Reviews for Chances Are
Z3R0-TH3-H3R0 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
*defeated sigh* I feel you Ritsu... Deeply... :( that was beautiful... But the ending killed me :'( why mio...?
StormBrisingr chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
Heart. Shatter. Seriously, this was really quite the tear-jerker. Just... All I can say is: amazing job.
mitsu4ever chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
somehow i always feel a bit melancholic whenever i reread this fic (yes, i reread a lot of your fics. i especially love your w world. ). but at the same time i can't help but imagine how it would be if there was some sort of sequel for this and mitsu successfully happens... or if someone makes a 'fic for this fic,' meaning someone writes a fanfic, specifically for this fanfic, where mitsu happens. i lean more toward the sequel, but i know that's only my wishful thinking and hopeless addiction to mitsu

anyway, your writing style is pretty unique and i like that. i'm looking forward for more of your mitsu fics. :)
StuffedLion chapter 2 . 12/7/2010
Death by angst, much? Urf, I'm off to read your other stuff. I need well written happiness. Bittersweet writing is awesome, but it kills.
spicyrollin chapter 2 . 11/29/2010
First of all, I want to say that I've been a fan of your writing for a while now. I apologize for not reviewing earlier, I'm really lazy and I usually just quickly fav stories that catch my eye with the intention of reviewing them later. You're one of my favourite Mitsu authors, so I had to come back to review this!

"She closes her eyes and another memory is added. She only misses this one when she dreams with her eyes open. For it never existed."

I'm kind of confused, was she actually sleeping, or just daydreaming or something?

The Tokyo/Kyoto thing…does it mean that for a moment, Ritsu unintentionally became part of Mio's new life in Tokyo, despite her efforts to forget her, the past and Kyoto?

By the end of the story, Mio is still unaware of Ritsu's feelings for her, am I right? That's why she's trying to cut all ties to get over her, because she thinks her love isn't reciprocated? Sorry, I need clarification, I'm slow! D:

The story is so very well written, but it's so heartbreaking…it was really painful to read. I both love and hate it because it moved me deeply and made me feel so many conflicting emotions. :(

I love the structure in which the story unfolds, the way the memories weave together and also how you included both Ritsu and Mio's POV. Beautiful writing!

I've determined that I can't really take unresolved angst. It makes me really depressed when I read it because it hits too close to home for me. It's a harsh reminder of how reality can be; the frequent instances of unspoken feelings, lost chances, regrets and the fact that not everyone gets a happy ending. However, I just can't stop myself from reading angst when the story is so well written! So curse you…and bless you, you're an amazing writer who possesses the ability to really draw readers into your stories.

"Mio brushes away eight memories.

They cling like spider webs."

I absolutely love those last lines…it shows how difficult it is for Mio to forget those memories and how she won't be able to cut off ties with Ritsu and the past completely.

This story really got to me, I seriously moped around the whole day after reading it LOL.

Please no more, I don't think my heart can take it haha!
SouthpawSwordfighter chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Sadistic Southpaw approves of angst.

I was especially fond of the way you wove in the hair and cutting and made them into motifs. That was nice. My aboslute favorite part, though, is probably scene 2. Because it's so heartbreaking and sweet at the same time-Ritsu lies because she cares and Mio is just too trusting-it's a lie that shows so much truth and it's touching in all the ways a lie can be.

By the way, I like this:

"Snarl in the dusk everyday to carry on

Living in the past is not the way to live

But I wish you could hear me say

That I miss you"

What song is that from?

-Southpaw
Mitsu LOVE chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
... The story goes well at first. but it pissing me off..Mio is hanging out with someone?
half-note chapter 2 . 7/20/2010
Perhaps a late review but this so well written it deserves it. Hell, I becoming obssesed if there's any Mitsu recommendation please Pm me. I wished for a happy ending, too bad angst is delicious.
TheOtherPromise chapter 2 . 4/26/2010
That was so heartbreakingly beautiful.

I love the way you write Mistu fics and this one nearly brought me to tears. While it wasn't a happy ending, a story doesn't necessarily need one to be great and this was most definetly great. You are a genius.
Sheldor chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
I've actually just recently read all your fics, this is easily the best.

Beautifully written.
After All Ever After chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
This was absolutely amazing.

For one, the writing was stupendous compared to the other Mitsu fics I've read, which all will probably end happily. Well thought-out, natural, and heart-wrenching; this was what I wanted and was expecting of these two and you've pinned it very well.

That isn't to say that I didn't want a happy end, but with all the other fics roaming the space, I'm glad someone brought this side to light. Not only that, but crafted it artfully in stead of making it terribly cliche and predictable.

I say that because, even though I knew the outcome of the ending, each section was a surprise to me.

With that, I think I'll go browse the rest of your stuff. :B This was wonderful.
centigrade chapter 2 . 2/20/2010
I am speechless.

You are nothing short of a genius.
the eyesore chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
T.T *broken hearted*
EastLake chapter 2 . 2/4/2010

That's all I have to say.
Koi-no-Iro chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
Angsty. Genius. Quite lengthy, but most definitely worth it. I wouldn't want any of those minutes of my life back, for I believe I've spent them wisely. In short: Great job!