Reviews for The Case of The Knotty Problem
Eternal Crush Haver chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Wonderful story!
Salysha chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
You write with a good touch. Della's characterization is nice. The ever-later nights yielding an opportunity to explore the growing tension are a plausible scenario. Mason does pace; one client called him a "walker" and explained how her husband also paced the floor. Della's role does call for endless patience and a fair bit of devotion, both of which have the potential of turning into more. There was some apt alliteration, which was both effective and smile-inducing: "ardent appreciation."

"Perry reached up, grabbed her wrist and held fast." I really took to this, especially since you found an adverb without -ly. It is that much more effective.

"Beautiful, elegant, strong." The man is still talking about the fingers, isn't he? I like the subtlety at work. The thought of a man—any man—as a "thorough lover" is undeniably, inarguably enticing. The closure to the situation felt in-character, too, when Mason says that he wasn't really sorry.

I can appreciate the title, Knotty Problem. Nice way of creating an allusion to the knots in the neck and something that's hard to figure out.

The mistakes are few and far in-between. This structure would be more fluent without the slighly awkward construction and the repeated to-to: "without trying to remember or organize his ideas" (*without having to try to remember). Same here with the repeated ly-ly: "permanently increasing by the hour" (*hourly)." "Her hands continuing to unwind" (*their work of unwinding). The state of California has never used electrocution for capital punishment.

Typos: "It was hard not to, after sitting in a chair at the edge of her employer's massive desk for almost an hour, watch him pace" (*watching; the construction should be "it was hard not to watch him pace") and "...tomorrow held possibilities all its own" (*it's). You can also remove "tomorrow" and let the thought started a paragraph ago come to a conclusion on its own. "Affect the rest of her life" (*effect). You also need a few commas after the introductory subordinate clauses.

Overall, impressive work and a pleasant scenario.
Michelle285 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Oh I loved this story! It just made me smile. I love that she took the initiative and went to massage his shoulders. The line that had me laughing for forever though was: " 'At least the view is getting more interesting,' " It seriously cracked me up! I also loved when Perry told Della he wasn't really sorry. Of course he's not! :) I also loved the last line. So very perfect. The title also fit very well. I'm so jealous of good titles, since I never have any. :) Great job with everything in this story! I loved it! :)
Annie chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Very nice story. I can picture it.
terri chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
really enjoyed this story
GraceBe chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
That was a great, electric scene! I like the way you built up the tension between Perry and Della. And you're not cheesy. Something I really appreciate. The way you wrote it is very true to what we've read in the books and have seen on the screen. Keep those pieces coming!
Shakayla chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
First *hugs* for the writer's block - so hate it when that happens!

Next, a nice little piece that spoke of the tension of recognizing an attraction between two people - well written and enjoyable!

Typing certainly can make those fingers strong, can't it? *grin*

Thanks for sharing!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Good start so far, Captain! I even put it on my fave story list w/ all the other Perry Mason stories I enjoyed. I am still working on my Perry Mason crossover, but haven't been lately since there aren't recent ideas. Feel free to read it when you get the chance when you're not busy with your stories.
Quinnie03 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
So the muse has a blockage well it looks pretty clear to me...great stuff I wonder what Perry could say thank you for tomorrow ...
Ayjah chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
o loved it! You could totally see it playing out like that!