLASH! :(

There were hidden compliments in there, if you're unsure. :P

Yours upset,

PrincessSkywalkerOrgana chapter 10 . 7/1/2011
awww. I am really sorry that I didn't read this story until now. I kinda figured given the summary that I wouldn't like it. I should have tried it out especially as you are an author whose stories I always love.

I don't think you have written anything that I haven't liked. I hope you keep writing.
DS chapter 10 . 6/1/2011
Short and sweet! In just ten chapters, you managed to write very a beautiful story! I particularly enjoyed the characters of Sirius and Remus in this. The thing I don't understand is, why exactly did Dumbledore banned James to confide in his friends and his son? Also, if all it took was James walking in to the ministry with Peter, why didn't the order do it before? And how did Voldemort forget about something so important?

Anyway, questions aside, I enjoyed the story very much and look forward to a sequel of how the reunited Potters and friends overcome Voldemort!