Reviews for Corner Conversation
Remus Hroozley chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
I am so glad that i was not the only one who was interested in Charles and Erminia. Thank you so much for this short story! Any chance you will write more with two of them? :)
Angel Starbeam chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Erminia was a favorite of mine in the sequel. Its funny, my mother shipped her and Sir Charles when she saw them dancing! Anyway, this was a good snippit and the voice feels true to Erminia.
Miss Laurentia chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Chicago Brown, I loved the elegance of the flirting game you've portrayed between Erminia and Sir Charles! It feels so true to that era and that class.

Their flirting is very polite and mannerly, yet it does not preclude them speaking their mind and having the odd little dig at each other. All done in the nicest possible way of course. In this way, the interaction between the two reminds me of that between Emma Woodhouse and Mr Knightley of Jane Austen's 'Emma'. Very engaging!

CB, I like how introduced your story with the dancing of the older ladies of Cranford - the Amazons; and how you rounded your story off with Erminia and Charles joining in that dance.

The dance I think is a major element in your story, as it has bought the whole of Cranford together just as it has bought your story together. It has not least bought together, Erminia and Sir Charles.

I also like that we are left with the tantalising prospect, two days later, that their friendship may indeed prosper. I would be happy to learn more from you about this burgeoniong friendship!
MrsTater chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
A friend and I were just talking about Cranford and how we shipped Erminia/Sir Charles based on that one flash of them dancing, and how fun to discover this fic! I really like their banter, and I can just here Greg Wise's smarmy tones and Michelle Dockery's picqued ones. Such a nice little missing moment. Loved the jokes about William's curls, too!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Poor Erminia was given so little to do in the script of "Return to Cranford" that it's a wonderful favor you've done, allowing her a story of her own.

I like her very much from your characterization, and the use of language is wonderful (though I would substitute "elicited" for "elected" when Sir Charles makes Erminia laugh). I can believe she was NOT attracted to William, for the reasons you gave, and that she has a mind of her own.

That said, I wonder if it's the best thing for her to consider Charles Maulver. He's rich and handsome, but I've never liked him, and I have come to like Erminia through this story.

All in all, a good look at the little dramas and romances going on in a room full of people.

You might want to contact LadyKatherine to put this among the stories in her Cranford community.
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Hm, I'd thought of an Erminia/Sir Charles pairing when I watched them dancing. The glimpse of the Cranford ladies offering wedding advice is very true to the series, so is Erminia usually expecting herself to be the centre of attention. But leave William's curls alone! Expand this, or write another, but write more Cranfic.