Reviews for The Trial of Fire
May chapter 9 . 4/13/2015
Pleeeaaase update this soon? :D This is simply a brilliant fic, I love how you guys have reconfigured the FFXII world and how you've shaped Larsa and Penelo's characters - I can still recognize them as the ones from the game, but they've developed so differently at the same time because life took a different turn for both of them. I love how this is written, with all the little details slipped in about the surroundings, clothing, present objects and all the humor sprinkled throughout - especially in Penelo's POV!

I'm just so curious about the life Larsa has lived all these years and what his family is up to and how BalFran, Ashe and the others are going to play into this. You can't leave us hanging like this! :P
Liezalotte chapter 9 . 2/15/2015
Update! Its so good! Please don't abandon this story! Update please!
Roses All Over chapter 8 . 11/2/2014
This is such a fun fic! I never get to read a good Larsa/Penelo anymore. I hope you update it soon.
KarmaLord chapter 9 . 3/23/2014
plllleeeassse tell me you plan on updating this? I want Penelo and Larse to get closer xD
princessricestalker chapter 9 . 7/8/2013
Absolutely love this story - when you gonna update? :c
Rose chapter 9 . 5/18/2013
-This part made me laugh so hard!-

"This?" She raised the bag, her hand still buried in it. "I was seeing if I took out the potions, if more would pop out."
"Why on earth would it do that?"
She shrugged. "I don't know. Just a weird hunch I had." She lifted the bag, spreading the inside with her arms. Looked empty to her. Hm.

-You are a GENIUS! LOL!-
Oh Penello...you are slowly giving in a little huh? But she's still putting up a fight, I like that.
Rose chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Come on Penello, you KNOW you want to be his partner and have fun flying around as a sky pirate. Oh well, Larsa is just going to have to win her over. I'm glad to see that Penello is on her way to becoming a skilled spellcaster. Keep it up!
Rose chapter 7 . 5/18/2013
This fic never gets old no matter how many times I read it. I love Larsa and Penello together when they finally kissed each other after being apart for thoes few days really made me smile, it was god to see them together a little again. Balthier and Fran's appearance made me laugh, you brought them in at such a great moment! Though, I do kindof wish that Balthier hadn't interupted Larsa and Penello, still, it made that part all the better! You really did a fantastic job on this chapter. Keep it up!
Wow chapter 9 . 4/18/2013
This story is quite the adventure. Its really interesting and I can't wait to see how it will unfold. I'm really looking forward to everyone finding out about Larsa. :) update soon!
Tiki chapter 9 . 3/25/2013
I just love their interactions and the trouble they've gotten themselves in. Can't wait for the next update!
Roses All Over chapter 9 . 3/24/2013
This is such a diffrent Larsa/Penelo then I am used too! I love how you made Larsa a pirate, it's good to see him in an action role other then boring nobility. Penelo is so much fun too, I love her serious and playful sides. I cannot wait to see how this fic turns out, I can definetly see all the thought that is going into it. Lol, Penelo is NOT going to get any sleep at all. ;)
Joyce chapter 9 . 2/26/2013
Jesus I can't wait for the next chapter!
Best LarsaxPenelo story ever! Loooooove it!
Hakkai'sHerFavorite chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
Ah! Another fantastic update!

I guess what I'll talk about in this chapter (did I go into imagery last time? Well done!) is the internal monologue. I loved the turns of phrase here, and especially the confusion.

Most writers tend to not know what to do with the plot or are making it up as they go, and it results in a runaround of "I feel SOMETHING. Oh, when I see him I feel SOMETHING VERY STRANGE... wonder what it is!?" Having confusion or internal struggle as the only romantic obstacle gets very old after a while because even if someone would realistically struggle with their thoughts for a while, the readers know faster since, well, they're the protagonists and the story is in the "romance" genre. The plot has to catch up to the reader, or risk making them frustrated with the protagonist they're supposed to be identifying with!

I'm really glad that this story isn't seeming to be at risk for that. Penelo's fairly quick on the uptake and sees her feelings for what they are (at least, as well as anyone with a crush on a criminal can), but there are plenty of very valid external factors that are rightfully enabling her denial, suspicion, and mistrust. It was also an excellent touch to give a few insights into the "Lamont/Larsa" set of circumstances, and let him unravel slightly when faced with this unknown factor and his own lack of foresight. Still, your Penelo's the kind of character who has actions and impulses that are more telling than her words (and Larsa is too, though in a different way), so discussions say less than action scenes and her magickal developments, which are laden with meaning.

It was nice to see some movement and outlining in that regard that didn't get too pedantic or spell-y out-y. It feels mischievous, like eavesdropping!

So, thank you again for another delightful chapter, and keep on keepin' on!
Threepwood2012 chapter 9 . 2/2/2013
Its great how the characters seem so real. Like how Penelo is having this whole kind of internal debate and Larsa is great cus he doesnt seem too predictable. Lovin the story so far :D. Can't wait for the next chapter :D
Besieged Infection chapter 9 . 2/1/2013
I like how Penelo took that little step there at the end. The metaphorical step of doing something so horribly awkward that it would have to pay off somehow, and she does it even though she doesn't know how it would pay off or even why she wants to do it. And the peeking, as well - Penelo is very human, and I just love reading her in this. Thanks for posting, and please keep up the good work!