Reviews for The Art of Potions
the-dreamer4 chapter 6 . 2/8/2010
This was a good way to handle it, especially with Severus recalling the B*ch's accusations. If he hadn't had misgivings, he wouldn't be snarky-but-heroic-and-strangely-attractive Snape, he'd be nasty-I-only-do-what's-good-for-me Snape.

Harry's Slytherin side is coming out a bit. *grin* Gryffindor courage to go back on Monday, and Slytherin cunning for, "Oh, but you didn't *say* these meetings were canceled!"

Long, graceful fingers ... there is a common assumption that JKR used that as a indicator of particularly powerful magic ... I like to think that Severus is exceptionally talented in a wide variety of areas, and considering his musings that his lovers weren't there for his good looks, he must have been talented there, too. *smirk*

I like this ... more, please, when you can.

dreamer
Tonks-is-cool chapter 6 . 2/8/2010
Nice story, good chapter, dont move on with their relationship too fast!

Yes there must be doubt, hesitation, resistance - although I believe in this case "resistance is futile"... *wink*

Glad that Harry finally figured out whats troubeling Severus and what his own feelings on girls, boys and dating in general and their special relationship in particular are.
Mouse Kaiser chapter 6 . 2/7/2010
I love teacher-student stories. Keep going!

3)~ Mouse Kaiser
Pygmy Puff of Doom chapter 6 . 2/7/2010
The art is an interesting concept. It reminds me a bit of the Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (one of my favorite books. if you haven't read it yet then i highly recommend that you do) I am curious about what The Art of Potions painting looks like, and i kind of want to know what flaws of Harry's she would amplify...i don't say this about many people (besides Umbridge) but Anastasia really is a b*tch. I think i would pay to see what she would come up with when doing a self-portrait. Anyways, this is interesting...continue please.
WynterRavenheart chapter 6 . 2/7/2010
I loved the mention of a damsel in distress and Sev saying thanks in the name of his ego.

Also how Harry just goes along with reason and takes the reigns of his life when he makes plans to go and see Sev the next Monday. But will he succeed?
SusieQ chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
Just curious what Anastasia would paint as Harry's flaws. If it doesn't come out in the story, I'd love to have a chance to read what the potential painting would have been if you want to write it. So far I like the way it is progressing. While the actual physical side may seem to be going quickly, they have both had months to re-evaluate their opinions of each other and are now both looking at what is really there.
RJ McG chapter 5 . 2/4/2010
Maybe it is a little fast so maybe they can both have a little freak-out and then they canfind their way back towards each other. Were you going to have them actually "hookup" while Harry is still a student or have them choose to wait until there are no moreconflicts of conscience? Something to consider-a long "getting to know you" period.
BluEyz91 chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
I love the story and I think the developments are going at a good pace. Didn't expect King to be such a bwitch. Lol
WynterRavenheart chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
No, not going too fast... too fast implies falling on the bed and fuc*ing like bunnies and then falling in love in an impossible plot.

The way I see it, it's like there was some attraction already or at least an interest and with a point of view change, comes a relationship change, it just so happens that it took a turn for romance.
themrs chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
damn you for that cliffhanger! great chap!
SilkenRoseDreams chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
3 I love it! So cute! Hurry with the next chappie! I really wanna see how they react! Please don't be one of those cliched writers and make one of them apologise. It is, as I said, cliched. And overused. It's always whoever initiates the kiss that feels guilty for it and it's silly because why would anyone ever apologise for a kiss that they both enjoyed(or at least responded to).
Spyrella chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
Hm.. I know that you want things to progress, but I'm not sure the kiss at the end seemed warranted yet - Severus seemed to have more self control than that, though I'm sure it'll bemuse them both for a while to come. Though it did fit in well with the other stuff that was going on, but chapter five seems quite early (I've been reading The Marriage Stone on earlier, and I'm sure they don't even kiss until about chapter 55! If you've not read it, you should).

It's just that I expected a little more drawing out of the tension in Severus yet, that's all :)

But your story seems to be running smoothly and I'm interested in seeing exactly where this goes. The Anastatia King factor, and her art, seems totally uniqute to me. Great character.

And I'm impressed by the speed of your updates - I'm sure I only read chapter four this morning... but maybe I'm slow.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I go on for too long! :) Love the story. Keep it up.
yesnomaybeso chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
CLIFFHANGER! CLIFFHANGER! YOU LEFT A CLIFFHANGER! NO!

Grr. Well...it was lovely. :) I just HATE cliffhangers! I want to know what happens!

And no, you're pace is excellent. Don't worry about that. :)

~GR
lulucats144 chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
interesting
WynterRavenheart chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
I'm glad, seriously! Instead of simply taking the blackmail, he goes right back and fight her behind her back. Supposedly that is, who knows what Ms. King has planned.
209 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »