Reviews for Midnight Flight
nayin17 chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
wow! glad they are together even in death
Lokken.8 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
So bittersweet, well done!
hp chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Growing old is probably my biggest fear
Ericfmc chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Thanks, I enjoyed this, bittersweet. Loved the joke about making love on a broomstick.
JetLaBarge chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Found you through the incomparable Northumbrian, and read your Drabbles. With the latest Drabble I took a little time to read a little of your other writing.

I’m not sure what caught my eye about Midnight flight, but once I started I knew I had found a gem. At first I thought “hundreds?” but then did some quick math. If each Potter decedent averaged 3 children, then 3 – 9 – 27 - 81 – 243, well before they were 150 years old there would be ‘hundreds’ of Potter decedents. Add in someone early in the generations who is prolific, or Teddy (and Victoria, my head canon has them married), and I always figured that Harry and Ginny would consider Teddy’s children their grandchildren too, and the number gets even larger quicker.

I don’t know why writers think Harry and Ginny would die within hours or days of each other. It’s real romantic, but not very realistic. Oh well, its fiction, so we can indulge in all the romance we want.

I noticed in your Drabbles some reference to a canon, or view of the future of our favorite couple, that you have, but that all your writing does not conform to the ‘canon.’ Northumbrian seems to have a consistent ‘canon’ even though his stories sort of pop all around. I know I have an outline that starts at the Battle of Hogwarts and goes on for well over a hundred years, with a rough draft through the first nineteen. I just can’t post anything out of order, though.

More than most reviewers I’m interested in the process of writing, how (and maybe why) you do what you do.

And even though I’ve posted, revised, and after getting a beta started a 250,000 (posted on HPFF) story all over, I agree with your comments. All the Fan Fiction web sites are full of 19 year stories that start with no end in mind, and sort of die out as the authors find out that writing a real 19 year tale is a lot of work.

(Typed in Word, so I could spell check.)

Jet
gredandforgerock chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Nice little one shot. I think is one of the nicest death sceens I've encountered.
CaseyLove chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Wow, that was really well done.
ExceptionallyOrdinary chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
...Did They Die At The End?...

I don't mean it to sound Crude, but that's the easiest way to put it..
Dani5683 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I saw that coming when you kept putting through the years and over the years. That was an incredablly sweet story.
Amnesia Completa chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Wow, the last sentence was really beautiful. (And the rest of the story also, of course). No tissues needed, but it's really strange to think about this. Because they survived the war, but you know they're going to die once, and that is strange. Really strange. Great job!
Scrivensabre chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Amazing story... What a unique concept - now I'm feeling emotional, dang...
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
No tissues necessary, for me, at least! If what I think happened actually happened, all I can say is what a way for them to go! Thanks for writing!
Tinkerbell79 chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Sad, but also happy in a way - but overall beautiful. Very well done.
Rachelme177 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Ooh ... that was good. I suspected where it was headed when I realized that they were *old*. But you got to it in such a nice way. The idea of two old people (and for some reason, I pictured my own grandparents) sneaking out to ride on a broom brought a real smile to my face.

Then you ended it, and almost brought a tear to my eye. I suspect the only thing that stopped it was the fact that I was already braced for that ending.

I don't know if you've ever checked out the fics at Mugglenet, but there was a really good one there titled 'Everyone Does It' - an absolutely amazing story, the first ever 'death fic' that I liked in spite of Harry being dead. This one is in the same caliber as that one. Very well done.

Rachelme
Ixde chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Really nice,i liked this so much...your writing is really good