Reviews for A Matched Set
sell chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Translate portuguese in Google,ok?
Absolutamente incrivel. Eu não sei qual foi a minha linha preferida nesta fic. Sempre quando vejo reprises CI tenho idéias para histórias e é ótimo que escritores capazes como você as publique para nosso deleite. Estamos no final de 2012 e só agora me deparei com esta fic nos favoritos de outro leitor. De lá para cá você não postou mais nada. Gostaria que terminasse 'A tangled web', que está incrivel! Vi que estava incompleta e tenho a regra de NÃO ler fics assim, mas não consegui resistir pois o resumo chamou minha atenção. Já faz tempo é certo, mas tenho esperança que leia isto e termine a fic citada. Ficaria muito contente.
Rokimbo chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Wow, I'm impressed. You turned a simple observation into a really wonderful story! Fantastic!
LadyBlueDevil86 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
That was just lovely! Many times I've thought about their wardrobe transformation over the years (and I do have to say that I was glad to see Eames lose the wife-beater T's that she sometimes stripped down to in the squadroom!), but this was something that never occurred to me. I think you might have just nailed it!
rindy713 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
a beautiful idea - and well-executed! sometimes noticing the little things can lead to something wonderful ... like this story. you turned their despair into hope, transformed by love.
Weathergirl chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Aw... I love the concept behind the wrists and the story itself. Eames sharing what she feels and Goren feeling like he's damaged. But by each one's admission, they feel the comfort Love it!
dh2930 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This is a beautiful story. I think it was a great act of love that allowed Alex to reach out in spite of her own fears and grant Bobby this lovely act of compassion and mercy. I am so glad he was able to do the same. Damaged goods? Aren't we all "damaged" to some degree? Life is not for the faint of heart, at times it batters us and when it does, it leaves scars. I think that is what makes us facinating. I am so glad these two finally reached out in the right direction, towards each other. Beautiful job.
TriStateCopFan chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Nice story! They do, indeed, share common "battle scars" of life. ...and her too-long sleeves drive me crazy! Clothes DO come in proportion correct/petite sizes, Alex! Anyway, nice job in noticing the 'common thread' of their "threads."
bogoalexea chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
"the tiny seed of love I had buried long ago in my heart sprouted a bit more until the vines were tangled so thickly that sometimes I could hardly breathe." - I just love the analogy there! Also the "unpartner-like feelings"... B)

This one here is pretty catchy and true _ I never thought of it that way :wub:

"both instances had ended the same, with our freedom gone, our bodies tortured, our spirits nearly broken, the taste of impending death bitter on our tongues. We had both survived with help from the other."

And your idea for this story's pretty original:D
cifan chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
That was lovely. Great insight into his wardrobe change. I love it when you're watching an epi, on that you've seen dozens of times, when suddenly you're struck with a story. I'm glad that happened to you, and that we all got to share in your revelation!
Gypsy5 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking story, you had me there you really did hoping he would not turn away...but he didn't I sort of knew he wouldn't but you can never be sure when secrets are uncovered...a beautifl story thank you.
Medea Callous chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Wow, very very nice! That's an excellent explanation for something - re: Eames - that I've wondered for a long time. I also like how you highlighted that they were *both* damaged. I find that a lot of people in the LO:CI fandom focus only on Goren's pain, presumably since it's so visible. Eames has had some traumas too, and I think it's sad when she's expected to be stoic or worse, castigated for being unfeeling, just because she doesn't show her scars as readily. Good job!