Reviews for 1: Dawn of Thunder
stapet chapter 15 . 11/18/2016
Interesting story, but I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

The timeline is after season 1 right? Only then did two warships got destroyed in orbit.

While the idea of the story is interesting, there are way too many plot holes. For example, human scientists were able to understand how ZP energy extraction works and create more of them, but they weren't able to create a working plasma weapon? Not only that, but how were the first five British vessels powered? It is impossible to use naquadah since they would have no source for the material, and the only way is utilizing ZPMs but as already stated, they understand the technology so well to use it in such frivolous tasks?

An energy being "helped" them understand all these technologies, but they managed to achieve such a progress in less than a year? Seriously now?

And Thundersdawn were able to locate the Asgards' ships, but they weren't able to build a working plasma weapon? Granted they needed the funding, but they have been in space for who knows how long and they don't have a working gun? Man it gets more complicated by the hour.

Additionally ZPM's don't provide a steady amount of power, but supplement when it is required, it is for that reason that the power grid on Atlantis isn't overloaded every time the shield is open and powered by ZPMs. If a steady flow was provided, ZPMs would be good to only power cities and generally civilian centers which would see no combat, and not power shields of sank cities that are under constant bombardment.

They also managed to decrypt SGC communication protocols? Really? We are talking now about some of the best encrypted communications. If they are able to penetrate those, what is stopping them from listening to every governmental secret of every nation on Earth?

Don't take it wrong but while your story is certainly interesting, and I enjoy watching the Americans get somewhat humiliated like that, you have literally countless plot holes in the whole fanfiction.
Man come on I don't mind a bit of wank, but here you have created a nation that theoretically understands the principles by which ZPMs work and they can create them, with only a view of two star ships exploding in the sky, and a weird woman that came and told tall tales, which in turn convinced the prime minister to authorize five billion pounds as funding? Come on even if the genre is sci-fi, what you have created here makes no sense at all. And keep in mind I have read countless wanking fics in many universes.

As already mentioned I am not saying this to insult you or something, but it is extremely difficult to understand what is going on, and how most of what you describe happens. Not to mention that I am not sure as to when this fic takes place. After Apophis' attack or in a completely different time? Needless to mention that disclosure, and Thor's visit happened only months after Prometheus' unveiling, but apparently by know USAF has already three warships and Russia one in construction.
thunder18 chapter 15 . 12/30/2013
Great chapter
Firewolfe chapter 15 . 4/20/2010
This was a fantastic update. I really like this story and I love that the SGC got a chewing out. I love the US but I can see the politians being just that boneheaded with our allies which is stupid. Anyway I am so happy to see an update and look forward to seeing more when you have the time. This story seems so real and logical. I can see the UK doing just what they are in this. Hell I would be upset if they did not.
Gundum M chapter 15 . 4/8/2010
a very nice fic, and i enjoyed it and i don't even have a clue what book your crossing this over with
Richard6154 chapter 7 . 1/15/2010
Chaos

This chapter actually 14. You has double posted it or miss posted it instead of 7

Nice rewrite, thanks for sharing.
Bobboky chapter 15 . 1/15/2010
awesome work, truly awesome
Alagon chapter 7 . 1/15/2010
this chapter has dissapeared..