Reviews for The Art of Potions
SeverusPotterSnape chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
holy crap... you really haven't updated for such a long time! sweet merlin... i have forgotten about tis story until now.

i gotta reread it now since you've updated.

anywho, please update soon. i can't wait 2 see the next chappie.
WynterRavenheart chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
A bit friendly, yes, but nothing that serious.

And... try wording it different with the 'stressors'. Maybe 'you don't have that many stressful stuff'?
LovelySpiral chapter 3 . 3/26/2010
Nice... I like it. Very much. "If you are our only hope, then I would consider us well and truly fucked." xD That was hilarious.
hani chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
I hope you have a creative revenge for that witch Anastasia. Love the story so far , I just adore a cautious Severus and the progession of their relationship.
SiriusBlackShouldntHaveDied chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
I loved this storya lot! Update really soon, please ]

And I don't think Draco and Harry were too friendly. And I ssay stressors and I'm not a psych major so I guess it's normal ]

Anywayss, great story & I love it!
SilkenRoseDreams chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
I think Harry and Draco are perfectly fine in that scene. Harry's life has gone topsy turvy, he's distracted, and Malfoy is worried about his godfather. They're all together too distracted to let childhood worries and things get in the way of what they want.
Petuniac3 chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
I absolutely adore everything about this fic and no I do not think you made them too friendly-sometimes the hatefulness becomes old and boring
Ichihime chapter 10 . 3/26/2010
Stressors? 'Normal' people, at the very least sixteen year olds, don't use that word casually. Perhaps 'stress factors' would be better. How would Harry have become exposed to that word? Does he have psychology books or something? He's at Hogwart's all year round and none of his classes should have included that word. Hermione might use it... But to get the grades she does when would she have time to study that 'muggle' subject?

I can see Severus using it as he is much more academical than Harry, but Harry seems too young and inexperienced in that area to use that word. Very good that you caught on to that not being the most casual word.

Loved the chapter, though I would have really wanted a longer one. ;) Update again soon, please?
MuSiCfreak3211 chapter 8 . 3/19/2010
LOVE IT!
SeverusPotterSnape chapter 9 . 3/18/2010
poor sev... you haven't updated for a week! please update soon! its getting awesome! more severus/harry please!
Paon chapter 9 . 3/15/2010
loved the chapter and Iam glad i was finally able to read it. Cant wait till chapter 10. I cant believe you got a Flame! I dont understand people who do that. I mean, they know from the first chapter and the descriptions what they are getting into. If someone does not like or approve of a situation then they have the power to hit the 'back space' button.

sigh...

anyways...thanks for another lovely chapter. I can foresee some drama starting to happen though, especially when Harry goes back 'home.'
None231223 chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
Wow, back into this again...haha, too bad you're really good at writing this plot. :) I've read a lot of stories like this, and I gotta say, yours is one of the best. I have nothing to critique you about, so please continue with your story as soon as you can! Can't wait for your next chapter.
Tonks-is-cool chapter 9 . 3/10/2010
Very impressive, this story gets better and better.

Thank you for the quick updates.

The Harry - Dean talk was a relief (for Harry and I, maybe because I have read so many stories where Harry has a quite difficult time with his Gryffindor housemates because of his choice of lover, be it for example Draco or Severus)

Harry found out something important: There is another person trustworthy and understanding, secondly that he, Harry, is much more attractive to other students then he ever thought.

Then the nightmare: scary. How Harry finds comfort in Severus, how they talk, I find that very well written.

-*-*-

You said you got a first flame?

Where? Why?

So strange, this is really a slow moving, rather well constructed story, lots of talks and character development and a really sneaky, manipulative, backstabbing OC to spice things up.

Nowhere a MarySue or people behaving totally OOC to be found in this story.

The Dursleys were abusive, not just neglectfull;

Dumbledore is a manipulative chessplayer, using people ruthlessly for the greater good;

he did everything to ensure that Harry was raised as a plieable, loyal tool and a lamb to slaughter;

it surely takes extraordinary circumstances to change Severus opinion about and behavior towards Harry;

it would have done Harry a world of good to have Severus as a mentor, although it would have been very dangerous for Severus spy job;

anyone doubting these story elements should reread the HP books cover to cover and take a few hours to reseach on HP Lexicon and accio quote, for Merlins sake!

The only opinion not unquestionabley supported by canon is the slash aspect.

Of course under normal circumstances a student teacher relationship in the real world is not ok.

However this is a fictional relationship...

In your story Severus does resist, he struggles against the temptation something fierce and for a long time, compared to some other Snarrys.

He does not take advantage of Harry, at all.

In my opinion Harry is more likely to enter a relationship with eiter an (elder, Slyterhin) man like Sev or perhaps someone like Bill, Charlie or an OC then with the dreadfull canon pairing with Ginny.

Shudders.

So strange how he suddlenly likes her at the end in HBP, when he was not interested in any girls since the Cho desaster.

He has noticed that Hermione is a girl, inded, but he seems to regard her as only a friend.

Maybe Ginny gave him Amortentia in HBP, JKR only didnt write the scene?

Does anybody believe that it is realistic or healthy to suddenly fall in love (and later, right out of school to marry her like in the DH Crapilogue) with the little sister of ones best friend, who was raised with bedtime stories of the savior, the Boy-who-lived-to-be-a-hero?

If you read the books and especially watch the films, there is quite a lot of (subtle) tension between Harry and Seveus (think of some scenes in POA, GOF, OOP or HBP).

Well this is fanfiction, we all love to play with canon and twist it, explore possible what ifs...

Cant see why anybody could not at least tolerate, if not outright like your fic...?
Mona chapter 8 . 3/5/2010
I really like your story and hope you write more soon.
werekat chapter 8 . 3/5/2010
This is great! I love it.
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »