Reviews for Matchmaker
XSuicuneX chapter 4 . 8/27/2010
that made me giggle a bit...and again, reminded me why I don't really like GX. Judai is like...Jouno dumbed down about four..six...eight notches, mixed in with Yuugi's dueling talent. Oh, and also you add in Kaiba's fanatasism. That's pretty much it. *nods*
XSuicuneX chapter 3 . 8/27/2010
I review the first and second chapters, why not the third? *rolls eyes*

Hehehehehe...now I'm imagining several kids in the acadamy being Polarshipping and various other shipping fans.

And the Kaiba brothers are eating popcorn whilst watching this...though they (or at least Set) will never admit it.
XSuicuneX chapter 2 . 8/27/2010
I obviously reviewed last chapter without reading this one...okay, so Jounouchi DIDN'T know about Mai...then it was the students keeping Kaiba from avoiding him in his school...yeah...

That or Seto really IS a closet matchmaker...and only Mokuba would know...*cackles*

I like the fact that the duel's so short. Some of the fic writers on here...ug...I don't CARE about the game, I want character interaction! Is that so hard to ask? Bah.
XSuicuneX chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I have to say this, when it was Mai talking to KAIBA of all people I cackled madly. Oh, Seto, you know you're seacretly a matchmaker at heart. I don't know, imagining him being his grouchy self and objectively observing all this makes me laugh my ass off.

Kaiba on the phone, tying to keep Jounouchi from dueling in his school...failing, pulling the phone from his ear as Jou yells or whatever. Argues, hangs up, then he calmly turns to Mokuba who seems mildly interested in the conversation...

"So...Jounouchi's dueling Mai then...this could be interesting."

And then Mokuba laughs his ass off at the entire situation while his brother keeps a straight 'grouch' face through the entire exchange.

I love seeing Kaiba in those situations. Now for JouMai!
yllimilly chapter 3 . 3/13/2010
Wow. Neat chapter, neat last-liner. I could hear the cheering in my head!
yllimilly chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
Wow. I thought this part was pure bliss:

"I told them..." Mai hesitated. "...told them I'd duel if it wasn't you."

"Not me?" Jounouchi asked, head still lowered. His duel disk activated, and the students cheered louder. He said something more, lifting his head and looking right at her, but she could hear only the cheering.

And kudos for writing a duel that I enjoyed reading! Your prose rocks!
yllimilly chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
wow, that was a great intro chapter. You built up the suspense and the emotional tension really nicely. This is awesome.
FFNRocks chapter 3 . 2/4/2010
This was so well done. Very good visuals.
WheelerValentine chapter 4 . 1/26/2010
WOW, i loved this story so much, I always wanted to see what would happen if Joey and Mai ended up in duel academy, and This WAS AWSOME, I'd love to see more JoeyxMai in conjunction with duel academy XD, but i know you probably have alot of other fics to write, btw i love your polar libary :D, yeah i am a polarholic :P hope to see more thanks again Great story :D
FFNRocks chapter 3 . 1/21/2010
Very good. Like the feelings Mai is having and her thoughts are well done
LuckyBlackCat chapter 3 . 1/21/2010
God, after the day I've had I really needed some good polar to cheer me up. Thank you. I'm too tired to think of anything clever to write, so I'll just say well done, thank you, I loved it.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Oi, that's an interesting duel...

Hope you update soon.

TDH
LuckyBlackCat chapter 2 . 1/17/2010
Yay for fast updates! Thank you :D

Oh my God, you actually wrote a duel I didn't get bored reading! I must give you something...a cookie? Great chapter, especially because I wasn't expecting it to be over that quickly. I'm going to have fun guessing what happens next!
FFNRocks chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
Great chapter. Better than the first for showing Mai's thoughts and feelings.

Can't wait for the next installment.
LuckyBlackCat chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Don't worry so much about another "post-Doom-Mai-feels-guilty-and-doesn't-want-to-face-Jou Fic". Personally, I love them. Can't get enough of them. This looks like it's going to be a good one, though to be honest I don't know if I want to read a long duel...it's funny that a lot of fan fics don't include duels when Yu-gi-oh is nothing but duels...

I like your characterisations (I think that's what I mean) of Kaiba and Mokuba and of course Mai. I really, really want to know what happens! :D