Reviews for Not Set In Stone
madval29 chapter 10 . 6/14
I hope James gets the chance to be a father figure for Harry. Great story!
madval29 chapter 9 . 6/14
Well that'll probably shut everyone and their objections up. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 8 . 6/14
What the heck? Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 7 . 6/14
Reveal himself? What does that mean. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 6 . 6/14
I wonder what Remus will discover. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 5 . 6/14
Well that was a harsh reality check. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 4 . 6/14
Seems as though Sirius is a little jealous. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 3 . 6/14
At least they'll all be together. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 2 . 6/14
I'dn seems like a good guy. Great chapter!
madval29 chapter 1 . 6/14
Maybe this guy has some connection to Harry. Great chapter!
RandomShtScinceWhenever chapter 8 . 2/12
IT'S JAMES!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 10 . 2/1/2015
I am still confused about WHY they had to go to such lengths to disguise James though? I mean, I really don't get it- that is- what was that about being Voldy's soldier? And what spell did Voldy cast on him? I'm so confuuuuusedd!
Was that offhand comment about being "frozen in time" actually the explanation, or was there supposed to be more and they didn't know, or I don't know!?
EHHHH!?
I don't get why they had to keep him a secret!?

Good story, except for the build up for a sudden reveal that ended up not-so-sudden and something I'm still confused over!? !? !?
Evanescence27 chapter 10 . 1/1/2015
LOVED IT TO BITS! Hope that tells u enough But srsly Neurotica, I have hated these, James waking up from being dead and time travels but I don't know ... You wrote this so elegantly with suspence that left us shaking in our seats that it was actually worth reading it! But I swear I'm not going to read another story like this unless it is is written by you:) And to be honest, Im saying the truth, I dont flatter
Evanescence27 chapter 8 . 1/1/2015
OMFG! ARE YOU BLOODY TRYING TO KILL US WITH THE SUSPENSE?! You are so cruel ... So damn cruel! You leave us here, hanging off a cliffie and we can't stop ourselves screaming from anticipation. I love it it! I've read each and every chapter of your every story! THEY ARE DAMN GOOD!
Nicolas Long chapter 10 . 5/22/2014
Well, I can't say that I hated it but I certainly didn't like it; though probably not for the you think.

The reason I didn't like it had to do with Dumbledore and the way that everyone treated him as God (not a god, the God). Dumbledore had no right kidnapping Harry (or sending Hagrid to do so) and after James came back he had no right keeping him with the Dursley's (there was no point in those wards because Voldemort himself wouldn't have even been slowed by them, especially after the resurrection using Harry's blood).

However, James just goes along with it like Harry's happiness and safety didn't matter; I say safety because despite Dumbledore claims of protection emotional, mental, and verbal abuse are just as damaging, if not more so, then physical abuse (which I wouldn't discount the Dursley's doing). There was nothing good about keeping Harry there except to keep his spirit low and keep him malleable to suggestion (like how great Dumbledore is and wouldn't you just love to follow his orders, after all he 'saves' you from them each year).

Dumbledore simply had no say in where Harry was supposed to be placed, nor did he have any say in keeping him there (despite all his claims of being his 'magical guardian' he never once provided any proof; I can claim I'm the Queen of England, it won't make it true). Regardless of all these facts, everyone keeps doing his bidding and following his orders. James should have just taken Harry and left, it was none of Dumbledore's business.

They all need to remember that Dumbledore is the head of their justice system but never once tried to get a trial for Sirius; they should have asked why. Another thing to remember is that 'blood wards' are blood magic and, as such, are considered dark; interesting isn't it, how easily they overlook all of Dumbledore's flaws and crimes because he's so 'Light'. If he gave the Order of the Phoenix member tattoo maybe then people would realize just who that 'great' man resembled.

He preaches the 'greater good' but sacrifices little of himself (anyone can claim to feel remorse for their 'necessary actions but it doesn't mean that they feel it); also remember, just who used that line before (Gindelwald). Interesting fact isn't it, that out of the last two Dark Lords Dumbledore was involved with both of them (directly in Gellert's case). Do you know who you else preached 'greater good'? Hitler, who only killed the Jews because of how 'impure' they were; he also expected them to be accepting of it because it was going to make the future better.

I can't see/read about Dumbledore and not recall Ollivander's words to Harry: terrible; yes, but great; some deeds are only for selfish reasons (Voldemort) and some deeds are for the betterment of the future (Dumbledore) but they both accomplish the same evil to their victims. Harry has been screwed over by both of those 'great men' but which is the most 'evil' (not dark, evil): the one who proudly proclaims himself dark, or the one who claims that he cares but still proceeds on a path that he knows will hurt you.

People who know about or suspect abuse and do nothing are just as guilty as those who do it; Dumbledore's inaction towards the Dursley's basically condoned their behavior as acceptable. You'll remember that Harry 'protection detail' didn't happen until other people became concerned about him (and Dumbledore became concerned that Harry might not stay with them) but they never interfered so in essence all they did was ensure that Harry stayed inside with them, just like jailers to a prison.

I know it would have been a shorter story if James had done his duty (and supposedly his desire) and taken Harry but I would have enjoyed it more. I'm sorry for the length of this 'rant', I just really dislike how everybody either overlooks the damage that Dumbledore has caused or forgives him because 'the greater good' was more important than a little discomfort on other people's part. If the cowardly wizards of the first war had actually fought Voldemort wouldn't have been as powerful as he was, and if the hypocritical cowards of Harry's time would have gotten their heads out of their asses and not offer him (Harry) up like a scapegoat he would have been taken down earlier and with less damage.

Dumbledore may be fond of the saying: the choice between what's right and what's easy, but I'm fond of "when good men do nothing it's evil enough"; the wizarding world is supposedly filled with 'good men' but few of them did anything, and fewer still did it for the 'right' thing/reason. Harry should never have been made a martyr just because they didn't want to face reality and fight for themselves.

This is point totally unrelated to the story but is also another point against Dumbledore in my mind. There was nobody but Harry, the Potter's, and Voldemort there that Halloween; the Potter's died, Voldemort was unable to communicate with anyone, and Harry was too young to say anything about what happened. So...how is it that literally Everybody in the wizarding world not only knew that Voldemort vanished but that Harry had anything to do with it, let alone survived.

I realize that Hagrid was the one to retrieve Harry but who sent him, how did he know what happened, and more importantly why Hagrid. If you were this supposedly great and wise leader wouldn't you have sent a wizard to protect the 'savior' instead of a man who can't even do magic? Either Dumbledore told everybody or Hagrid did, and he only could have because Dumbledore sent him there; if Dumbledore wanted 'discretion' he would have sent someone else.

If Dumbledore had truly cared about Harry, and didn't see him as simply a weapon, he would have never said what happened that night; in fact, he wouldn't have even said that there were survivors, just that through the Potter's sacrifice Voldemort's reign ended. People would still have got their happy ending, and nobody would have looking for Harry. He would have simply been an orphan of war and could have been placed with a wizarding family, without risk of him 'getting a big head because of his fame'.

Even though I didn't care for the story, I do easily admit that you are a very good writer and I do thank you for not only taking the time to create this (I fully acknowledge that few share my exact point of view on Dumbledore) but I also thank you for taking the time to post it for our enjoyment (and criticism). Keep up the good work.